Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Lisa Riley’s Back and Better Than Ever With Her Brand New Autumn Clothing Line, Exclusively at Ideal World

We’re excited to announce that TV favourite and Loose Women panellist Lisa Riley is returning to Ideal World with style to unveil her brand new autumn clothing line.

After winning multiple plus size awards, Lisa decided to launch her own clothing label ‘Just Be You’ exclusively with Ideal World to overcome the disappointment in styles previously offered to her. After sharing her amazing weight loss journey with the nation, Lisa created her collection of clothing and garments to make you feel “confident, sexy and beautiful.”

The TV favourite says “Of all my collections with Ideal World, this is by far my ultimate favourite. I feel the fabrics, colours and the unique “me” style comes across 100%. It is fashion for everyone. I hope you love it as much as I do!”

Read More

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Return of Adina, making no sense whatsoever

Presenter Adina has returned from maternity leave, and whilst I wish her and her family well, I watched a bit of her show tonight, and had to switch over. She's just the same as before, half-words, half-sentences, not making herself clear, lots of 'er's' and 'umm's', long pauses between comments. I just do not know how she still has a job - I know she's easy on the eye (on Halloween night, I thought "don't cough, luv, or everything will come out") "and that may appeal to some, but if you want information (preferably accurate), she's a dead loss. She's also got a terrible habit of repeating herself excessively for example not just saying "it's truly, truly great", but "it's truly, truly, truly great". It's not as though she's new - she's been on Gemporia for donkey's years, and ought to have her presenting style off-pat by now, but the mistakes she makes "it's in white gold - no it's in yellow gold", and her dithery presentation IMO highlights the fact that she doesn't have good knowledge of the products she's selling. The pity of it is that another stand-in presenter has probably had their hours cut or has not had a contract renewed now she's back. I cannot think of another presenter who comes across as amateurishly as Adina does.

› See More: Return of Adina, making no sense whatsoever
      Likes Anna , MariGold , dtb123, shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      Presenter Adina has returned from maternity leave, and whilst I wish her and her family well, I watched a bit of her show tonight, and had to switch over. She's just the same as before, half-words, half-sentences, not making herself clear, lots of 'er's' and 'umm's', long pauses between comments. I just do not know how she still has a job - I know she's easy on the eye (on Halloween night, I thought "don't cough, luv, or everything will come out") "and that may appeal to some, but if you want information (preferably accurate), she's a dead loss. She's also got a terrible habit of repeating herself excessively for example not just saying "it's truly, truly great", but "it's truly, truly, truly great". It's not as though she's new - she's been on Gemporia for donkey's years, and ought to have her presenting style off-pat by now, but the mistakes she makes "it's in white gold - no it's in yellow gold", and her dithery presentation IMO highlights the fact that she doesn't have good knowledge of the products she's selling. The pity of it is that another stand-in presenter has probably had their hours cut or has not had a contract renewed now she's back. I cannot think of another presenter who comes across as amateurishly as Adina does.
      I thought exactly the same when I saw her last night. I suppose they had to give her her job back due to maternity rights. Even so they could have put her behind the scenes. Mind you there are not many presenters I can listen to for any length of time. They really go for the hard sell. I used to like Kate McCarthy but Ive gone off her now as she is beginning to sound desperate.
      Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
      Likes Anna , MariGold , dtb123 liked this post

3.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

She makes me think of Kathy Taylor on QVC with less clothes. Mumbles and stumbles her words.

Perhaps she has dirt on Steve and his wife? Hence she gets to stay.
      Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
      Likes Anna , dtb123 liked this post

DONNA

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I hardly ever watch Gemporia now, so I haven't seen her since her return from maternity leave, but I do seem to recall seeing a feature or documentary on Gems and as soon as she (and Victoria Norris) came on there was a huge spike in sales.
      Likes dtb123, historymystery liked this post

7.    Price Crash

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still laughing at this! In a nutshell, donna255. Thank goodness Kathy hasn't resorted to 'barely there' clothing like Adina - it's bad enough having your eye poked out in the evenings, without daytimes too!

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
      She makes me think of Kathy Taylor on QVC with less clothes. Mumbles and stumbles her words.

Perhaps she has dirt on Steve and his wife? Hence she gets to stay.
      Likes dtb123 liked this post

9.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jacqualina View Post
      I hardly ever watch Gemporia now, so I haven't seen her since her return from maternity leave, but I do seem to recall seeing a feature or documentary on Gems and as soon as she (and Victoria Norris) came on there was a huge spike in sales.
      I have to turn to another channel when either of these two are on then keep flicking back if it's an hour I want to watch, they waffle on for 20 mins before they start to sell, no wonder they always run over the hour.

11.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dtb123 View Post
      I have to turn to another channel when either of these two are on then keep flicking back if it's an hour I want to watch, they waffle on for 20 mins before they start to sell, no wonder they always run over the hour.
      Oh God this is why I don't like to watch Adina - she drones on for ages before selling any items. It really gets on my pips, well is used to do as I can't watch her for long now. I was disappointed she came back after maternity leave, and I though she looked awful on Halloween.

I tend to watch less now as it is all hard sell, and high squeaky pitched voices, saying the same thing over and over. It is a shame as I have some lovely gems from them, but there are only one or two presenters now who I can watch - I do like Ellis.
      Likes dtb123 liked this post

13.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
      Oh God this is why I don't like to watch Adina - she drones on for ages before selling any items. It really gets on my pips, well is used to do as I can't watch her for long now. I was disappointed she came back after maternity leave, and I though she looked awful on Halloween.

I tend to watch less now as it is all hard sell, and high squeaky pitched voices, saying the same thing over and over. It is a shame as I have some lovely gems from them, but there are only one or two presenters now who I can watch - I do like Ellis.
      I hardly watch anymore for the same reason as you. It used to be on in the background when I'm sorting my son out for school but know they have a shouty screechy woman on in the morning, that's just too much.

I did buy a nice little pair of earrings yesterday when Victoria was presenting but that is the first thing in nearly a year, I used to buy quite a bit.
      Likes Anna liked this post

15.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      I can't bear to watch her either. She's intensely irritating. She repeats the same words over and over again because I think she's trying to think of her next sentence. It seems that she comes from that same training school as so many others now where SHOUTING, and SCREECHING are the norm. She also splays her fingers like claws and thrusts them at the camera. It's intensely annoying. Can't bear to watch her. So many other presenters now are copying her style and she channel is fast becoming unwatchable.
      Likes shopperholic , historymystery liked this post

17.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

It's that star shape she keeps making with her hands that also irritates me, and I wish someone would tell her to smarten up. She was on the other night with a guest - a gem-hunter - and apart from the fact that I don't think he knew where to look while she was talking to him, as her off-the-shoulder neckline was somewhere near her wrists on one side of her body(!), her hair was a total mess. It was just in a scruffy, piled-up 'heap' at the back of her head, held with a clip and with strands of hair constantly falling near her face, so she was pushing them back all the time. She looks scruffy and sloppy, as though she's slept on a park bench. Smarten up, Adina, you are on telly.

Quote Originally Posted by marino5549 View Post
      I can't bear to watch her either. She's intensely irritating. She repeats the same words over and over again because I think she's trying to think of her next sentence. It seems that she comes from that same training school as so many others now where SHOUTING, and SCREECHING are the norm. She also splays her fingers like claws and thrusts them at the camera. It's intensely annoying. Can't bear to watch her. So many other presenters now are copying her style and she channel is fast becoming unwatchable.
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising