29/11/16 One Time Only Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Diamonique 2.1 -3.12 ct tw Everyday Tennis Bracelet Sterling Silver One TIme Only Price £21.96 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.664333

Yankee Candle Set of 3 USA Special 2 Wick World Journeys Tumblers One Time Only Price £24.96 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.705648

The reviews on both of these items are pretty damning. Shame on QVC for still trying to palm these off onto their customers, instead of sending them back to the suppliers as just not good enough. QVC? :wonder: Don't make me laugh!

The reviews on both of these items are pretty damning. Shame on QVC for still trying to palm these off onto their customers, instead of sending them back to the suppliers as just not good enough. QVC? :wonder: Don't make me laugh!

well i know for a fact that i know lots have had the world journeys & love them so its each to their own i tend to take their reviews with a big pinch of salt

gives you an idea specially if there are a lot of negatives. with qvc's refunds taking several weeks its wise to check the reviews

like i say personally i dont think the review system is that good cause you dont even have to buy the item to review it which is crazy

i agree thats a bit naff i would like a system like amazon where you can go back and update the reviews.

i agree thats a bit naff i would like a system like amazon where you can go back and update the reviews.

yep its like i could go on & say everything from a certain brand is bad & give it all 1 * reviews when i havnt even tried it but like you say the amazon one from what ive seen is a good way of doing it (not that i use amazon)

like i say personally i dont think the review system is that good cause you dont even have to buy the item to review it which is crazy

One of the most admirable things about the Amazon review system... if you bought the product from them you get it flagged as "verified purchase" so you know that at least some of the reviews left actually were left by people who have bought the product.

I'm frequently baffled by QVC and other reviews where the review is treated like asking customer services a question... bonkers. Or a good/bad review solely on the basis of how quickly the product arrived. Again, nuts. What we want and need from a review is something informative based on using the product in question. Often this seems too much to ask, sadly.

I like the look of the YC set, but as I have 2x Christmas in Paris and 1x Arctic Glacier at home already, I will pass.

One of the most admirable things about the Amazon review system... if you bought the product from them you get it flagged as "verified purchase" so you know that at least some of the reviews left actually were left by people who have bought the product.

I'm frequently baffled by QVC and other reviews where the review is treated like asking customer services a question... bonkers. Or a good/bad review solely on the basis of how quickly the product arrived. Again, nuts. What we want and need from a review is something informative based on using the product in question. Often this seems too much to ask, sadly.

I like the look of the YC set, but as I have 2x Christmas in Paris and 1x Arctic Glacier at home already, I will pass.

excatly thats why i kinda dont take any notice of those QVC reviews & for example id rather trust the reviews of people on here ect

Yong Kim Crinkle V Neck Panelled Tunic One Time Only Price £69.96 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.161746

Tarte Self Sharpening Precision Eyeliner Trio One Time Only Price £25.54 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.216297

Murano Glass Romantico Heart Enhancer Charm Sterling Silver One Time Only Price £35.96 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.307876

Yankee Candle 17 Piece Get Ready for Christmas Votive Collection One Time Only Price £26.48 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.706560

I tend to browse reviews if I`m interested in something but only really read the ones from people who`ve bought the item and say they`ve bought it. It`s a catch 22 with reviews because you get some people who genuinely like/dislike things they`ve bought and writea good informative review and then you get other people who will sing QVC praises to the hilt because they`re misguided enough to think they`re an expert in all things Q and have illusions of people hanging onto their every word. Those people`s views are as unbalanced as anybody else`s and aren`t worth listening to either.
If customers aren`t buying a tsv because they think it`s too highly priced or the content isn`t desirable or p and p is a rip off etc etc, then they need somewhere other than QVC`s facebook page to say so. Not everybody reads fb but many people will read reviews and Q could actually learn why a tsv has bombed and then rectify it the next time.
I`m sure Q and the brands really don`t want to be left with X thousand of a tsv gathering dust in their warehouse.

qvc think hard sell will shift the tsv and up to a point it will but its a risk not worth taking

I usually take more notice of the negative reviews but even those you need to take with a pinch of salt.

I'm more interested in facts such as I usually buy a 5 in this range but these were too small. Or the clasp on this was very sharp.

Quality seems be be objective but if half say it is poor I think it is an indication that postage will be wasted.

I know I have purchased things that got fab reviews and I thought it was tat and again loved something which got poor reviews.

Value for money is hard to define as it depends on your taste and pocket.

I see Amazon are going to restrict the number of reviews you can give a product. Unless you are updating your opinion after a period of use there really isn't any need to post more than one.

qvc think hard sell will shift the tsv and up to a point it will but its a risk not worth taking

Yes exactly....remember Chloe's hard sell on that Jay Manuel tsv......she shrieked at everyone to buy, it was the best thing ever etc and it totally bombed!

Latest posts

Back