Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Max for me too - seems very nervous and not mouthy hopefully will turn out as good as Jay.

Bill should be ok for a while but needs to get rid of that belly!

Was interested in Caroline Quinton until she started with the bliddy crying.

I just wish Nichola would stop with the boxing moves and whilst JJ is to be admired I want him to go forward as someone learning to dance not getting the sympathy vote because he is a veteran. They do that with the sportspeople even when it was 10 years ago they received their medal - just dance and well judge you on that.

The mouthy ones don’t do anything for me even if they are good .

ive never understood when they have months of notice that they are participating they don’t try to get a bit fitter. Even a couple of the pros are carrying a bit of lockdown lard but they will lose that quickly. Why after more than a dozen series does the amount of effort involved come as such a surprise.

Max for me too - seems very nervous and not mouthy hopefully will turn out as good as Jay.

Bill should be ok for a while but needs to get rid of that belly!

Was interested in Caroline Quinton until she started with the bliddy crying.

I just wish Nichola would stop with the boxing moves and whilst JJ is to be admired I want him to go forward as someone learning to dance not getting the sympathy vote because he is a veteran. They do that with the sportspeople even when it was 10 years ago they received their medal - just dance and well judge you on that.

The mouthy ones don’t do anything for me even if they are good .

ive never understood when they have months of notice that they are participating they don’t try to get a bit fitter. Even a couple of the pros are carrying a bit of lockdown lard but they will lose that quickly. Why after more than a dozen series does the amount of effort involved come as such a surprise.
I've obviously got my broomstick out early this 🐈‍⬛🍂October🦇 because I have to say that I can't believe how old she looks. She was 60 in the summer but appears so much older.

I record it so I can do the same ..... fast forward through the practice bits and general waffling and only watch the dances and the judges‘ comments.
Me too! I can’t abide it, especially when they have the more stupid films. I don’t mind actual practice room stuff, but when they decide to be humorous (someone should really have a word with Anton, he is not remotely funny) or bring in the family I can’t watch. I think I like most of the dancers this year although I do wonder if perhaps Ranvir has a bit of side to her! I didn’t think Caroline looked old for 60 myself.

I actually enjoyed the debut show for once because it was largely audience free. Professional dancers can do more than two steps before the audience become hysterical. The guest singer isn’t completely drowned out every time there is a lift!

For me the atmosphere this year is much more homely, going back to its early years. Long may it continue.

At least we won’t have the hootering and hollering by the audience at the slightest thing. It used to bug me when during the results show and someone was singing a meaningful song as soon as the dancing couple appeared the shouting/clapping/whistles from the audience spoilt the whole atmosphere.

Who are you rooting for Donna?

I like Caroline but she seemed a bit of a drama school when up with Claudia tears all round.

I was really surprised at Harvey but want to see him in the ballroom.

Jason seems a lovely man and JJ.

Tess keeps her job as she just gets on with it, unlike old Bruce who made it all about him.

I didn’t know that Jason was with Nadine Coyle! Still I suppose we shouldn’t hold that against him as long as she isn’t dragged in to the studio/ video clips. I didn’t realise that they were allowed to go home,- I thought the pairs were in a bubble.

As soon as the crying/dying grannies and the cutsie kids are rolled out that’s them finished for me. Amazing how this happens when they are not getting the popular vote.

The reviews which gets on my chesticles is “it was a perfect fit” without any indication of their size or body shape, whereas the ones who say I’m a 14 on top and a 16 on bottom and found because of the shape I needed xyz are a worthwhile review . Again “it was too short/too long” without giving any indication of their height or leg length.

D heads the lot

Damn! I forgot about those. I get really annoyed reading them as it's such a waste of time.

Thank God for this forum - I thought I was the only one whose eyes roll at the drama queens and cuteness on Strictly. Children are just mini-me's - cute when they're good, little Xs when they're not - just like their attention-seeking and overpaid parents, so please don't expect me to drool over every one of them because of who their parents are.

