Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My sister in law was given a gift card bought from the post office a couple of years ago and didn’t use it for some months. When we checked the serial no on—line we saw they’d charged her a monthly fee because she hadn’t started to use it within a certain time.

This is in the t & c’s. I’ve not checked any other types of gift card but our family won’t buy them again for this reason (plus of course the risk of the store going bust).

I can't remember the last time I bought any Eek & as I'm no longer a customer I can't look online. However, reading these comments made me curious so I've just spent 10 minutes with a magnifying glass looking at my rings, all the three silver ones are all stamped cz & I know that I bought the first one in 2011. I'd forgotten how much I liked the original 14ct gold ones & they still look really good, just a shame I no longer like yellow metals.

Someone in a Facebook group posted a link to Estee Lauder closing15 units in UK stores, they do not have any stand-alone stores.

I was thinking is this the reason they suddenly decided to start selling on QVC UK?

That is a lot of staff who will be losing their jobs.

Boots in Belfast City Centre have finally done a revamp of the beauty counters so as well as the usual EL, Chanel, Dior, YSL, Clarins, Benefit, Fenty, Elizabeth Arden, No 7, Liz Earle, Bare Minerals and Clinique. We now have full MAC, IT Cosmetics, Huda Beauty, Urban Decay have now returned, Vegan Beauty and a beauty brand area of some other brands. I didn't have time to check the upgraded skincare ranges.

Let's say I was actually shocked but it was brilliant to see.

I only look at the QVC FB page as a guest, but I don’t think people read the posts at all. Yesterday someone asked if there was an Elemis TSV coming up and was told it was on 8th November. (Another day I won’t bother watching.)

Four posts later, when the other post was still visible on the page, ..... “Any Elemis shows coming up in the near future please?”

I know she probably meant an Elemis show rather than a TSV but really? Scroll down the page, dear. 🙄

There are some very dim people out there. My friend always says we're breeding stupid these days.

An awful lot of them are on social media but reviews are the things that really get me shouting at my computer.

The classic 'I haven't used it yet but it looks good' really has me rolling my eyes.

I despair at complaints about items that people haven't had the common sense to even briefly Google or moans about something not working properly when common sense hasn't been applied.

If the poster had bothered looking up Diamonique she wouldn't be making such a tit of herself. I wonder what her 'friends' think when they see her posts (assuming they can - I'm calling others dim but haven't bothered looking at how Facebook etc., works!)?

The reviews which gets on my chesticles is “it was a perfect fit” without any indication of their size or body shape, whereas the ones who say I’m a 14 on top and a 16 on bottom and found because of the shape I needed xyz are a worthwhile review . Again “it was too short/too long” without giving any indication of their height or leg length.

D heads the lot

Strictly returned last night :love: and as per usual on forums people typing away as they watch. Then I hope more people join us next week. I had to reply saying I cannot watch and type I prefer to actually pay attention to the dances!

Its seems to be the same watching dramas, the usual I cannot follow it! No, because you are so busy typing and not paying attention to the story! Miffs me off.

Strictly returned last night :love: and as per usual on forums people typing away as they watch. Then I hope more people join us next week. I had to reply saying I cannot watch and type I prefer to actually pay attention to the dances!

Its seems to be the same watching dramas, the usual I cannot follow it! No, because you are so busy typing and not paying attention to the story! Miffs me off.
At least we won’t have the hootering and hollering by the audience at the slightest thing. It used to bug me when during the results show and someone was singing a meaningful song as soon as the dancing couple appeared the shouting/clapping/whistles from the audience spoilt the whole atmosphere.

Who are you rooting for Donna?

Latest posts

Back