Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good post today saying - stop treating it as a chat show and give us the facts about what we might buy. We can figure out where to wear stuff and don't want to hear about films, music and slebs. We've got Loose Women if we want that!

Good post today saying - stop treating it as a chat show and give us the facts about what we might buy. We can figure out where to wear stuff and don't want to hear about films, music and slebs. We've got Loose Women if we want that!

When I read that I wondered if the lady was one of our members and if not she might like it here

Can't be doing with the small chat that some presenters do nowadays!
If it's relevant to the product then ok but it's usually about their OH, Mum, some wedding, some film or some Writing whatever!

Just tell us facts and concentrate on the product in hand please! :mysmilie_10:

Can't be doing with the small chat that some presenters do nowadays!
If it's relevant to the product then ok but it's usually about their OH, Mum, some wedding, some film or some Writing whatever!

Just tell us facts and concentrate on the product in hand please! :mysmilie_10:

I agree. Just the other day Alison Keenan considered it appropriate to interrupt the BM guest to inform her and us that her niece Emily uses a particular shade of foundation. Totally irrelevant and who cares!

I wonder if it just me but even at work I can't be arsed listening about the minutiae of their kids/tea/granny from people I'm not particularly friendly with. You know those who work in the same office but would never ever be in your acquaintances of choice.

This is exactly how I feel about 99% presenters and BA

I wonder if it just me but even at work I can't be arsed listening about the minutiae of their kids/tea/granny from people I'm not particularly friendly with. You know those who work in the same office but would never ever be in your acquaintances of choice.

Totally agree .Chitchat from colleagues about little Jenny or Johnny's nits,potty training and/or Chickenpox,or whether rain is forecast for the weekend is irrelevant to me.As is the load of non- product related tosh spouted by the QVC presenters.

Last edited:

It's not just you. There really is nothing more boring than other people's children.

all i look at when im watching is the product & then look at the price & thats it so nothing else annoys me, but i know im on my own when it comes to that

But aren't you interested how the product works though before you part with your money? Don't know about you but when I used to shop with QVC, I found not having the Tv on mute solved that problem or just looking at the product and price, that was the days when a prenter flew solo though, and didn't have a guest presenter to chat inane chat to.

Someone on Q's FB page has posited that Lulu Guinness is going the same way as Leighton Denny and leaving QVC as there are lots of items in the clearance section - that would be interesting!

Well if she does go, a friend of mine swears by Lulu's own sale, both online and in store. She says the reductions are excellent.

Well if she does go, a friend of mine swears by Lulu's own sale, both online and in store. She says the reductions are excellent.

Your friend is 100% correct. I have never bought an LG bag from QVC because they have nothing (of size) below about £250 (and many are over £300), whereas in LG's own sales I've never paid more than £170. A couple of years ago, QVC were presenting a bag for £329 which I had just bought a few days before from LG in the sale for £165.

It's not just you. There really is nothing more boring than other people's children.

Or diets!

Or holidays!

I am just off to the hairdressers and I know "have you got a holiday booked" will be asked!

:mysmilie_17:

Can I add Fake Selfies to this list, sooooo boring!
Also the before and after shots! Please don't insult us - we know there are many Filters you are actually using!:mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458:! Silly silly people!

Latest posts

Back