Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The one that got me was a lady posting a picture of herself getting a hug from a relative, after a post that simply says, "YANKEE CANDLES" - why?

I wondered about that too but assumed it was in response from a presenter asking for pics vaguely related to some draft twaddle they were spouting, like, "let us have a picture of someone you love who loves YC" or some such rubbish.

If not that then there are a load of meaningless posts

What annoys me are those people who thank QVC when they get a delivery within 3 days or a refund within a week. That`s what most companies do as a matter of course, not as a rarity and I`d be blowed if I`d pay their ridiculously high p and p and then thank them for getting something to me within a week. At their delivery prices we should be getting next day delivery, not to mention fast refunds.
I wonder if they thank the Royal Mail every time they get a letter? Sad tw@ts, can I say sad?:mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
Funny thread and have to agree with most comments!

Same people, posting same posts, with same comments! There'S a so called blogger who posts everything QVC related but surely if you're a so called Beauty Blogger you should be varying your posts! As someone said, people do see through them and don't take them seriously, no credibility etc etc etc!!! :mysmilie_50:

Funny thread and have to agree with most comments!

Same people, posting same posts, with same comments! There'S a so called blogger who posts everything QVC related but surely if you're a so called Beauty Blogger you should be varying your posts! As someone said, people do see through them and don't take them seriously, no credibility etc etc etc!!! :mysmilie_50:

I totally agree, you've got more chance of winning the Euro Lottery ten times in a row than finding a QVC employee that will admit to not loving/not using/not being able to live without something.

My granny had a thing for reading the death notices in the local paper every night.

I sort think this is my version of that! :mysmilie_11: Or is it the problem pages of the papers, why do people have the urge to tell strangers stuff about their private lives with photos?

In the old days people went to public hangings, now we read QVC Facebook

My granny had a thing for reading the death notices in the local paper every night.

I sort think this is my version of that! :mysmilie_11: Or is it the problem pages of the papers, why do people have the urge to tell strangers stuff about their private lives with photos?

In the old days people went to public hangings, now we read QVC Facebook

Just a quick point of the day, in regards to the paper's obituary column, isn't it odd how people all die in alphabetical order!:mysmilie_17:
Have a great bonfire weekend people! :mysmilie_59:

I'm not on any social media sites and have no intention of ever joining any. Whilst I can fully understand its use for keeping in contact with friends and family or for information about a company's products, I cannot comprehend why some people need to use it to brown nose ordinary people who just happen to be TV presenters and whom they class as 'celebrities.' I hadn't heard of any of them until I found QVC and so they're not famous, in the true sense of the word.

As many of you know (from some of my posts) I think that the use of Twitter during shows, by some presenters who need their 'fan base' to feel popular, should be stopped. The majority of people don't want to know that Betty from Wherever thinks that someone looks wonderful, or how many Kipling handbags someone has got.

QVC is an online department store and I wonder how many of us would enjoy sales people tweeting and faddling about when we were waiting to be served in an actual store.

There's also the question of 'freedom of speech.' If QVC remove posts, where someone has expressed an opinion about goods, then that's not giving the customer 'a voice.' It's the same with their so-called independent reviews.

Social media does have a place in today's society, but only when it serves a useful purpose, in my opinion. And to be honest, I've far better things to do with my time than waste my life tweeting sycophantic messages to presenters or reading the whinges of some of the customers on FB.

One thing that also irritates me is that you have to hear the whole twitter handle of people rather than just Betty. So they always have to say At Super QVC Fan Betty or whatever it might be, rather than just a simple name.

Email and a couple of forums is as far as I go!

I sort think this is my version of that! :mysmilie_11:

Funny you should say that. I similarly look up the birth notices to check none of the babies are mine! :mysmilie_50:

And what about the ones who ask, plead, Q to bring a particular product or colour to Q and go pretty pretty please etc etc.

Pass the bucket!

That really makes me want to puke. That whingy pleading in writing format along with too many smiley f******faces and kissy kisses .I don't do that to people I'm familiar with.How they do it to totally faceless strangers is beyond me.

That really makes me want to puke. That whingy pleading in writing format along with too many smiley f******faces and kissy kisses .I don't do that to people I'm familiar with.How they do it to totally faceless strangers is beyond me.
Because, the QVC arsebook page is the natural home for the mentally infirm :mysmilie_520:

It's both annoying and amusing to read some of the creepa*** and ridiculous comments.Genuine people with a real question or valid complaint have my sympathy. Still,they may be better off using an alternative means to communicate.

It's both annoying and amusing to read some of the creepa*** and ridiculous comments.Genuine people with a real question or valid complaint have my sympathy. Still,they may be better off using an alternative means to communicate.
As Ive mentioned before, you can say what you like on Twitter as QVC can't delete your posts.. Even if they block you as long as you add the QVCUK handle to you posts it still appears. I've done this a few times and had replies to try and deflect. Won't work with me I'm afraid.

I see someone is persisting in asking how much BCC raised this year but naturally Q isn't answering.

The Q groupies haven't had the nerve to stick up for them (yet but probably will given enough opportunity)

I'm not on any social media sites and have no intention of ever joining any. Whilst I can fully understand its use for keeping in contact with friends and family or for information about a company's products, I cannot comprehend why some people need to use it to brown nose ordinary people who just happen to be TV presenters and whom they class as 'celebrities.' I hadn't heard of any of them until I found QVC and so they're not famous, in the true sense of the word.

As many of you know (from some of my posts) I think that the use of Twitter during shows, by some presenters who need their 'fan base' to feel popular, should be stopped. The majority of people don't want to know that Betty from Wherever thinks that someone looks wonderful, or how many Kipling handbags someone has got.

QVC is an online department store and I wonder how many of us would enjoy sales people tweeting and faddling about when we were waiting to be served in an actual store.

There's also the question of 'freedom of speech.' If QVC remove posts, where someone has expressed an opinion about goods, then that's not giving the customer 'a voice.' It's the same with their so-called independent reviews.

Social media does have a place in today's society, but only when it serves a useful purpose, in my opinion. And to be honest, I've far better things to do with my time than waste my life tweeting sycophantic messages to presenters or reading the whinges of some of the customers on FB.

Well said!

I loathe Facebook. I can't even understand it really between friends, unless it's only to a very select group and nobody else can access it. Some of it comes close to just showing off, or trying to keep up with others. I know a few people who do the constant photo-posting thing - in the garden having an ice-cream or dressed up to go out - and a handful of people in the circle feel the need to post comments like "Looking good" or "Have fun" in acknowledgement. I mean, if that's what they want to do with their time, fine, but it's really not for me. I'd much rather get together with friends and family and have a proper chat face-to-face, show each other photos that way. Anyway, I'm a bit paranoid about private things going on the internet - you just never know!

As for QVC's on-air use of SM ... not S&M .... god, no (*shudders at thought of some of the presenters in bondage gear*) ... they need to STOP! It's uninteresting, laughable, rude to guests and viewers and mostly just trumpet-blowing on the part of the presenters. I wish someone would insert their iPads sideways into their mouths or some other orifice.

Unfortunately the FB addict is also the Kipling/YC/CB addict so it is an ever ending circle. To make the sales targets the presenters play to the addicts as the easiest way to do that is by SM and it has the added bonus of feeding their egos.

Latest posts

Back