Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There's a Covid-19 hotline?

If I thought they actually would come and take my neighbour away I'd report her. I'm not a fan of Piers Morgan but did catch him slating in disgust the people who come out and clap as being the same ones that are flouting rules. I actually agree with him wholeheartedly. My neighbour is carrying on as normal - up and down the street to the neighbours she gets on with (who are also flouting), her kids visiting and bringing their children, nothing wrong with her but has a daily supermarket delivery yet has posters in the window supporting the NHS.

One of my neighbours are flouting the don't visit rule too with their friends in the next road.

I have just found out she works for the NHS. Words fail me. Well, they don't actually but I had best not post exactly what I think of her and her friends.

I caught a whiff of a BBQ today so hope it was for the householders only.
It's been lovely here the last couple of days and I'd have loved to have a BBQ (only us) but it seemed bad taste really when some people are struggling in hospital so we just had a sneaky G&T instead. People here are sticking to the rules but we're all still walking our dogs.

CC

where I live is very high density even for London and most people have dogs and children and live in flats. People are keeping their distance when they go out for thier excersize breaks, some wear masks some don't but there is a genuine feeling of pulling together so far anyway. Its nice that people are saying hello and smiling and being neighbourly and kind. Very important for those that live alone or are elderly. That smile can make a difference!

where I live is very high density even for London and most people have dogs and children and live in flats. People are keeping their distance when they go out for thier excersize breaks, some wear masks some don't but there is a genuine feeling of pulling together so far anyway. Its nice that people are saying hello and smiling and being neighbourly and kind. Very important for those that live alone or are elderly. That smile can make a difference!
It is pretty good in my part of London as well, boffy, except for today in Waitrose where many seemed to have no concept of two metres. One chap came and stood right behind me instead of letting me get my item and move away first. It wasn't even the loo roll section! I muttered "two metres, idiot" and stomped off.

One bus had had the seats near the driver taped off, although you still had to use the touch pad at the front. The one going to the DHS had nothing, but the layout was different and I think the nearest seat is 2m away.

They're damned either way. The other option involves putting all their staff on furlough and the taxpayer paying their 80% salary (or £2,500/month).

I'm a culprit: I've ordered quite a few plants recently (not from Q) and my Hermes courier (from a safe distance) tells me he's run off his feet with orders. But gardening is my exercise and psychotherapy and I'm all set for the Easter hols and beyond.

Last edited:
I have no love for Q and their antiquated systems but the constant posts about not being able to get through on the phone, late deliveries are unbelievable. It is a month since this started and anyone buying without the knowledge that they might not receive the item on time or at all is living in a fool’s paradise. Under normal circumstances it takes them 72 hours to read an email, longer when there is a promotion running so how the heck are they going to answer anything now . Even the most efficient places are running at snail pace so what hope has Q. Even Amazon states that they are prioritising orders.

There was a comment that Ali K should not be at work because she's in a high risk group. Someone responded saying she knew what she was doing, that person's right because her treatment for cancer ended over eight years ago & she's at no greater risk than those who haven't been through that ordeal. Her radiotherapy treatment burnt one of her lungs & some of her ribs so if she gets a chest infection she cam become really ill.
I got the high risk letter but it also says it is up to me if I take the advice.
I choose to take it because I am still having ongoing antibody therapy .
Ali may be far enough from her chemo quite a few years I think for her immune system to have recovered fully.

Neighbours who never normally do much outside work are out everyday so our area should like new pins soon.

one house where the weeds are usually at the windowsills are both still working (NOT key workers by any stretch of imagination) so no chance of boredom bring them out although with the holiday weekend there is a slight possibility but I’m not holding my breath.

I was relieved to read that Claire Sutton managed to 'find' some hand cream in her secret stash to soothe her sore hands after she'd washed the chandeliers & hot tubs. She also managed to find the time to go into her gypsy caravan to do an online Compassion Practice... Meanwhile in the real world people are dying. Others are trapped in abusive situations, struggling financially & worried sick about what's happening, rain forests are still being cut down, the oceans are full of plastic & animals & children are facing abhorrent cruelty.

I was relieved to read that Claire Sutton managed to 'find' some hand cream in her secret stash to soothe her sore hands after she'd washed the chandeliers & hot tubs. She also managed to find the time to go into her gypsy caravan to do an online Compassion Practice... Meanwhile in the real world people are dying. Others are trapped in abusive situations, struggling financially & worried sick about what's happening, rain forests are still being cut down, the oceans are full of plastic & animals & children are facing abhorrent cruelty.

Phew! she found her hand cream?! I can finally get some sleep tonight now. Baby Claire is yet another QVC presenter who loves nothing more than to be envied by people, the thing is the majority find such gloating crass at the best of times when a lot of people have nothing, but when people are struggling to survive in every way possible, it’s even lower than crass.

I'm beginning to get dermatitis from all the handwashing. Hand cream can be a minefield. At present the plain unscented stuff is all my skin can bear.
I love washing my hands, however, I'm not washing my hands any more than I usually do: after the loo, before preparing food, before eating, after gardening & when I come home after shopping or going for a walk. All our soap comes from Bloomtown & it doesn't contain SLS & doesn't dry out my skin. My husband thinks Working Hands is amazing & I use calendula cream.

I love washing my hands, however, I'm not washing my hands any more than I usually do: after the loo, before preparing food, before eating, after gardening & when I come home after shopping or going for a walk. All our soap comes from Bloomtown & it doesn't contain SLS & doesn't dry out my skin. My husband thinks Working Hands is amazing & I use calendula cream.

I used to love Working Hands until I became allergic to it. But it was fantastic while I could use it.

Latest posts

Back