Lulu's Time Bomb TSV 04/12/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think her products are great . I have tried most ranges from qvc but hers is my favourite . Hand cream , night cream and the tonic smell devine and feels good on the skin . Well recommended :mysmilie_14:

The point is, or the way I am trying to justify the TSV ;-), that I also bought her other TSV with all supersizes in. So I thought this one would compliment it very well because I alread have the day cream and here we have the night cream...decicsions decisions!

Sounds like an excellent rationale to me!

Ani has even (almost) convinced me! And I'm on a self-imposed QVC shopping ban which was going well! I bought the supersize TSV too (was great value) and was thinking the same about this being a good complement. Plus I'm low on night cream. I'm not sure I can sit on my hands for much longer but will try.

I've got this in my basket mainly for the hand cream and to try the mask; to buy the 150ml hand cream would be around £20 on ebay! I started using up my moisturisers on my neck and chest if I didn't particularly like them on my face (great minds!), but then I flipped it over the Summer this year and used a couple of neck products all over my face, because they have a lighter texture but didn't move around when I had a hot flash! So i can recommend doing this, could be useful for younger ladies or anyone with normal to oily skin as most of them are non-greasy. It also made getting ready in the morning quicker - just one neck cream for face neck and dec. I used some of my Prai neck cream mountain (love it but it's in every set), NIOD's NEC (fabulous, probably my new fav) and I found a small pump bottle of Decleor Excellence de L'Age neck lotion (no idea when I acquired that, it's the most matte on my skin).

I love all different products but get bored and rotate my products probably monthly, not because I think it works better, just because I'm fickle! But being basically a lazy soul I like to know I've got a quick and easy skincare option; then at other times I'll layer other products on top of the bare minimum.

I know QVC thinks that having Lulu as the Time Bomb ambassador helps to sell the range but if anything I think it puts many buyers off! I bough initially inspite of Lulu's presence, because I thought the products being from a good manufacturer, would be good. The early shows had Lulu paraphrasing Anita Roddick's kitchen table potions story, saying she mixed ingredients herself so I'm glad they've dropped this nonsense! The Tomb Bomb :mysmilie_19: website didn't even mention Lulu the last time I looked!

The hand cream has a lovely "savoury" herby lavender scent IYKWIM, I much prefer it to L'occitane or high street brands which are too floral and sweet to my nose.

and I found a small pump bottle of Decleor Excellence de L'Age neck lotion (no idea when I acquired that, it's the most matte on my skin).

I love the Decleor one too, I think it came in Iris TSV some years ago now, with the balm and the oil and something else. I later found it on allbeauty, but I'm still on that one from the tsv, keep forgetting to use it regularly.

Ani has even (almost) convinced me! And I'm on a self-imposed QVC shopping ban which was going well! I bought the supersize TSV too (was great value) and was thinking the same about this being a good complement. Plus I'm low on night cream. I'm not sure I can sit on my hands for much longer but will try.

Ha ha, yes my self-imposed 'no beauty' ban didn't last long but I do believe these products are worth breaking it for...a tenuous defence I know!

I bought one of her TSVs years ago and I was incredibly impressed with most of the products, especially the neck cream, hand cream and that complexion boost chlorophyll thingy.

I'm feeling sorry for myself as my right eye is swollen up with the beginnings of a stye, so I've just bought it - Lulu always strikes me as someone who'd be a right laugh to go out with.

Oh nasty, used to have them when I was young so painful. Hope it clears up soon, my nan used to get Golden Eye ointment for me.

Have you resisted so far?

Ha ha, yes my self-imposed 'no beauty' ban didn't last long but I do believe these products are worth breaking it for...a tenuous defence I know!

It's a tricky one, Tarketta. At least we are thinking about it and not just buying thoughtlessly - that has saved me quite a bit, even in the short time since I got more robust. I have definitely cut down on beauty and candles (the main things I always bought) so that is quite something for me. I may yet give in to this TSV on the basis of the value, what I do genuinely need (well, it's not life or death but I can justify it!) and favourable comments on here. I don't feel so bad about it because I know I won't go back to my "just buy it" ways.

I bought one of her TSVs years ago and I was incredibly impressed with most of the products, especially the neck cream, hand cream and that complexion boost chlorophyll thingy.

I'm feeling sorry for myself as my right eye is swollen up with the beginnings of a stye, so I've just bought it - Lulu always strikes me as someone who'd be a right laugh to go out with.

I can recommend Brolene drops (about a fiver from chemists) it works well for mild conjunctivitis so might help a stye. The only down side is getting that tune on the brain...you know the Dolly Parton one: "brolene, Brolene, Brolene BRO-LEEENE"
:song::ninja::song::ninja:

I can recommend Brolene drops (about a fiver from chemists) it works well for mild conjunctivitis so might help a stye. The only down side is getting that tune on the brain...you know the Dolly Parton one: "brolene, Brolene, Brolene BRO-LEEENE"
:song::ninja::song::ninja:

Akimbo, thank you for the advice...and the ear worm! Just seeing Brolene made me break out into song in my head before I'd even read any further - a classic choon if there ever was one, love a bit of Dolly ;)

Oh nasty, used to have them when I was young so painful. Hope it clears up soon, my nan used to get Golden Eye ointment for me.

Only just noticed the recommendation, will try that Bond-sounding treatment cos the last one I had gave me a bald patch on my eyelid that's only just grown back a year later!!! Plus I'm really not loving the bulging/swollen/red eye look I'm sporting right now :(

(and thanks too!!!!)

Well.....................I haven't! ;-)
Also ordered a slanket to give as a present. :)

I've just ordered the TSV! If it's all right with you, I'm going to lay the blame at your feet because it will make me feel a whole lot better. I did well to last till 5.30pm though. I considered the contents and description carefully but still feel a bit guilty and may have to sell at least one thing on eBay to justify it. I am looking forward to the delivery - I have hardly had any lately.

I've just ordered the TSV! If it's all right with you, I'm going to lay the blame at your feet because it will make me feel a whole lot better. I did well to last till 5.30pm though. I considered the contents and description carefully but still feel a bit guilty and may have to sell at least one thing on eBay to justify it. I am looking forward to the delivery - I have hardly had any lately.

Me too! Or I'll send the boys round...

i've just ordered the tsv! If it's all right with you, i'm going to lay the blame at your feet because it will make me feel a whole lot better. I did well to last till 5.30pm though. I considered the contents and description carefully but still feel a bit guilty and may have to sell at least one thing on ebay to justify it. I am looking forward to the delivery - i have hardly had any lately.
EXCUSE ME?! :devil:

:grin: What is the saying? Two great minds think alike? Anyway, I am looking forward to the set and the slanket (how do you call a person who feels "chilly" very quickly in English? I couldn't find the appropriate word.)

EXCUSE ME?! :devil:

:grin: What is the saying? Two great minds think alike? Anyway, I am looking forward to the set and the slanket (how do you call a person who feels "chilly" very quickly in English? I couldn't find the appropriate word.)

I thought I would know the answer to this but all I can think of is "cold-blooded" and that refers more to people who are cold in the sense of cruel, I think. There's a slang word where I'm from originally (Nottinghamshire/Yorkshire) which is "nesh" but it wouldn't mean much to many people, I think. What is it in German?

By the way, Ani, if you feel the cold and like a slanket, I have to recommend the recent Cozee Home TSV, the electric heated throw, if you haven't already got it. It's without doubt the best thing I've bought from QVC this year (and I was buying a lot). Beautifully soft and plush and you can get really cosy even with radiators/fires on very low. You can still get it (805305) - or do they not despatch to anywhere outside the UK?

Latest posts

Back