QVC sending Celebs Beauty Hampers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just reading this thread and up pops a banner about Legacy funeral plans on Ideal World.
Big brother is watching us!

I am thinking of closing my QVC account based on this poor ill judged marketing. I am not motivated to buy because Amanda Holden tweets "thank you QVC". This type of marketing is old fashioned and offensive to its loyal customers.

i thought the stuff looked insulting. there was a lot in the hamper but just looked like used bits n bobs. qvc need to up thier game with paying customers. a fair returns procedure would be a start. faster delivery and cheap/capped postage. no wonder people on here are fuming

LOL. I am amazed you left with such a perk

I couldn't face working there anymore after a couple of years. Seeing distressed, crying faces everyday was depressing. The worst thing was they used a sickly peach air freshner to mask the odour of the incinerators. Imagine 50 Yankee Candle car freshners being used at once and you will get the idea. The smell od peaches makes me insttantly want to throw up now.

Thanks Jilly H for letting me know, I bet AH is not the only one. I will be fuming if Shazza H and CJ get one:mysmilie_13:

Just a word of comfort, AH has had so many facelifts she is actually putting all that slap on her arse not her face as her belly button must be over her head by this time.

If not let's just give her arse/face a virtual slap anyway - altogether now - whack!

It wouldn`t annoy me if QVC did the same as other sellers ie. sent out a voucher code now and again, capped their p and p, held genuine sales with genuine discounts, kept their prices realistic, had better couriers, better quality control and better follow up on waitlist items but they do none of that. They take but give jack sh^t in return no matter how much you spend with them or how long you`ve been a customer.
I spend next to nothing with them these days but I can fully understand why customers are annoyed at freebies being sent to so called celebs, so called beauty bloggers and their so called tester panel.

If you can sit on your hands long enough they start to miss you and a voucher code turns up. Win win.

Thanks Jilly H for letting me know, I bet AH is not the only one. I will be fuming if Shazza H and CJ get one:mysmilie_13:

Why do these two always hang on to everything QVC, surely they work for them? Really, I have been a long term and an excellent customer for many many years and hold my head high as NO FREEBIES and NO SPECIAL TREATMENTS!
I wouldn't have it any other way, TOO PROUD!!! :mysmilie_8:

It wouldn`t annoy me if QVC did the same as other sellers ie. sent out a voucher code now and again, capped their p and p, held genuine sales with genuine discounts, kept their prices realistic, had better couriers, better quality control and better follow up on waitlist items but they do none of that. They take but give jack sh^t in return no matter how much you spend with them or how long you`ve been a customer.
I spend next to nothing with them these days but I can fully understand why customers are annoyed at freebies being sent to so called celebs, so called beauty bloggers and their so called tester panel.

I agree with everything you say here! And who is on their so called test panel? It makes me sick! Us regular customers get sweet FA in return for our loyalty. It's appalling.

Very annoying the overpriced tat is funding freebies for celebs . Makes me determined to buy even less from Q than I already do ,and that's not much.

I agree with everything you say here! And who is on their so called test panel? It makes me sick! Us regular customers get sweet FA in return for our loyalty. It's appalling.

It's a Mystery! The inn crowd seem to know, lolololooo :mysmilie_10::mysmilie_15:

Ive cut down this year with QVC and just checked my account. Only bought Beauty TSVs and candles. Next year will be even less as I'm well stocked now.

I've just watched something on telly about ladies with cancer having a beauty makeover and pamper day. Wouldn't it be nice if we were reading that QVC had donated beauty hampers to causes such as this instead of presenters tweeting about overpaid celebs receiving freebies.

I've just watched something on telly about ladies with cancer having a beauty makeover and pamper day. Wouldn't it be nice if we were reading that QVC had donated beauty hampers to causes such as this instead of presenters tweeting about overpaid celebs receiving freebies.

I think that's a great idea and I really don't understand why Q doesn't do this - it really wouldn't cost them much and the goodwill they'd get from gestures like this (vs giving freebies to z-listers) would be worth its weight in publicity, which is obviously what they really care about!

Ah yes, slebs really NEED free stuff don't they. Why not look at all the people (OK, like me) who have been with QVC from day one and have never received one single offer from them no sneaky easy pays or any other little reward for dedicated customers. I've no problem with cancer patients having the treats instead of me, of course they should, but hell, WE should be getting them not the "look at me aren't I wonderful (er no)" so called celebrities. If they had anything about them they would refuse freebies and insist they were given to others. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

CC (instigator of "The Daily Rant")

Shouldn't it have gone to Children In Need for a raffle or to a Children's Hospital!

Don't get Zelebs and Wanabees and hanger ons getting free stuff all the time!!!???

Shouldn't it have gone to Children In Need for a raffle or to a Children's Hospital!

Don't get Zelebs and Wanabees and hanger ons getting free stuff all the time!!!???

I think they believe they shouldn't have to pay for anything. Been lots of stories about actors being loaned jewellery for Oscars and premieres and conveniently forgetting to return them or implying they were gifts. I once read about Elizabeth Taylor having to be bribed with diamonds to do some dubbing on one of her films.

Well I'm just about ready to go on a rant! 2016 has been my year from hell. My husband has been in hospital 3 times, my sister has had a blood clot on her lung, and most devastating of all my neice

who is only 38 has cancer and a double mastectomy. Also my sisters and I (4 of us) are being genetically tested for type 2 gene. QVC Give out hampers to the rich and not so famous! Do some good and help people in need. Amanda Holden can pay for all her cosmetic needs so PLEASE get a grip and think about what really matters in life.

Last edited:
Mia56;8'76966 said:
Well I'm just about ready to go on a rant! 2016 has been my year from hell. My husband has been in hospital 3 times, my sister has had a blood clot on her lung, and most devastating of all my neice

who is only 38 has cancer and a double mastectomy. Also my sisters and I (4 of us) are being genetically tested for type 2 gene. QVC Give out hampers to the rich and not so famous! Do some good and help people in need. Amanda Holden can pay for all her cosmetic needs so PLEASE get a grip and think about what really matters in life.
My cousin is on her 4th cancer, breast,ovarian, were her hysterectomy scars are and last October she was diagnosed with brain tumours. Out of the 7 cousins, niece, brother,sister and myself only my sister tested positive for the faulty BRCA gene. I am now taking part in an Epidemiological Study into Familial Breast Cancer with Cambridge University. Love to you Mia and your family.xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back