Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just had an email from M&S (bra fitting service suspended!) but no reference to limits on food. Waitrose have said they are reluctantly imposing online limits but not in store, they are relying on people's sense of fair play. Right. The fair play when people apparently bought whole boxes of hand gel not 1 or 2 bottles!

I did see on the MB and Loccy emails that you could pop into any shop and wash your hands if you so wish. I thought that was a good idea.

MB also ask if you want to receive the endless Mother Day emails or not. I chose no as my Mum passed long ago. I really get p*ssed off getting bombarded with these treat your mother emails.

MB also ask if you want to receive the endless Mother Day emails or not. I chose no as my Mum passed long ago. I really get p*ssed off getting bombarded with these treat your mother emails.

Superdrug do the same Donna, I thought it was quite nice that they gave the option.

Yes, I first noticed these emails giving you the opportunity to opt out of Mother's Day emails last year and have had half a dozen this year.

Now, if QVC could offer us the chance to opt out of hearing about gifts for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, Easter, Hallowe'en, exam results and gawd knows what else, I'd be up for that.

Last edited:
I had an email from Asda's CEO saying there's plenty for everyone. He obviously hasn't had a look at the store in Galashiels because it's emptying fast and Asda online has been out of stock for a fortnight of anything you might want to buy. Can't get teabags anywhere or even loose tea, no paper goods, very few tinned goods and now there's no meat/chicken/fish. Going to try individual shops today but it's hard when you're working as by the time you get to the shops they are empty. It's really unnerving me. Good luck getting some supplies Shopps.

CC
Hello, we've really missed you cc 💐

Holland and Barrett had hand sanitiser gel (new in) online a couple of hours ago. It might be worth trying there if you need some, although it might have sold out by now. Two bottles per customer.
Website's not working properly, you can't buy it. Sorry not been on the forum, just not felt like talking but I have been snooping around. Things are a bit hard going just now.

CC

Website's not working properly, you can't buy it. Sorry not been on the forum, just not felt like talking but I have been snooping around. Things are a bit hard going just now.

CC
Sorry to hear that CC. Keep snooping and when you are up to it we are here. Stratto will keep our spirits up and you never know THAT crown might be at the back of some shelf waiting to be discovered.

CC

I initially had problems ordering. Put a bottle of gel in my basket but it wouldn’t let me check out. I tried again and it said they were doing routine maintenance on the site (it probably crashed because of demand.) I tried again an hour later and managed to order some, so it might be worth trying again - unless they’ve now sold out.

CC

Hello, candycane. I am like you, not been coming on here so much. I thought I’d log back in for something lighthearted and there is some humour here, which it sounds like you might need, as well as some positive advice. I’m keeping away from a lot of the online news reports because they have been giving me anxiety, as they have so many people. I’m hoping st.com won’t fill up with scare stories and things that might happen like other media. If it does, I’m off again. Let’s try and keep it light on here as there’s enough doom and gloom elsewhere.

😘

CC

So very sorry to hear you've not been yourself, CC. You're such a kind-hearted and generous person. It shouldn't happen to you. The sad thing is that those with the most empathy and capacity for kindness are those that either get put upon a lot or feel more and fall harder.

I hope things get easier and you get back to your old self soon.

I don't watch it all that much on the news although I do quite like the Sky News item around 6.30 where viewers' questions are put to a couple of experts, like GP or a teacher. Mind you, the TV schedules may well change soon with the BBC seeming to go into war mode. But if they keep them open there should be stations like 5USA or ITV3 showing old stuff which could keep your mind off it all. Coupled with a few drinks.

I don't watch it all that much on the news although I do quite like the Sky News item around 6.30 where viewers' questions are put to a couple of experts, like GP or a teacher. Mind you, the TV schedules may well change soon with the BBC seeming to go into war mode. But if they keep them open there should be stations like 5USA or ITV3 showing old stuff which could keep your mind off it all. Coupled with a few drinks.

And Talking Pictures, freeview 81, loads of nostalgic films on there, all day long.

This is the big problem with 24 hour rolling news its like groundhog day. I’ve decided to look at the headlines no more than once an hour which is more than plenty incase there are sudden changes rather than listen to them going over the same thing and stretching out the smallest of items into full scale stories to fill the time.

Still getting the gushing posts saying Q are lifesavers with their carry on regardless attitude. FFS get a grip!

someone asking if goods comming from Q will be safe. Rebeccaxxx assures it’s very safe and poster soooo relieved, Would you believe a word that comes out of SM teamxxx? If you are that daft you are going to find the going tough.

Latest posts

Back