Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not sure, I know for a number of years I could not post as I made a comment about Butcher Basso. But I could still read their Facebook page but suddenly when I searched it never showed just the US version or all the private fan clubs.

I put in QVC UK official page and nothing ever came up.

Not sure, I know for a number of years I could not post as I made a comment about Butcher Basso. But I could still read their Facebook page but suddenly when I searched it never showed just the US version or all the private fan clubs.

I put in QVC UK official page and nothing ever came up.

Thank you, but I get a message this content is not available right now.

So I must be totally blocked now.:sneaky:(n)
The amount of comments they have to remove on there is hilarious. I don't think they do Facebook 'lives' anymore too. Probably because less than favourable messages were sent while Brenda Edwards was on air with Del boy once. Old Del boy was clearly flustered trying to filter through them and her friends & followers were sooo upset 🙄 ( not guilty your honour 😉)!

I miss the official QVC UK Facebook. Endless entertainment. Now just private groups which worship at the altar of QVC.
I miss you telling us all about it. Endless entertainment.

Have they banned you?
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I just tried the Facebook link and got on there no problem. I'm not joining though.

CC
You have to Candy. We need a rat mole.

You have to Candy. We need a rat mole.
And you have to be Mardy. Raise the fun (for me us)

Oops,was it something I said?🤣 Found out yesterday I've been blocked on X by Qvcuk. Oh,did I say something nasty about the two jackass 'tech guys' boo hoo😭
Great work!

Come and sit with me Missbabs, I am banned and blocked on Facebook and you on X. :eek: o_O:sneaky:
Brilliant work, Donna! :D

They do not like sensible free speech.
They do not like sensible (ie non-morons)

Indeed..... People, they are out there.

FB IS definitely an eye opener ..I saw the start of a flirtation on there that I had to walk away from ...the guilt of witnessing a chat ( they didn't realise I could see it ..had my suspicions but was shocked to see I was correct !) and having had his wife request friend with me was just too much ...I still feel terrible now ....and I read that solicitors are saying they are getting tons of work that involves divorces brought on because of FB affairs ....I utterly believe it's true ...I was so curious but I know I did the right thing and walked a way ...I cannot say 100% they were about to go further with more flirty chat but I didn't want to get any deeper than I was ...and that was just one chat between them..nothing rude ..but lots of compliments and big kisses from the single woman to the married man....never ever been in that situation before ...ugh ...feel terrible for his wife ..just hope if fizzles out ...yes it is a big eye opener for all sorts of reasons ..it's not for me ..I love it here the best forum and always have ;0)
I haven't been on Facebook/Meta since about early 2017 I think. Blasted thing kept taking over my then smartphone. Beeping at me at literally all hours & displaying people's profile pics on my screen without notice. Often blocking what I was doing. And no matter how I tried at the time, I couldn't alter these settings. Only get rid of it off my phone, so I did. I've still got my profile/account on there but I never go on to it.

I thought I'd really miss it but I don't. I got fed up with a few who hamner it with every photo they can think of daily. Then there's the ones who suddenly turn into political experts lol & dictate all over who their FB/Meta mates must vote for. I wouldn't mind but most of the latter are as thick as two short planks.

And yep, I found an ex, who I was dating seriously at the time years ago, had been chatting up women on there. It was his enthusiasm for Facebook that got me curious & made me join. Then I saw who he'd befriended, Including very scantily clad young women barely over half his age.

Then, when we did split up, other women approached me saying he'd asked them on dates, while we were dating, via Facebook private messenger.

He was getting into the unfortunate frequent habit of heavy day drinking after work, which sometimes continued into the evening. I think his dating requests & flirtatious advances were made manly when he was drunk.

When we split up he declared he was going on a sugar daddy dating site, wanted to broaden his net, so to speak lol. I wouldn't mind but he was a rather plain, flabby, overweight man. I was attracted to him as I thought initially he was a charming person who loved me from our very early days of dating. He wasn't really in the sugar daddy wealth league haha, so I'm not sure what he was expecting from it.

He approached me several years later, begged for my forgiveness, told me he'd always loved me *ugggh* & for us to get back together. Absolutely no way. My life had moved on from those dark, very upsetting days & sleepless nights crying.

if in any doubt about an other half's online activity, my strong advice is to always check it out as much as you possibly, legally & reasonably can. An old friend of mine found out that her fiancé was sneaking off to date other women from dating sites. I know of more heartbreaking cases too.

