Breaking news.-Gems USA and The Diamond Room closed down.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it me or does Lynn only work on days that Angeline does?

They have a nice little monopoly on airtime going for themselves. Obviously pays to have known The Bennetts for 20 years.

I think you are right, mr tom. It's the Angeline-and-Nick and the Rod-and-Lynn show. They never work the unsocial hours, and as you say always seem to work the same days and more or less the same times. I wonder if this is one of the problems with Gemporia and why they had a glut of long-term presenters leave this year? it would seem that the 4 individuals in question are well in with the management, and it's all very cliquey. It also irritates me that Angeline is the only presenter who constantly wheels on her producer - why do we want to see her? Why not bring on the camera operators and the cleaners as well? The pair of them act as though they are making the decisions on what prices to charge, which is ridiculous and irritating. I have gone off Angeline, she's got too big for her boots with her superior airs - at least Lynn and Rod are not full of themselves and regularly reading out "messages" saying how wonderful they look.

Is it me or does Lynn only work on days that Angeline does?

They have a nice little monopoly on airtime going for themselves. Obviously pays to have known The Bennetts for 20 years.

Last edited:
I think you are right, mr tom. It's the Angeline-and-Nick and the Rod-and-Lynn show. They never work the unsocial hours, and as you say always seem to work the same days and more or less the same times. I wonder if this is one of the problems with Gemporia and why they had a glut of long-term presenters leave this year? it would seem that the 4 individuals in question are well in with the management, and it's all very cliquey. It also irritates me that Angeline is the only presenter who constantly wheels on her producer - why do we want to see her? Why not bring on the camera operators and the cleaners as well? The pair of them act as though they are making the decisions on what prices to charge, which is ridiculous and irritating. I have gone off Angeline, she's got too big for her boots with her superior airs - at least Lynn and Rod are not full of themselves and regularly reading out "messages" saying how wonderful they look.

well the four you mentioned were all working on bennetts original selly telly channel, before it was converted to gems/jewellery and before they were married to eachother.

although the apple cart was clearly upset with Ellis Ward joining.

Gems still has some pretty designs but the gold weights are so flimsy, and even the silver pieces I've bought have had stones falling out. Basically you get what you pay for - the more expensive pieces are more likely to last.

well the four you mentioned were all working on bennetts original selly telly channel, before it was converted to gems/jewellery and before they were married to eachother.

They had a piece on Rae in their recent mag. Apparently her, Adina, Lynn, Rod, Angeline and Nick were in a theatre group together before joining Gems so perhaps they come as a job lot.

I certainly don't think Ellis is one of the "in-crowd" at Gemporia, mr tom, so I don't think the "Gang of Four" have got anything to worry about!

Last edited:
Their quality control has fallen considerably over the past few years. Review websites have a lot of complaints about stones falling out or being chipped. Gems need to get back to their roots and create a satisfied customer base - if Steve could control his ego, and stop embarking on schemes such as designing a coat of arms and opening new channels which he then closes down without giving a proper, upfront explanation, then they might recover some ground. If they carry on as they are at present, I cannot see them surviving, to be frank.

Gems still has some pretty designs but the gold weights are so flimsy, and even the silver pieces I've bought have had stones falling out. Basically you get what you pay for - the more expensive pieces are more likely to last.

Thanks historymystery for enquiring about my back,unfortunately its an ongoing problem,anyhow i digress, i agree with all the posts,unfortunately the management team are not listening to their customers, i know that as i have been told by two operators,one of which works for jewellerymaker,who use the same call centre,that they keep telling the management of customers remarks and they dont listen,cant say i am surprised.Mr.Bennett did eventually put a post on his facebook page, mostly blaming the fall in the british pound and the rise in silver prices for closing down the usa channel, mm, i dont think thats the whole story at all, i mean it was only going for four months.As for customer service,well i wont bore you to death with my courier problems again,but we have two in our area that are actually good,ASM and correos express,who email us 24 hours ahead of delivery and then phone us on the day with a time and a meeting place within the town,which worked great,we worked this out with them ourselves,then without telling us gems changed to a new courier called norsk,we never received even a phone call from them,they just sent it back to wherever their warehouse is,when we complained to gems customer service,turns out norsk dont send back items not delivered for 6 weeks,gems management who signed the contract didnt seem to know this,may i suggest they read the terms and conditions,says it all,gems then suggested quietly i wait 6 weeks,we declined and suggested they post via post the item from gems warehouse,throughout the facebook customer people have to keep asking permission from the management and yet i have had to send numerous messages asking for info as management dont seem to want to communicate,eight days later, i have not received the parcel,when i contacted them again they suggested i sort it out,i finally blew my stack and told them its their job to do that and not mine, as,wait for it,this has been going on since i ordered the item on the 14th OCTOBER,yes thats right.if i could get this particular item from elsewhere i would, but despite scouring the online sources i cant.i have ordered item from elsewhere and have had no problems,says it all really.Rod jinks and Drew were once laid off from one of his companies many years ago,its definitely not an organisation i would want to work for, i think part of the problem is that they have too many family members employed who arent going to tell the boss he is behaving rashly,when its their income on the line are they.Angeline did once say that Steve Bennett is hard to disuade once he has made his mind up about something, well i think its about time someone did whilst he still has a company, i certainly wont be ordering again after this and if you read the feefo reviews many other customers have walked away recently too.

