Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IDEAL WORLD BRINGS YOU WATCH WEEK

Join us for a week dedicated to gorgeous timepieces where you can save up to 40% from 9pm on Sunday 12th November.

Join Ideal World this week, where we will be sharing some of our most popular brands at unbelievable prices. From our old favourites Vostok Europe to newer brands such as Karen Millen and Timberland, there is sure to be something to suit everyone.

Ideal World will be hosting a variety of shows throughout the week, offering limited editions, gifts with purchases and even UK and World exclusives.....

READ MORE

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Simon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peter Simon

I watched the launch of the POTD last night presented by Peter Simon. Why oh why is he allowed to present fashion? it was embarrassing to watch his hands on the models in most inappropriate places. If I had been in their place he would have received a slap round the face!

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I see PS name in the title of a thread, I cringe but have to read. It's a bit like seeing him on screen - you cringe but have to watch: just how bad is he going to be this time? how inappropriate, revolting, smutty?

4.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

It is cringe worthy ,I cannot watch him for more than a few minutes.Lynn seemed to deal with him OK but I had to switch over. At the beginning he started with a monologue that sounded like he thought he was playing Shakespeare or something. He really does have a high opinion of himself.

Post Thanks / Like

This has been a regular topic, and has been commented on here many times about his wandering hands. He always seems to get away with it. I think he needs to be stopped, quick smart. If his behaviour is acceptable to IW, then goodness only knows how much lower standards can go. Most, if not all of the presenters seem to be getting more manic. I don't believe IW when they spout this is a record busting, best year ever. I have it on in the background, and get bit fed up with the screeching, shouting, constant surprises of amazement, regular incorrect prices of one easy pay being the full price giving the wrong price impression. Don't get me started on the ever decreasing list of goods on offer. Oh, and get ready for the fitness stuff on it's way for the next 6 months. Gawd help us all!
      Thanks Petespants thanked for this post
      Likes S C O, historymystery liked this post

Why are we still watching this tripe? Busiest part of the show, (SHOW?... Ha), meltdown, web, baskets, right. I will resist, must resist, Oooooooh boy do I need a holiday!
      I never drink alcohol before 1 pm, surely it must be 1 pm somewhere in the World. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
      Whenever I see PS name in the title of a thread, I cringe but have to read. It's a bit like seeing him on screen - you cringe but have to watch: just how bad is he going to be this time? how inappropriate, revolting, smutty?
      I've got a bottle of champagne on ice and I'm going to pop it open the day Peter Simon finishes a sentence and doesn't say "not only" The champagne will soon be vintage. I think Ideal World mistakenly take him as popular instead of the blundering, foolish ball of sexual innuendos that he is.

Post Thanks / Like

With his smutty so-called "jokes", 1970's "humour", lack of proper preparation, his mis-information and disingenuous comments I cannot imagine for one minute that a reputable channel would employ him. A good presenter is one who has done their homework about the product, so they can give the viewer (or encourage the guest to tell the viewer) what they need to know to make a purchase. Instead of which, Pete hides behind a string of silly comments, innuendoes and superlatives that tell you diddly-squat - all done to hide a lack of knowledge - but still they don't take him to task.

In my opinion, IW have already scraped the barrel employing the ex-Bid lot, so I don't think they are at all concerned about presenters' behaviour - on the contrary. But in fairness, I don't think IW are the only 'manic' ones by a long chalk - all the selly telly presenters are getting increasingly manic, with Gemporia's current crop of presenters increasingly shouting and over-acting. I rarely watch any of the channels for longer than about 3 minutes these days because I just cannot stand the assault on my eardrums, and can't be bothered to keep putting them on mute.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
      This has been a regular topic, and has been commented on here many times about his wandering hands. He always seems to get away with it. I think he needs to be stopped, quick smart. If his behaviour is acceptable to IW, then goodness only knows how much lower standards can go. Most, if not all of the presenters seem to be getting more manic. I don't believe IW when they spout this is a record busting, best year ever. I have it on in the background, and get bit fed up with the screeching, shouting, constant surprises of amazement, regular incorrect prices of one easy pay being the full price giving the wrong price impression. Don't get me started on the ever decreasing list of goods on offer. Oh, and get ready for the fitness stuff on it's way for the next 6 months. Gawd help us all!
      Likes S C O, maymorganlondon , Petespants liked this post

9.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      With his smutty so-called "jokes", 1970's "humour", lack of proper preparation, his mis-information and disingenuous comments I cannot imagine for one minute that a reputable channel would employ him. A good presenter is one who has done their homework about the product, so they can give the viewer (or encourage the guest to tell the viewer) what they need to know to make a purchase. Instead of which, Pete hides behind a string of silly comments, innuendoes and superlatives that tell you diddly-squat - all done to hide a lack of knowledge - but still they don't take him to task.

In my opinion, IW have already scraped the barrel employing the ex-Bid lot, so I don't think they are at all concerned about presenters' behaviour - on the contrary. But in fairness, I don't think IW are the only 'manic' ones by a long chalk - all the selly telly presenters are getting increasingly manic, with Gemporia's current crop of presenters increasingly shouting and over-acting. I rarely watch any of the channels for longer than about 3 minutes these days because I just cannot stand the assault on my eardrums, and can't be bothered to keep putting them on mute.
      I couldn't agree more, and I said on the SJ thread that the blame for these awful manic presentations lie with IW for employing these goons, and not trying to make them behave in a professional manner. Unless viewers and buyers disappear in their droves nothing will change, or the channel receives so many complaints that they get pulled off the air! These buggers are here to stay sadly!
      Thanks historymystery, Petespants thanked for this post
      Likes Muttley , S C O liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had IW on in background when my neighbour came in she never looks at shopping channels when she saw PS running his hands over the model and touching places he should not be touching she said that man is creepy then when she heard him ask the model to put her hand in his pocket and say he could make this bigger even i as a man was amazed what he was getting away with, speak to him IW please.
      Likes historymystery, S C O liked this post

12.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a time Steve Whatley had to face a court hearing about inappropriate behaviour towards female members of IW - why is this sleazeball allowed to get away with such offensive behaviour?
      Likes historymystery, S C O liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

He has real trouble with the 'interlock twist yarn' and he says it many, many times in the hour. Can he not say 'polyester'?

He's just said 'interlick'
      Likes backstreetgirl , historymystery liked this post