Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IDEAL WORLD BRINGS YOU WATCH WEEK

Join us for a week dedicated to gorgeous timepieces where you can save up to 40% from 9pm on Sunday 12th November.

Join Ideal World this week, where we will be sharing some of our most popular brands at unbelievable prices. From our old favourites Vostok Europe to newer brands such as Karen Millen and Timberland, there is sure to be something to suit everyone.

Ideal World will be hosting a variety of shows throughout the week, offering limited editions, gifts with purchases and even UK and World exclusives.....

READ MORE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
      Post Thanks / Like

I like Ellis, and absolutely agree with you that she brings cache to the company because of her past experience. At least with Ellis she doesn't put on the "everyone thinks I'm so wonderful" act, nor does she act superior - she has good knowledge, readily admits on-air that some people may find her irritating if she praises something too much, and shows a refreshing lack of airs and graces. She's "old school", in other words! Unfortunately Angeline has started to believe her own publicity lately: over the past few months, she has been regularly reading out so-called messages each morning from viewers, saying how lovely she looks today, or how beautiful her dress is, etc. etc. Whether these messages are genuine or not, it is not a nice trait to be constantly reading out self-praise - praise of the jewellery is one thing, but to be reading out your own publicity is a bit gross, in my view! I used to like her and find her a good laugh, but she has changed and become very superior in manner, always bringing on her producer (why?) and doing a silly double-act with her. I think the Bennetts have let her become too big for her boots, and should rein her in a bit. Implying that she and her producer decide on the on-screen prices is patently ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
      what I mean is that with her level of fame/selly telly experience, she is coming in with the cache of someone who can do what she wants... because she has earned that quite frankly. She only wants to do mornings... then she only does mornings. To be fair i'd say that angeline has earned that there too.... but she is not going to supersede ellis ward is my point.
      Last edited by historymystery; 01-12-2016 at 11:51 AM.

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      I like Ellis, and absolutely agree with you that she brings cache to the company because of her past experience. At least with Ellis she doesn't put on the "everyone thinks I'm so wonderful" act, nor does she act superior - she has good knowledge, readily admits on-air that some people may find her irritating if she praises something too much, and shows a refreshing lack of airs and graces. She's "old school", in other words! Unfortunately Angeline has started to believe her own publicity lately: over the past few months, she has been regularly reading out so-called messages each morning from viewers, saying how lovely she looks today, or how beautiful her dress is, etc. etc. Whether these messages are genuine or not, it is not a nice trait to be constantly reading out self-praise - praise of the jewellery is one thing, but to be reading out your own publicity is a bit gross, in my view! I used to like her and find her a good laugh, but she has changed and become very superior in manner, always bringing on her producer (why?) and doing a silly double-act with her. I think the Bennetts have let her become too big for her boots, and should rein her in a bit. Implying that she and her producer decide on the on-screen prices is patently ridiculous.
      There is probably something to dislike in all of the presenters if you watch them for long enough.

One thing I will say is that Bennett seems to give young/inexperienced presenters a chance to get on tv... even if it's at 3am, it's still something.
      ''now that's a lot of great sound, I know great sound''

4.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, nothing wrong with giving the younger presenters a chance. It doesnt bother me that too many scream and shout as i cant remember last time i watched properly and previously cant remember the last time i had the volume on for any of the shopping telly channels when i have a quick flick through.My ring finally arrived after one day short of two months,yep,two months,the gemstone comes in different colour combos,including ocre umbar,greens and blues with striations,the one i finally received is best described as pasty beige,almost the same colour as my skin this time of year,i give up,my last order,customer service was tragic to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting one. Angelina has said that Brexit was the cause of the US closing!!! Talking about sales stuff she said lots happened this year, Brexit and we had to close the US channel so items now in our sale.
      Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
      Likes MariGold liked this post

DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that's a good one - wonder how long it took them to think that one up? Of course, Mr Obama did say that if the UK came out, we would be last in the queue for trade deals with the US, but Angeline's talking about a channel that was already up and running in the USA way before this. Couldn't have been "up and running" that well, obviously! But of course no admissions of management failures/lack of market research/failure to listen to customer feedback.....oh, no.
      Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
      Interesting one. Angelina has said that Brexit was the cause of the US closing!!! Talking about sales stuff she said lots happened this year, Brexit and we had to close the US channel so items now in our sale.

Last edited by historymystery; 23-12-2016 at 12:14 PM.
      Likes MariGold , donna255 liked this post