QVC sending Celebs Beauty Hampers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My cousin is on her 4th cancer, breast,ovarian, were her hysterectomy scars are and last October she was diagnosed with brain tumours. Out of the 7 cousins, niece, brother,sister and myself only my sister tested positive for the faulty BRCA gene. I am now taking part in an Epidemiological Study into Familial Breast Cancer with Cambridge University. Love to you Mia and your family.xx

all the best to you and your family x

Thanks Lady Madonna, I know many families are going through hard times and I wish you and yours all the best. QVC just get under my skin with those pouty faced presenters and their smug I'm so good attitude. Life can be tough and every so often we all need a reality check.

Celebrities have hard times too but I prefer when companies do good and don't just go for glory.

I think they believe they shouldn't have to pay for anything. Been lots of stories about actors being loaned jewellery for Oscars and premieres and conveniently forgetting to return them or implying they were gifts. I once read about Elizabeth Taylor having to be bribed with diamonds to do some dubbing on one of her films.

Big movie stars are a bit different! Although don't agree with it but Zeee listers, not a fan! :mysmilie_61:

the fact as someone said earlier that qvc begrudge giving thier loyal customers samples at the beauty bash is beyond mean its nasty

I've just watched something on telly about ladies with cancer having a beauty makeover and pamper day. Wouldn't it be nice if we were reading that QVC had donated beauty hampers to causes such as this instead of presenters tweeting about overpaid celebs receiving freebies.

Amen to that! But the place that does get involved in such practical help for cancer patients is Marks & Spencer :mysmilie_59:

I think that's a great idea and I really don't understand why Q doesn't do this - it really wouldn't cost them much and the goodwill they'd get from gestures like this (vs giving freebies to z-listers) would be worth its weight in publicity, which is obviously what they really care about!

I bet if they'd said, "We are not doing Beauty Bash in 2017 because we are doing a special beauty event for cancer patients, together with BCC" there wouldn't have been many with the nerve to grumble about the "normal" event being canned. They could have had magazines or newspapers and more queuing up to co-sponsor it, lots of press coverage and loads of awareness and money donated to an all too vital cause.

Well I'm just about ready to go on a rant! 2016 has been my year from hell. My husband has been in hospital 3 times, my sister has had a blood clot on her lung, and most devastating of all my niece who is only 38 has cancer and a double mastectomy. Also my sisters and I (4 of us) are being genetically tested for type 2 gene. QVC Give out hampers to the rich and not so famous! Do some good and help people in need. Amanda Holden can pay for all her cosmetic needs so PLEASE get a grip and think about what really matters in life.

You are so right - and my heart goes out to you for the horrible year you've had. I hope when you and your sisters get tested you are negative for the gene, but in any case I hope you are able to be strong and supportive for each other. :bear:

My cousin is on her 4th cancer, breast,ovarian, were her hysterectomy scars are and last October she was diagnosed with brain tumours. Out of the 7 cousins, niece, brother, sister and myself only my sister tested positive for the faulty BRCA gene. I am now taking part in an Epidemiological Study into Familial Breast Cancer with Cambridge University. Love to you Mia and your family.xx

I hope participating in the Epidemiological Study helps you, as it will help those in the future unlucky enough to get this horrible diseased. But my goodness, has your cousin been through the mill or what?!? So very sorry to hear of her relentless battle with cancer. I hope she is able to fight her way through what must be a devastating diagnosis.

It really does seem to skulk and stalk some families, and the secret is so often lurking in the genes, although for the majority it is not connected (as far as they know)...

These days I'd rather give money to Channel 4's "Stand Up to Cancer" telethon than QVC's Breast Cancer Care efforts :mysmilie_10:

Amen to that! But the place that does get involved in such practical help for cancer patients is Marks & Spencer :mysmilie_59:

I bet if they'd said, "We are not doing Beauty Bash in 2017 because we are doing a special beauty event for cancer patients, together with BCC" there wouldn't have been many with the nerve to grumble about the "normal" event being canned. They could have had magazines or newspapers and more queuing up to co-sponsor it, lots of press coverage and loads of awareness and money donated to an all too vital cause.

You are so right - and my heart goes out to you for the horrible year you've had. I hope when you and your sisters get tested you are negative for the gene, but in any case I hope you are able to be strong and supportive for each other. :bear:

I hope participating in the Epidemiological Study helps you, as it will help those in the future unlucky enough to get this horrible diseased. But my goodness, has your cousin been through the mill or what?!? So very sorry to hear of her relentless battle with cancer. I hope she is able to fight her way through what must be a devastating diagnosis.

It really does seem to skulk and stalk some families, and the secret is so often lurking in the genes, although for the majority it is not connected (as far as they know)...

These days I'd rather give money to Channel 4's "Stand Up to Cancer" telethon than QVC's Breast Cancer Care efforts :mysmilie_10:

Lovely post MayMorgan, thank you so much. Although she is permanently exhausted she never complains.xxx

The fact that a company who gives to people who already have so much (presumably) and are in the public eye,makes me sure they are interested in attainment of glitz,glamour,and vicarious stardom for the company and its products and presenters.It sees itself as a high end ,haute -couture enterprise and want to try to push this by having 'celebrities'on board.However,let's not forget who pays the wages.The customers-many of whom have spent a fortune on goods and postage.If the customers were asked to choose I'm sure they would sooner any large expensive gift (whatever it may be) from the company that's been part of their lives for a good while would go into a charity than to a person who has most likely never ever bought a thing from them. They would also probably like the odd little gift for themselves-as a thank you.

Last edited:
Was AH the only Zeeeleb that got this hamper?
Did they send out many?
Did the Q bloggers get them?

Curious Custmer :mysmilie_478:

What I didn't know people are going through is bringing tears to my eyes. I wish anyone going through any kind of serious illness and their families only good things and a full recovery. Things are just things. Life is life.

CC

Latest posts

Back