Thanks, missmarple, sorry to hear about the nightmare you've been having with this wonderful(?) "customer-orientated" channel!

As I've said before, they will go down the tubes big-style if Steve Bennett and any other members of the family don't start listening to their customers. He didn't do his market research, and got caught up in the moment of expanding his 'empire' - and the result is he's had to shut down 2 channels, not 1 but 2 (and for the second time in the USA). This puts people out of work, Steve, in case the point has escaped you. This is also commercial suicide - as is not being prepared to listen to what people tell you. Yes, the sycophants will not want to give him the truth, but as a businessman he should be willing to listen to bad news, as well as the good. Only listening to the yes-men (and yes-women) is a recipe for disaster, as he would know if he had business acumen.

I agree that some of the latest reviews on other review websites are dire - and I notice they've been offering discounts of 30 and 40 per cent over the weekend - which is unusual for them. My guess is that the profits have been affected - I'm certainly not watching the channel, and I know several others who've said they feel p$$sed off by what's happened and the bad reviews, so will not be ordering. Drew & Rod should have thought long and hard before going back to work for him - I haven't seen Drew on the other channels, although Nick has been on since The Diamond Room closed down. Wonder what's happened to Drew? Anyway, I do hope your problems with this channel do get sorted out.:mysmilie_51:

Last edited:
I certainly don't think Ellis is one of the "in-crowd" at Gemporia, mr tom, so I don't think the "Gang of Four" have got anything to worry about!

what I mean is that with her level of fame/selly telly experience, she is coming in with the cache of someone who can do what she wants... because she has earned that quite frankly. She only wants to do mornings... then she only does mornings. To be fair i'd say that angeline has earned that there too.... but she is not going to supersede ellis ward is my point.

I like Ellis, and absolutely agree with you that she brings cache to the company because of her past experience. At least with Ellis she doesn't put on the "everyone thinks I'm so wonderful" act, nor does she act superior - she has good knowledge, readily admits on-air that some people may find her irritating if she praises something too much, and shows a refreshing lack of airs and graces. She's "old school", in other words! Unfortunately Angeline has started to believe her own publicity lately: over the past few months, she has been regularly reading out so-called messages each morning from viewers, saying how lovely she looks today, or how beautiful her dress is, etc. etc. Whether these messages are genuine or not, it is not a nice trait to be constantly reading out self-praise - praise of the jewellery is one thing, but to be reading out your own publicity is a bit gross, in my view! I used to like her and find her a good laugh, but she has changed and become very superior in manner, always bringing on her producer (why?) and doing a silly double-act with her. I think the Bennetts have let her become too big for her boots, and should rein her in a bit. Implying that she and her producer decide on the on-screen prices is patently ridiculous.

what I mean is that with her level of fame/selly telly experience, she is coming in with the cache of someone who can do what she wants... because she has earned that quite frankly. She only wants to do mornings... then she only does mornings. To be fair i'd say that angeline has earned that there too.... but she is not going to supersede ellis ward is my point.

Last edited:
I like Ellis, and absolutely agree with you that she brings cache to the company because of her past experience. At least with Ellis she doesn't put on the "everyone thinks I'm so wonderful" act, nor does she act superior - she has good knowledge, readily admits on-air that some people may find her irritating if she praises something too much, and shows a refreshing lack of airs and graces. She's "old school", in other words! Unfortunately Angeline has started to believe her own publicity lately: over the past few months, she has been regularly reading out so-called messages each morning from viewers, saying how lovely she looks today, or how beautiful her dress is, etc. etc. Whether these messages are genuine or not, it is not a nice trait to be constantly reading out self-praise - praise of the jewellery is one thing, but to be reading out your own publicity is a bit gross, in my view! I used to like her and find her a good laugh, but she has changed and become very superior in manner, always bringing on her producer (why?) and doing a silly double-act with her. I think the Bennetts have let her become too big for her boots, and should rein her in a bit. Implying that she and her producer decide on the on-screen prices is patently ridiculous.

There is probably something to dislike in all of the presenters if you watch them for long enough.

One thing I will say is that Bennett seems to give young/inexperienced presenters a chance to get on tv... even if it's at 3am, it's still something.

I agree, nothing wrong with giving the younger presenters a chance. It doesnt bother me that too many scream and shout as i cant remember last time i watched properly and previously cant remember the last time i had the volume on for any of the shopping telly channels when i have a quick flick through.My ring finally arrived after one day short of two months,yep,two months,the gemstone comes in different colour combos,including ocre umbar,greens and blues with striations,the one i finally received is best described as pasty beige,almost the same colour as my skin this time of year,i give up,my last order,customer service was tragic to say the least.

Interesting one. Angelina has said that Brexit was the cause of the US closing!!! Talking about sales stuff she said lots happened this year, Brexit and we had to close the US channel so items now in our sale.

Oh that's a good one - wonder how long it took them to think that one up? Of course, Mr Obama did say that if the UK came out, we would be last in the queue for trade deals with the US, but Angeline's talking about a channel that was already up and running in the USA way before this. Couldn't have been "up and running" that well, obviously! But of course no admissions of management failures/lack of market research/failure to listen to customer feedback.....oh, no.
Interesting one. Angelina has said that Brexit was the cause of the US closing!!! Talking about sales stuff she said lots happened this year, Brexit and we had to close the US channel so items now in our sale.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back