Lulu's Time Bomb TSV 04/12/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought I would know the answer to this but all I can think of is "cold-blooded" and that refers more to people who are cold in the sense of cruel, I think. There's a slang word where I'm from originally (Nottinghamshire/Yorkshire) which is "nesh" but it wouldn't mean much to many people, I think. What is it in German?

In German we say "Frostbeule".:) No, cold-blooded doesn't fit in this case, but thanks!:)

By the way, Ani, if you feel the cold and like a slanket, I have to recommend the recent Cozee Home TSV, the electric heated throw, if you haven't already got it. It's without doubt the best thing I've bought from QVC this year (and I was buying a lot). Beautifully soft and plush and you can get really cosy even with radiators/fires on very low. You can still get it (805305) - or do they not despatch to anywhere outside the UK?
Thank you for your advice! The slanket is a present for my snuggler-boyfriend who likes to cover himself completely with a blanket in a way that you only see his hair and nothing else.:-D I thought with the slanket, at least I can see his arms....:-D

By the way, Ani, if you feel the cold and like a slanket, I have to recommend the recent Cozee Home TSV, the electric heated throw, if you haven't already got it. It's without doubt the best thing I've bought from QVC this year (and I was buying a lot). Beautifully soft and plush and you can get really cosy even with radiators/fires on very low. You can still get it (805305) - or do they not despatch to anywhere outside the UK?

Lidl have one of these on offer next week. I've had a few over the years, they're always welcome gifts, too. They have a 3 year guarantee and the one time one did fail at almost 3 years old, I rang up and they sent me a replacement in a few days.

The originals weren't as soft, but the new ones are lovely. I'm CH's biggest fan, but for a heated throw, I'd go for these instead.

ETA: They're 29.99 and are in store from the 8th.

Aldi will probably have them in a week or two and they're similar, but have longer timer settings.

Thank you for your advice! The slanket is a present for my snuggler-boyfriend who likes to cover himself completely with a blanket in a way that you only see his hair and nothing else.:-D I thought with the slanket, at least I can see his arms....:-D

You are a kind and thoughtful girlfriend. Some men (well, women too) do look better when you can only see their arms.

Lidl have one of these on offer next week. I've had a few over the years, they're always welcome gifts, too. They have a 3 year guarantee and the one time one did fail at almost 3 years old, I rang up and they sent me a replacement in a few days.

The originals weren't as soft, but the new ones are lovely. I'm CH's biggest fan, but for a heated throw, I'd go for these instead.

ETA: They're 29.99 and are in store from the 8th.

Aldi will probably have them in a week or two and they're similar, but have longer timer settings.

Ah, thanks. Was just about to ask you the price when you added that. I'm going to go and research the colour choices.

In German we say "Frostbeule".:) No, cold-blooded doesn't fit in this case, but thanks!:)

My Dad used to call my Mum "the human barometer", she could feel a draught from an open book! Bless her! Frostbeule sounds more elegant; I'll use it from now on, for Mr Akimbo; he's forever turning up the heating but won't put on a jumper or socks! Drives me nuts!

I'm still in limbo.....

I want the face mask, but that's all.

My fav handcream is body shop hemp. My favourite night cream is elemis or Gatineau.
I'm not a fan of collagen bomb.
I do like the cocktails.....

If you only want the mask, you could get it off Ebay or you could order it as a single item from QVC or Time Bomb directly. I would say, the limbo is stopped! ;-)

If you only want the mask, you could get it off Ebay or you could order it as a single item from QVC or Time Bomb directly. I would say, the limbo is stopped! ;-)

You're right - I'm not overly enamoured over most of it & I really only want one item.

I've got this in my basket mainly for the hand cream and to try the mask; to buy the 150ml hand cream would be around £20 on ebay! I started using up my moisturisers on my neck and chest if I didn't particularly like them on my face (great minds!), but then I flipped it over the Summer this year and used a couple of neck products all over my face, because they have a lighter texture but didn't move around when I had a hot flash! So i can recommend doing this, could be useful for younger ladies or anyone with normal to oily skin as most of them are non-greasy. It also made getting ready in the morning quicker - just one neck cream for face neck and dec. I used some of my Prai neck cream mountain (love it but it's in every set), NIOD's NEC (fabulous, probably my new fav) and I found a small pump bottle of Decleor Excellence de L'Age neck lotion (no idea when I acquired that, it's the most matte on my skin).

I love all different products but get bored and rotate my products probably monthly, not because I think it works better, just because I'm fickle! But being basically a lazy soul I like to know I've got a quick and easy skincare option; then at other times I'll layer other products on top of the bare minimum.

I know QVC thinks that having Lulu as the Time Bomb ambassador helps to sell the range but if anything I think it puts many buyers off! I bough initially inspite of Lulu's presence, because I thought the products being from a good manufacturer, would be good. The early shows had Lulu paraphrasing Anita Roddick's kitchen table potions story, saying she mixed ingredients herself so I'm glad they've dropped this nonsense! The Tomb Bomb :mysmilie_19: website didn't even mention Lulu the last time I looked!

The hand cream has a lovely "savoury" herby lavender scent IYKWIM, I much prefer it to L'occitane or high street brands which are too floral and sweet to my nose.

It is certainly the reason that I've never tried the range. For her to sit there talking about how she created the range because none of the skincare available was meeting her needs is ridiculous, as is the ad with her slaving away in the lab. :dull: Last time I caught a bit she was saying that people tell her she looks good for her age, and that it's all down to Time Bomb, which is just LIES!! I don't know how QVC get away with so much of what they say on air, they appear to be completely unregulated. If the foundation of the sales pitch is built on lies, you are less inclined to believe any of their claims. So like you, Akimbo, if I ever try the range (and it sounds from all your accounts like the products are good), it will be very much in spite of Lulu!

Latest posts

Back