Own up who was it.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought lots of things from Ellisdons, as I have always been gadget mad, and everything that I could actually aford to buy was disappointing.

For example, I remember luminous paint that was hardly visible in the dark.

You've got me thinking now about what else I bought with my pocket money.

Just remembered, another was the VENTRILO that you put in your mouth and would enable you to "throw your voice".

It was actually the thing that made Mr Punch have his distinctive voice, nothing to do with throwing your voice at all.

But it came with a leaflet telling you how to become a ventriloquist ie how to talk without moving your mouth.

But the whole thing was a complete con. If you looked at the advert carefully, you could see how they just about kept within the law. Still a con though, because the advert showed your voice appearing to come from the other side of the room, even a professional vent can't do that.

I think it would be quite insulting to get this for anyone. It's a stupid product with a stupid name.

That's it, reading this thread has made me realise that my housekeeping skills are badly lacking.
Tomorrow I'm off to buy Zoflora and white vinegar and will attempt to step up to the mark ... Vienna style.

I wonder if the Poo-Pourri has replaced the ever quirky named "It happens" were the "it" is obviously sh(it)....oh how hilarious, almost hilarious as giving someone this as a "gift" as you all laugh around the dining table as the receivers of said "gift" can use it when the sprouts have kicked in.

I would never give this as a Christmas present, I mean, how would you ever explain the reason why?

"I gave you this, Aunt Gladys, cos your house smells like poo and pee..."

Latest posts

Back