Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I never go on waitlist but that is not to say I have never received a return but nothing where this has been obvious.I always make sure anything I return is in the condition I have received it.I have used cosmetics/ skin care & then returned though! Items can go undetected in the warehouse for up to weeks when you know they have been received and signed for!

I also have never gone for the waitlist, I did once long ago go on advanced order it was a ring which sold out. Every few months I got a letter asking if I still wanted the ring? If not please phone CS and cancel. I did get the ring and it took about 6 months for it to come back in stock.

Know what? I cannot even remember what ring it was now!

I also have never gone for the waitlist, I did once long ago go on advanced order it was a ring which sold out. Every few months I got a letter asking if I still wanted the ring? If not please phone CS and cancel. I did get the ring and it took about 6 months for it to come back in stock.

Know what? I cannot even remember what ring it was now!
Your last sentence sums up everything about the majority of items available from the Q & probably most stuff in general. One of my lockdown tasks was going through the thousands of photos we have, the cut off between getting envelopes full of prints & downloading from phone to computer was really obvious! I was determined to sort, not get emotional, & as I put them into order it was my clothes that gave me my happiest memories; I could think of places I'd been & why I had bought certain garments. I could hear my mum's voice when she used to look at her black & white photos telling me what colours they were, where she'd bought them & how well she could walk in five inch heels. I'm waiting for a dull or wet day before we, yes Mr T you're included, sort through the understairs cloakroom because I'm sure there's a box of my 1980s clothes waiting to be found.

Amanda Holden's posted film of herself wearing an evening dress when she's taking out her wheelie bin#airhead#attentionseeker#idiot

There's so many of these so called celebs (don't ask me who half of them are) who seem to be using any old excuse to be pushing themselves into the limelight. Got to keep up their media coverage I suppose but I think if this worldwide situation has proved anything it is these people really don't matter. I hope it gets some of them back into the real world where being an "influencer" and displaying your boobs/backside on instagram is not considered a job.

CC

At the start I hoped that they would stop as we all had much more important things to think about but how wrong was I! Now they have 24 hours of doing nothing and going nowhere to indulge in it.

If I see one more at home keep fit, no make up, full make up, cooked dishes, cleaning the bathroom, ****** dancing photo I will not be responsible for my actions.

Can they not read a book or something.

Just stop it!

As for those in their wedding dresses- I think it‘s just a smug way of showing that you haven’t put on any weight so it still fits.

Well that’s me out!
Mine is in the understairs cloakroom & my Mr T asked me if I was going to try it on! I know it'll fit but with grey hair & a much thinner face I'll look like Miss Haversham so that's not going to happen.

I ignore anything celebrity based, whether it’s tweets, videos or stuff sold on QVC. I suppose people are impressed by them but I’m certainly not. I don’t care what they’re wearing, whose arm they’re hanging off, what they’ve been doing etc etc because I’m more than happy with my life and have no need to ‘envy’ or fawn after them.

some weird stuff going on.

QVC Facebook

People still complaining about presenters standing too close and being reported to the Covid19 hotline. That will teach them.🤣🤪

Strange post now removed about the food company on yesterday should be ashamed? One poster asked Pardon?

Loads of complaints about the phone lines not being answered as people wanting to cancel auto-delivery stuff or their stuff not arriving at all.

Someone saying they thought someone had been banned from QVC Facebook but still posting? Others saying the said person had blocked them so they didn't see her posts anyway.

The drama over easy code from last weekend still going on as people have not got their refunds and only easy pay taken. One said they had a double order showing even though the only ordered one item. That happened to my friend but she phoned straight away and got the other one cancelled.

i saw those posts and as I look only asa visitor some of them in particular the one about a particular poster went over my head.

saw one yesterday about an earlier post about Ali K having been removed.
There was a comment that Ali K should not be at work because she's in a high risk group. Someone responded saying she knew what she was doing, that person's right because her treatment for cancer ended over eight years ago & she's at no greater risk than those who haven't been through that ordeal. Her radiotherapy treatment burnt one of her lungs & some of her ribs so if she gets a chest infection she cam become really ill.