Facebook/Meta I'd imagine could be a hotbed, pardon the pun, for where infidelity starts. Perfect place for people to live out their fantasies 24/7, and get a vastly over inflated opinion of themselves.

A few of my friends & me joined Twitter, now X. We found it so much better & more wholesome. It's not perfect by any means & there are occasional creeps on there. But you can block them easily. I've made new friends on X too. I think because people follow each other on there who have similar interests, humour etc.

Last edited:
I`m on the QVC facebook group which I thought was the official QVC page but it turned out not to be. I generally browse it but rarely comment and much of it is backside kissing the presenters or the group admin. I`ve only recently joined but it appears there is a love/hate relationship with and by the admin who like to chuck their clout about. It reminds me of my old Sunday school days as a child when our Sunday school teacher Miss Brown insisted we sit down, shut up, don`t pick your nose or hoist your knickers up in public and don`t argue with her because she was much older and nearer to God. The admin on the facebook page remind me very much of her but they aren`t nearer to God just nose first up the presenters rear ends which is about as near as they can get without being stuck!

I haven't been on Facebook/Meta since about early 2017 I think. Blasted thing kept taking over my then smartphone. Beeping at me at literally all hours & displaying people's profile pics on my screen without notice. Often blocking what I was doing. And no matter how I tried at the time, I couldn't alter these settings. Only get rid of it off my phone, so I did. I've still got my profile/account on there but I never go on to it.

I thought I'd really miss it but I don't. I got fed up with a few who hamner it with every photo they can think of daily. Then there's the ones who suddenly turn into political experts lol & dictate all over who their FB/Meta mates must vote for. I wouldn't mind but most of the latter are as thick as two short planks.

And yep, I found an ex, who I was dating seriously at the time years ago, had been chatting up women on there. It was his enthusiasm for Facebook that got me curious & made me join. Then I saw who he'd befriended, Including very scantily clad young women barely over half his age.

Then, when we did split up, other women approached me saying he'd asked them on dates, while we were dating, via Facebook private messenger.

He was getting into the unfortunate frequent habit of heavy day drinking after work, which sometimes continued into the evening. I think his dating requests & flirtatious advances were made manly when he was drunk.

When we split up he declared he was going on a sugar daddy dating site, wanted to broaden his net, so to speak lol. I wouldn't mind but he was a rather plain, flabby, overweight man. I was attracted to him as I thought initially he was a charming person who loved me from our very early days of dating. He wasn't really in the sugar daddy wealth league haha, so I'm not sure what he was expecting from it.

He approached me several years later, begged for my forgiveness, told me he'd always loved me *ugggh* & for us to get back together. Absolutely no way. My life had moved on from those dark, very upsetting days & sleepless nights crying.

if in any doubt about an other half's online activity, my strong advice is to always check it out as much as you possibly, legally & reasonably can. An old friend of mine found out that her fiancé was sneaking off to date other women from dating sites. I know of more heartbreaking cases too.

Facebook/Meta I'd imagine could be a hotbed, pardon the pun, for where infidelity starts. Perfect place for people to live out their fantasies 24/7, and get a vastly over inflated opinion of themselves.

A few of my friends & me joined Twitter, now X. We found it so much better & more wholesome. It's not perfect by any means & there are occasional creeps on there. But you can block them easily. I've made new friends on X too. I think because people follow each other on there who have similar interests, humour etc.
Sorry to hear that.. what a shock and good for you for moving forward … ❤️ my dear dog was called Pebbles and I had a dream very vivid about her last night

Yeah it’s nice to find a trustworthy group of people … 🫶

The problem with most facebook groups is they are so false. Unlike this forum where a spade is a spade and we are lucky in that respect. The QVC facebook group is one of the most miserable groups I`ve ever read. No fun, no laughter, the admin are dictatorial, many members are so mardy and take offence at the drop of a hat and heaven forbid anybody says negative about a presenter cos you could be sent to the gallows.
I can feel it in my water that one day soon I will be tempted to open my gob and be sent into exile and booted off there just like I was booted off the original official QVC facebook group. For now I am watching, waiting and storing ammunition cos if I intend to put a cat amongst the pigeons I want it to be a damned big cat !

Latest posts

Back