Centigrade TSV 29/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am sure that is not new ? It it is it is an old style rehashed as I sent 2 to recycling in the summer that I had for many years.

QVC always seem to call outerwear "coats" with "jacket" meaning something you could wear under a coat. I wonder whether it's an American thing? Like trouser (singular) and pump (singular and not for P.E.)

Im going by length and coverage .Anything above a three quarter length I would think of as a jacket or anorak .
Probably I'm being old fashioned in expecting a coat to cover most of my body and legs and keep me warm.

It is just QVC trying to sell something as something else i.e. Selling a jacket for the price of a coat

The problem for me is that length it for my limits what you can wear underneath as it hangs down.

I would definitely say anything that length is a jacket. It certainly wouldn't be warm enough for the Winters around here, I find anything that isn't at least mid-thigh length too cold for Winter.

It's also expensive for a Centigrade jacket, the prices seem to be creeping up.

Oh, and that looks like very other jacket/coat Centigrade do. Padded check. furry hood check, looks like all the other padded furry hooded jacket/coats they have done before, check.

That doesn't even cover the models' bum! I hate hooded jackets/coats like that totally useless in wet weather. Your head might be dry but hell your bottom half will be soaked.

Oh, and that looks like very other jacket/coat Centigrade do. Padded check. furry hood check, looks like all the other padded furry hooded jacket/coats they have done before, check.

That doesn't even cover the models' bum! I hate hooded jackets/coats like that totally useless in wet weather. Your head might be dry but hell your bottom half will be soaked.
I agree! a wet bum = a cold person!

At the price it is similar in price to some of M& S offerings.
To replace the Jackets I have got rid of, have bought a knee length patterned waterproof from Bon Marche. Though it is not padded it is warm lined and I can always wear a gillet or fleece underneath it, and can wear it for longer not just when bitterly cold. I have already worn it quite a bit, and I had 20% off as bought when on offer, and the staff in my local one are very helpful, even told them so.

Centigrade Chevron Panel Down & Feather Coat with Faux Fur Detachable Hood
Item Number: 160780
QVC Price £70.00
Todays Special Value Price £52.98
P&P £5.95

Be prepared to stave off the winter chills with this Centigrade quilted coat featuring chevron design panels, a detachable hood with faux fur trim, and a lovely, cosy weight that doesn't feel too heavy or bulky. If you love getting out and about on those frosty days and need a jacket that can live up to the challenge, then look no further than this Centigrade down blend coat.

Stay safe outdoors - reflective trims on the zips and cuffs will make sure you're seen in the dark if you're out walking the dog or popping to the shops.

Designed to flatter - cleverly placed diagonal panels at the waist create a cinched in effect; just because you're wearing a winter coat doesn't mean you can't show off your figure!

Classics and brights - choose between five gorgeous colour options, Black and brand new Anthracite are perfect if you want a classic neutral to go with anything, while the Red, Navy and Raspberry shades are that bit brighter and will stand out against a wintry landscape.

Colour options:

Black
Navy
Anthracite (NEW)
Red
Raspberry

Zip fastening front
Zip fastening pockets
Ribbed cuffs
Stand collar
Lining and body: 100% polyester; faux fur trim around hood: 81% modacrylic, 19% acrylic; fill: 50% down, 50% feather
Machine wash cold - remove fur trim before washing

Garment measurements:

Chest: XS: 99.1cm (39"), S: 104.1cm (41"), M: 109.2cm (43"), L: 116.8cm (46"), XL: 124.5cm (49"), 2XL: 133.4cm (52.5"), 3XL: 143.5cm (56.5")
Length: XS: 74.9cm (29.5"), S: 75.9cm (29.8"), M - 3XL: 76.2cm (30")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.160780

See, there they go again, why feather and down when a made made filling will keep the wearer of this coat equally warm? Do QVC go out of their way for animal abuse or does it just come naturally I wonder?

I am increasing finding I need to try on before I buy. I tried on 4 different sizes of the same coat in Debenhams and none were right. In Bonmarche I tried 3 differnt sizes on and the assistant brought down two for me.

Latest posts

Back