Ali K isn’t in a position where she needs to work so if she is working then it is a purely personal decision. Now whether I would do so is a different story but then if I had survived cancer I wouldn’t act like a rotisserie chicken .

I’ll guarantee the same posters aren’t the least bit worried about warehouse staff and couriers since they are faceless unlike their “friends” on telly selly

There's a Covid-19 hotline?

If I thought they actually would come and take my neighbour away I'd report her. I'm not a fan of Piers Morgan but did catch him slating in disgust the people who come out and clap as being the same ones that are flouting rules. I actually agree with him wholeheartedly. My neighbour is carrying on as normal - up and down the street to the neighbours she gets on with (who are also flouting), her kids visiting and bringing their children, nothing wrong with her but has a daily supermarket delivery yet has posters in the window supporting the NHS.

Yes I seen that, just when we thought there was no situation she wouldn’t use a photo op for, she goes and doesn’t surprise us 😂

And what a photo op. For starters, who dresses up to take the bins out? Only other idiots. Who considers it a photo worth looking at? Only other idiots. Idiot spreading panic to other idiots who decide to burn down masts. The only good of that would be fewer people possibly being able to look at her photo op.

This lockdown business is seriously affecting my idiot tolerance levels!

And what a photo op. For starters, who dresses up to take the bins out? Only other idiots. Who considers it a photo worth looking at? Only other idiots. Idiot spreading panic to other idiots who decide to burn down masts. The only good of that would be fewer people possibly being able to look at her photo op.

This lockdown business is seriously affecting my idiot tolerance levels!
I never had any tolerance so you can imagine what my levels are now.
you know what Wolfie used to say “come the glorious day .....” well if I’m still here at the end of it I hope it will remembered who acted well and who acted like money grabbing/attention seekers and give their support accordingly.

There's a Covid-19 hotline?

If I thought they actually would come and take my neighbour away I'd report her. I'm not a fan of Piers Morgan but did catch him slating in disgust the people who come out and clap as being the same ones that are flouting rules. I actually agree with him wholeheartedly. My neighbour is carrying on as normal - up and down the street to the neighbours she gets on with (who are also flouting), her kids visiting and bringing their children, nothing wrong with her but has a daily supermarket delivery yet has posters in the window supporting the NHS.
My brother's partner is a key worker and doesn't come out to clap for the same reason - she doesn't want to associate with the utter hypocrisy of neighbours who are treating this as an extended bank holiday and entertaining visitors.
I have neighbours who are moving in - several people turn up, in several different cars - all masked and gloved, to be fair - but no way are all of them from a single household to move stuff in.
Up and down the country I have family or friends who have observed people continuing to have visitors in and out of their homes on a daily basis.
Unless you want to end up in a "Neighbours from Hell" episode after all of this is over, you can't really get into it with them. I think they will only stop if the consequences for them or their loved ones is hospitalisation or death, sadly... otherwise they are completely blind to the consequences to others in the population of their selfish stupidity.

I live in a small cul-de-sac and I think I’m the only one who has actually driven out of the Close since the lockdown and that has only been to pop to the local shops for bread and other essential items. We’re a friendly bunch and are usually quite happy to stop to have a natter, but the Close is like a ghost town now. I’ve seen a couple of neighbours when I’ve gone to get into the car and we’ve conducted loud greetings and a quick chat from distances that are more than the 2 metres, but apart from that it’s as though I’m the only person living here.

No one has come out to clap on a Thursday evening, which surprised me, so I’ve thanked the key workers by clapping them in my lounge. Rainbows are now appearing in people’s windows though so I know they haven’t all upped sticks and disappeared.

In my area, I haven’t seen anyone flouting the rules. I haven’t even detected the smell of any BBQs in the current warm weather, which is odd. However, as 99% of the British public have stuck to the lockdown rules, I would have no hesitation in saying something if I saw someone who wasn’t.

Latest posts

Back