Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Think we agree here that they are all obsessed and feel the need to post drivel daily!

If it's for info about a product then this is different but some of it is incredible!

Some of these posts/fans/customer/bloggers are too busy telling Presenters how gorgeous looking instead of paying attention to the product!
Seriously bizarre stuff :mysmilie_47:

Back in the day QVC used to state that all their beauty ranges were cruelty free and so you could happily buy anything from them and know it hadn't been tested on animals. I note they don't state this on their shows any more (to Scout who talked earlier about the QVC FB pages banning her for discussing this!)

Lordy lord- just seen a photo posted of a birthday cake made in the shape of a L Geller makeup set.

Great looking cake but really???????

Back in the day QVC used to state that all their beauty ranges were cruelty free and so you could happily buy anything from them and know it hadn't been tested on animals. I note they don't state this on their shows any more (to Scout who talked earlier about the QVC FB pages banning her for discussing this!)

That was presumably before QVC launched in China... with savings by having same brands in multiple markets, no doubt the cruelty-free claim has been quietly abandoned. M&S have leaping bunny on their own beauty ranges, and while they don't insist on it for the brands they stock, they do insist on cruelty free. That's why the Margaret Dabbs range @ M&S contains no emu oil.

Changing the attitude to beauty products being cruelty free by making it easy for customers is a great approach, but they also need people to be aware there is another option, and what that entails... if they want to truly change the game.

Lordy lord- just seen a photo posted of a birthday cake made in the shape of a L Geller makeup set.

OMG!! Well, there's almost 20+ posts from an obsessed person about LG! Loves her, loves her makeup, loves her packaging etc etc! God, some people need to get out more! :mysmilie_8:

I must be turning into a grumpy old woman because when I see people posting photos of their newly arrived tsv and saying " got mine " or "look what the Hermes man brought me today", I always feel like typing SO WHAT ?
We all know what the tsv`s look like so why do people post photos of them, box and all ?
(PS scrap my first sentence because I AM a grumpy old woman ! )

That was presumably before QVC launched in China... with savings by having same brands in multiple markets, no doubt the cruelty-free claim has been quietly abandoned. M&S have leaping bunny on their own beauty ranges, and while they don't insist on it for the brands they stock, they do insist on cruelty free. That's why the Margaret Dabbs range @ M&S contains no emu oil.

Changing the attitude to beauty products being cruelty free by making it easy for customers is a great approach, but they also need people to be aware there is another option, and what that entails... if they want to truly change the game.

I love the way M&S have wether the product is cruelty free or not in their website, they get massive respect from me for that. They're not like QVC who don't mention it incase the lose a sale, and as we all know, a sale equals money.

OMG!! Well, there's almost 20+ posts from an obsessed person about LG! Loves her, loves her makeup, loves her packaging etc etc! God, some people need to get out more! :mysmilie_8:

Sad buggers! :mysmilie_15: they act like they get the stuff for free, it's like me going in Tescos and standing there at the till shouting "thank you Tescos!!" "thank you!!"

I wish Chloe would stop saying "It's a give away",no it ruddy well is not wether it's a TSV or on easy pay we will be coughing up for it.

I'm sure they must think their heroes will give a damn.

As for that bathroom with the brands purchased from .Q....so what?I have Tesco stuff in mine all paid for in one payment.

My downstairs loos are the cats' litter trays; L'Occi soap would be wasted on them, I've never got them to wash their paws and they tell me that soap tastes bad! :mysmilie_482:

Do you think all the sycophancy, high praise, gushing thanks and obsessive butt-crawling is in the hope of getting a free gift or voucher or something? I remember years ago, someone my mum knew used to write to companies to praise their products and often got a free pack or sample back. That's back in the days of polite letters, when you often got a personal response by post. And this person we knew certainly never enclosed photos of her cupboard full of the washing powder she was praising, or a photo of her shopping bag with the message "Look what I just bought - I am so lucky and so excited". She also didn't sign off her letter with kisses!

Social Media ... bleeeurgh!

My downstairs loos are the cats' litter trays; L'Occi soap would be wasted on them, I've never got them to wash their paws and they tell me that soap tastes bad! :mysmilie_482:

Aw, bless the puddycats. This reminds me (for some reason) of an eBay listing for a Yankee candle I saw once, where the seller said "This is not a pet-free home but we do not allow our cats to play with matches". It tickled me.

Do you think all the sycophancy, high praise, gushing thanks and obsessive butt-crawling is in the hope of getting a free gift or voucher or something? I remember years ago, someone my mum knew used to write to companies to praise their products and often got a free pack or sample back. That's back in the days of polite letters, when you often got a personal response by post. And this person we knew certainly never enclosed photos of her cupboard full of the washing powder she was praising, or a photo of her shopping bag with the message "Look what I just bought - I am so lucky and so excited". She also didn't sign off her letter with kisses!

Social Media ... bleeeurgh!

Yes, absolutely! You don't have to be a Uriah Heep though - with decent companies, they appreciate constructive negative feedback as well as welcoming compliments. How does a company know it's failing to meet customer expectations? How does a company identify avenues for improvement? How does a company engender loyalty? How does a company convey integrity? Yep - by listening to what customers have to say, good or bad, and by acting on it wherever it is feasible.

Sad buggers! :mysmilie_15: they act like they get the stuff for free, it's like me going in Tescos and standing there at the till shouting "thank you Tescos!!" "thank you!!"

OMG! She's now posting selfies with the said makeup! Hilarious by the lorry load :mysmilie_13:

It's probably Jill Franks. :mysmilie_17:

Ha ha!! :grin: Just burst out laughing at that comment, so true!

Latest posts

Back