Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, actually because Rene did not talk or present. The club owner made it clear this person was talking about what they were selling a few words from a model really does not count at presenting or even selling a product. We all narrowed it down to a female presenter. CHuntley was the main suspect.
I think 'was' could be 'is' (allegedly as in the media).

'Cant believe the guy demonstrating 519 582 used the f word live on TV'.
He was obviously quite shocked by this & went on to post the following -
'QVC well to be honest I was horrified to hear somebody who was trying to sell a product drop the f bomb, fortunately i was home alone, but what if some of my younger family members would have been around, imagine trying to explain that'
I have no idea of their ages but I must be very cynical because unless they're very young I don't think many would be fazed. It's just sums up how dreadful the Q has become.

I had it on in the background and did look up when I heard the Grumpy Gardener bloke say the F word. It’s not a word that I use myself but, if others do, I generally take no notice, although it depends who’s saying it and in which context.

I will admit to doing a double take though, when I heard it said on QVC, and then I chuckled. I doubt anything will be said to him though and that’s fair enough because it was a slip of the tongue and he did correct himself quickly.

There’s a lot worse said on QVC than the “f” word like “try it for yourself you’ve got nothing to lose” or “QVCs buying power” when it’s actually dearer than anywhere else, so QVC are f**%^n hopeless and a bunch of f^>!*n liars.........phew! that’s better. :cool:

Holy moly there is a post and many agreements that Q is like a breath of fresh air in the present circumstances. I think I’ll put my head in the oven now if that’s the best we can hope for.
It was nice to read the following that was posted in the cold light of day:
'I must be in the minority all I see is a company still desperately wanting to make money and profit from the horrors of what’s going on in the real world, but obviously that’s just my opinion'.

The CEO has put up a message, unfortunately, I am unable to cut and paste it.

But he knows that in these trying times QVC will be a source of comfort to us and take our minds off impending doom and possible death.⚰⚰⚰
:sick:

The CEO has put up a message, unfortunately, I am unable to cut and paste it.

But he knows that in these trying times QVC will be a source of comfort to us and take our minds off impending doom and possible death.⚰⚰⚰

DFBB1798-7DC1-4DA8-90AA-0D2A95E03745.jpeg

I’ve had a few emails from supermarkets telling me to shop sensibly, I would if there was anything left in them to buy. I couldn’t agree more about shopping sensibly though, that way we’d all be able to buy what we need. Couldn’t get in to Aldi by us yesterday and apparently Asda shelves were bare, but at least we got an email that people will take not a blind bit of notice of eh. We’re trying Tesco’s today............wish me luck people! I’m going in! :cool:

I’ve had a few emails from supermarkets telling me to shop sensibly, I would if there was anything left in them to buy. I couldn’t agree more about shopping sensibly though, that way we’d all be able to buy what we need. Couldn’t get in to Aldi by us yesterday and apparently Asda shelves were bare, but at least we got an email that people will take not a blind bit of notice of eh. We’re trying Tesco’s today............wish me luck people! I’m going in! :cool:

I had an email from Asda's CEO saying there's plenty for everyone. He obviously hasn't had a look at the store in Galashiels because it's emptying fast and Asda online has been out of stock for a fortnight of anything you might want to buy. Can't get teabags anywhere or even loose tea, no paper goods, very few tinned goods and now there's no meat/chicken/fish. Going to try individual shops today but it's hard when you're working as by the time you get to the shops they are empty. It's really unnerving me. Good luck getting some supplies Shopps.

CC

I had an email from Asda's CEO saying there's plenty for everyone. He obviously hasn't had a look at the store in Galashiels because it's emptying fast and Asda online has been out of stock for a fortnight of anything you might want to buy. Can't get teabags anywhere or even loose tea, no paper goods, very few tinned goods and now there's no meat/chicken/fish. Going to try individual shops today but it's hard when you're working as by the time you get to the shops they are empty. It's really unnerving me. Good luck getting some supplies Shopps.

CC

It’s awful isn’t it, not exactly the war spirit is it, seems everyone is out for themselves. As usual the rationing is too little too late with this country, thing is though if people were more considerate it wouldn’t be necessary. We’ve decided to leave trying to get a bit of shopping in till tomorrow, I said to the husband by the sounds of it we’ll just be wasting out time today, so we’ll have a go tomorrow. Hope you’re ok and you, end everyone else, get what you need xxx

I had two from Sainsbury's taking onboard suggestions only 3 of the most popular items allow per customer and early opening hours for the elderly those vulnerable.

we are thinking of you from Elemis, Liz Earle and Molton Brown, various online stores and department stores to be honest I am now bored with them and treated as spam and no opening.

Just had an email from M&S (bra fitting service suspended!) but no reference to limits on food. Waitrose have said they are reluctantly imposing online limits but not in store, they are relying on people's sense of fair play. Right. The fair play when people apparently bought whole boxes of hand gel not 1 or 2 bottles!

I did see on the MB and Loccy emails that you could pop into any shop and wash your hands if you so wish. I thought that was a good idea.

the large 12pack Andrew tissues went in a couple of minutes there were 200 packs the staff allowed only 1 per customer I have never seen stuff shift so fast

the shops must love it

CC sorry to hear things are not good up there in Gala, I lived and worked in Hawick for some years.Now on the NW coast ( England ,although I do not make a point of that!, I am a U.K. citizen) I hope your Common Ridings can go ahead this year although from my memories the amount of alcohol consumed will give some immunity! Happy days!

Latest posts

Back