Own up who was it.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I finally got a little (120ml) bottle of Zoflora from Poundland last week, having been looking when I remember since it was recommended on here. It says dilute 1:40. What do you Zoflora users do then, please? Do you make it up with water in a spray or other bottle to keep in the bathroom, say, and use ad hoc like any other disinfectant product? Or do you just make up small amounts at a time to use all at once? Any tips?

I finally got a little (120ml) bottle of Zoflora from Poundland last week, having been looking when I remember since it was recommended on here. It says dilute 1:40. What do you Zoflora users do then, please? Do you make it up with water in a spray or other bottle to keep in the bathroom, say, and use ad hoc like any other disinfectant product? Or do you just make up small amounts at a time to use all at once? Any tips?

I probably use too much. I use a capful in warm water and pour down the sink. At the moment I am using Linen Fresh at the moment.

I probably use too much. I use a capful in warm water and pour down the sink. At the moment I am using Linen Fresh at the moment.

Thanks. Sounds nice? I got Summer Bouquet. I went to the website and they do suggest you can use a little neat in the toilet and down plug-holes, which I will probably do. But I will make up a solution as well for other uses, which is why I'm interested in how others use it.

Some people seem to dilute and put in a spray bottle and spray when ironing clothes. Others put a little on the pad when steaming or washing floors. Do not put in iron ot

I too tend to use it neat down the sink or toilet.Also as I have a small spray bottle(100ml)this is useful to make up a dilution using approx 2-3 drops of disinfectant to water 100ml . It's a handy air freshener but best not sprayed onto furnishings.I like the Lavender and Spring flowers at the moment.

I use it to clean my kitchen sink. I use washing soda first, pour the powder version into the sink, pour a kettle of boiling water over so it dissolves and cleans the drain and pipes. Then I add a couple of capfuls of Zoflora to hot water and that goes down the plug hole.

I often use Bicarbonate of Soda powder and white vinegar as a drain cleaner/refresher (if you haven't used it before, be aware it will foam up, but this is OK). Leave for a while after pouring down drain and then follow up with a kettleful of boiling water.

I use it to clean my kitchen sink. I use washing soda first, pour the powder version into the sink, pour a kettle of boiling water over so it dissolves and cleans the drain and pipes. Then I add a couple of capfuls of Zoflora to hot water and that goes down the plug hole.

These posts jogged my memory - I hadn't noticed Zoflora in the shops for ages, and was pleased to hear it's still around somewhere. It's funny how products you automatically assume will always be there can suddenly disappear from the shelves.

Once a week I set my washing machine to a rinse and spin and put a cap full in the fabric softener drawer. It rinses out and disinfects the drum and then empties through the pump and outlet pipe and helps to stop any musty smells.
I also use it neat down the loo and plugholes.
I add a cap full to the water when I`m mopping the floors.
When I empty the swing bin I use it in the water to wash it out and then when I put a new liner in the bin I douse a piece of kitchen roll with neat Zoflora and place it in the bottom of the liner.
If I`m cleaning any surfaces which don`t have contact with food then I add it to the cleaning water and if anybody`s poorly with flu or suchlike, I don`t buy those expensive spray disinfectants they advertise on telly I use diluted Zoflora in a spray bottle.
I also use it diluted to spray fabric surfaces which can`t be washed, like Febreze but be careful not to over wet. When I change the bedding I lightly spray the mattress and pillows with it, then leave it a while before I put the clean bedding on. I also spray the curtains and cushion covers too.

I MUST get my paws on some Zoflora and employ some of these amazing tips, especially that last one re cleaning the washing machine - thanks Vienna!!!!!

Re: descaling the washing machine, I put a bottle of cheap malt vinegar (13 pence from Morrison’s) on the highest temperature wash and empty drum. I think that citric acid can be used too.

Re: descaling the washing machine, I put a bottle of cheap malt vinegar (13 pence from Morrison’s) on the highest temperature wash and empty drum. I think that citric acid can be used too.

Zoflora won`t de scale, it just freshens the drum, the pump and pipes etc but yes the white vinegar works a treat I agree.

Well, this is turning into the Zoflora Fan Club! Sorry to have hijacked the thread (although it has come out of a QVC product discussion). I haven't got round to using mine yet as I'm using up a couple of bottles which are very close to empty so I want rid and will re-use one with the Zoflora.

I agree. Thanks from me too Vienna - it's always good to hear other people's tips (by the way, you can also use white vinegar in the rinse and spin washing machine cycle, to disinfect the drum and pipes and it helps prevent limescale settling). Oops, sorry, others got there before me about the white vinegar tip....)
I MUST get my paws on some Zoflora and employ some of these amazing tips, especially that last one re cleaning the washing machine - thanks Vienna!!!!!

Last edited:
Alan you made me laugh out loud this morning...I always wanted to send for stuff advertised in the back of comics but wasn't allowed to! Did it work? QVC (for me) started as a shop window for gimmicky gadgets akin to these mail-order gizmos - like the plastic tub with beads in it that converted a bar of Camay into liquid soap (a speeded-up process along the lines of leaving a bar in a water-logged soap dish for a month!).

In case anyone doesn't know about the rear-view gadgets you can read about them HERE

:mysmilie_17:

Mine are like this, and don't really work.

SeeBackroScope img168.jpg

Latest posts

Back