Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Folks stand away from the keyboard! A work colleague has tested positive!

It’s all very well when no one has it to say we have taken xyz measures but when you find someone you sit back to back with is positive you start to wonder just how SD you were in a busy office last week!

I hope you don't have it. Apart from Trump (who I don't really know), everyone I've known that's had it has had a rough ride. None hospitalised, thankfully, but nine days of feeling rough I wouldn't wish on anyone (well, maybe my ex!).

My friends that have had it are starting to get worried they'll get it again now.

Hoping you are OK, will you have to isolate? Wishing Mr L too a speedy recovery.Difficult times I live by the rules and although I am in a Tier 3 lockdown area know of someone who took off to a Tier 1 place for a little break! Surely we have a responsibility to consider how our actions may affect others?xx

A lot of hospital ICU wards are now filling up quickly and I know of one hospital that is having to defer operations again because the staff are busy caring for the Covid patients.

I think that it’s now time to open up the Nightingale hospitals, that they spent millions on setting up and didn’t use, and treated Covid patients there thus releasing “normal” hospitals for the treatment of other illnesses or for operations.

A lot of hospital ICU wards are now filling up quickly and I know of one hospital that is having to defer operations again because the staff are busy caring for the Covid patients.

I think that it’s now time to open up the Nightingale hospitals, that they spent millions on setting up and didn’t use, and treated Covid patients there thus releasing “normal” hospitals for the treatment of other illnesses or for operations.
Apparently there aren't enough staff.

When Mr L was inA.&E his BP was dangerously high despite being on BP tablets for years and all the time he was in hospital they battled to bring in down.

Phoned doctor yesterday to ask for appointment with nurse to check BP and also to check his wound (after all I don’t have a medical qualification so how do I know it’s ok).

Locum doctor phoned back - no appointment- BUY your own machine and monitor it for 2 weeks - phone the Royal and ASK about wound!

What would happen if you either couldn’t afford a BP machine or wasn’t able to use it and what the heck was a receptionist 40 miles away going to do over the phone?

If you turn on your TV and see a pensioner holding health centre staff hostage you know who it is!

Well, years of watch Holby City I used to go around to friends and we watched it. We did guess the aliment before the doctors did. So I believe I am well qualified to cover if need be.😷🤒🤨

But seriously I have actually told friends what is wrong with them and they go to the doctor and come back and tell me I was right.

When Mr L was inA.&E his BP was dangerously high despite being on BP tablets for years and all the time he was in hospital they battled to bring in down.

Phoned doctor yesterday to ask for appointment with nurse to check BP and also to check his wound (after all I don’t have a medical qualification so how do I know it’s ok).

Locum doctor phoned back - no appointment- BUY your own machine and monitor it for 2 weeks - phone the Royal and ASK about wound!

What would happen if you either couldn’t afford a BP machine or wasn’t able to use it and what the heck was a receptionist 40 miles away going to do over the phone?

If you turn on your TV and see a pensioner holding health centre staff hostage you know who it is!
Appalling, this attitude has stuff all to do with the current situation it's a service that's not fit for purpose & has been like this for some time. My sister battled these petty-fogging people for years during her husband's illness & the PALS case must have been huge.

Apparently there aren't enough staff.

To be honest, I doubt that although I assume that hospitals were usually short staffed before this pandemic. Staff who are currently in the ICU wards could transfer to the Nightingale hospitals, together with other hospital staff or agency staff. They were due to do that during the first wave so there were supposedly enough staff then. My friend has had to visit A&E twice in the past month, with an elderly neighbour, and the place was deserted so where were all the staff who aren’t working in ICU?

Or maybe, the GPs, who seem to be sitting around doing very little at the moment, judging from what I’ve read, could be sent into hospitals to help out with general illnesses because all of them will have trained as doctors before going into general practice. It would beat sitting in an empty surgery making the occasional phone call to patients in need.

And before anyone thinks that I’m criticising the NHS, I’m definitely not because dad was a leading consultant physician and mum was a nursing sister, both in the NHS. I guess the problem lies with the management of the hospitals - definitely not the doctors and nurses.

To be honest, I doubt that although I assume that hospitals were usually short staffed before this pandemic. Staff who are currently in the ICU wards could transfer to the Nightingale hospitals, together with other hospital staff or agency staff. They were due to do that during the first wave so there were supposedly enough staff then. My friend has had to visit A&E twice in the past month, with an elderly neighbour, and the place was deserted so where were all the staff who aren’t working in ICU?

Or maybe, the GPs, who seem to be sitting around doing very little at the moment, judging from what I’ve read, could be sent into hospitals to help out with general illnesses because all of them will have trained as doctors before going into general practice. It would beat sitting in an empty surgery making the occasional phone call to patients in need.

And before anyone thinks that I’m criticising the NHS, I’m definitely not because dad was a leading consultant physician and mum was a nursing sister, both in the NHS. I guess the problem lies with the management of the hospitals - definitely not the doctors and nurses.
I agree totally, hence 'apparently'! I have no problem criticising the well paid managers & executives.

Latest posts

Back