If the word AMAGING didn't exist would QVC have anything to broadcast?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
I fell this is the most overused word in general and on Q it has gone beyond a joke.

Every other word is ammmaazzzing - it's getting on my thrupenny bits.

The LRose stand in was terrible in this respect .

Sorry, that should be AMAZING but can't change heading.

I fell this is the most overused word in general and on Q it has gone beyond a joke.

Every other word is ammmaazzzing - it's getting on my thrupenny bits.

The LRose stand in was terrible in this respect .

Sorry, that should be AMAZING but can't change heading.

Ah but don't forget Abi H with her "a-may-zing"

Chloe seems very keen on 'incredible' - everything is 'absolutely incredible.'

She also says "of course" even when it's not of course, and "coming up, on the way" a lot too, in fact, she seems to say the same words for each sentence with a bit of Ad-lib thrown in, just to mix it up a bit.

Incredible means unbelievable, another favourite word of some presenters. All words lose their value when used too much, but 'incredible' really does. Occasionally we might come across something that really is incredible, but if it is used every 2 minutes then the item it describes and claims it makes about that item are unbelievable ie false! What Chloe is really saying is that we can't believe what she says about what she is selling.

It would be a good exercise to ban certain words from the presenters' vocabulary and see what happens!

I tell you what it absolutely twisting my melon at the moment!
How often presenters are saying "Oh my goodness" Can't they think of something original to say? Jackie Kabler was the first one to use the phrase, I think, but now everyone is saying it & to be honest, I don't think it's really appropriate for shopping telly.
Think about when you would use the term in everyday life; maybe if you were watching a baby being born or watching a thunderstorm or if you had really been bowled over with something. Not when you're selling Christmas tat!
I do seriously wonder if the presenters have bets before the shows to see how many times they can drop certain words or phrases, especially Chloe.

And do you notice that when they come up with a different phrase they all latch on to it. One day nobody next day they are all spouting it. E.g. £19 and change ( £19.99 to you and me)

I've noticed with princess Jackie that if she's stuck for something to say (and she's stuck a lot) she repeats herself three times like "love it! love it! love it!" or "gorgeous! gorgeous! gorgeous!" or "super! super! super!" and so on.

Just count how many times AMAAAAAZZZZZING is said on Strictly - the vocabulary of those on the box is very limited sadly.

I agree with all the above but for me the worst was a woman call Annette Baker Malpas who was on years ago demoing Tefal. Every other word she spoke was 'actually' and actually Alison Young continued the trend.

incredible is fiona of decleor fame's favourite word

Oh gosh is she still on? I remember once she was applying some neroli oil to Tiffany's face. It was like watching a Galapagos tortoise being massaged by an eccles cake.

Oh gosh is she still on? I remember once she was applying some neroli oil to Tiffany's face. It was like watching a Galapagos tortoise being massaged by an eccles cake.

i take it you mean those chubby little hands are like eccles cakes julius :mysmilie_50:

Latest posts

Back