I can’t watch that type of entertainment/reality TV, the only one I’ve ever watched is Big Brother, I used to love Big Brother 👏👏👏 😃

Good job we’ve got Sky, Netflix and Prime on the upstairs telly in the bedroom, phew! So the husband can watch his Get Me Out, The Voice and his all time favourite Goggle Box 🥰❤️😃

I didn’t know that Jason was with Nadine Coyle! Still I suppose we shouldn’t hold that against him as long as she isn’t dragged in to the studio/ video clips. I didn’t realise that they were allowed to go home,- I thought the pairs were in a bubble.

As soon as the crying/dying grannies and the cutsie kids are rolled out that’s them finished for me. Amazing how this happens when they are not getting the popular vote.
I knew they had a daughter together but had finally split for good last year

There was so much confusion about the Strictly bubbles no doubt the tabloids rubbing their hands at the idea of the celeb and pro having to live together. Who is going to break up with their wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend and give them headlines?

But no, celeb allowed home with their family bubble and the pro is living alone.

I don’t get these Bubbles and I am talking generally here.I live alone and if I was in a bubble with someone else ( my bubble seems to have burst!) and that
person/s are out and about mixing with all and sundry both at home and way are they not more in a position to bring Covid infection to me? Please feel free to enlighten me if I am missing a point!

I think there are different types of bubbles. A whole load of professional dancers and TV people living together in a hotel is one. Quite how the Strictly bubbles for the celebs and their dancers work I don’t know although they have said Janette and Alijaz cannot live together. Don’t know about the other dancers with partners. I am in a support bubble with my neighbours, primarily so we can drink of course!!!! No, they have been helping me whilst incapacitated so we count as one household and they can come in and do stuff. But we are socially distanced inside. But yes, if one of them got it I would have to self isolate I believe.

I don’t get these Bubbles and I am talking generally here.I live alone and if I was in a bubble with someone else ( my bubble seems to have burst!) and that
person/s are out and about mixing with all and sundry both at home and way are they not more in a position to bring Covid infection to me? Please feel free to enlighten me if I am missing a point!
I found this:
A bubble is defined as a group of people with whom you have close physical contact.
In England, single adults living alone - or single parents whose children are under 18 - can form a support bubble with one other household.
The second household can be of any size and can include "at risk" people who were previously shielding.
Wherever possible, the government recommends that a support bubble should be with another local household to avoid unnecessary travel.

However, I thought the rule of snitch, sorry six, in England meant that as well as the bubble, if you qualify to be in one, a number of people could be inside your home as long as the maximum number was 6, obviously this would be affected by tiers, local lockdowns & all other restrictions. We're a household of 2 so I imagine that we could have 4 extra people come into our home, they don't have to be from another household or even know each other, they could stay for 5 minutes & then be replaced by another 4 & each person could then go & join other groups of different numbers & go to see others. Barking mad.

I think there are different types of bubbles. A whole load of professional dancers and TV people living together in a hotel is one. Quite how the Strictly bubbles for the celebs and their dancers work I don’t know although they have said Janette and Alijaz cannot live together. Don’t know about the other dancers with partners. I am in a support bubble with my neighbours, primarily so we can drink of course!!!! No, they have been helping me whilst incapacitated so we count as one household and they can come in and do stuff. But we are socially distanced inside. But yes, if one of them got it I would have to self isolate I believe.
I love bubbles & before the world went mad we went to see Louis Pearl The Amazing Bubble Man with our slightly snooty daughter, SiL & their children. This man entertained adults & children with his technical knowledge & magical displays - bubbles within bubbles. I really object to these sodding politicians & their SAGE puppet masters appropriating the word bubble.

But, and I don’t want to keep this going! if I was in a bubble with a single person who was going out very little or not at all and I was mixing in pubs, restaurants going away to other areas, even when travel was not advised, would I not pose a threat of bringing infection to my bubble fellow?

But, and I don’t want to keep this going! if I was in a bubble with a single person who was going out very little or not at all and I was mixing in pubs, restaurants going away to other areas, even when travel was not advised, would I not pose a threat of bringing infection to my bubble fellow?
Yes, & you would both have to look at the risks & decide if seeing each other was worthwhile. If someone was a party animal, well as much as current diktats allow, would he/she be in a bubble with someone who was staying away from people?

Latest posts

Back