Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe Dirty Peter has been canned, he’s no longer listed as a Goon.

I wonder what he’ll do now, would anyone else have him?

Are there any other Selly Telly channels that are even lower rent than Ideal World that might give him a go? :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/our-presenters?icn=f_fb-04_our-presenters&ici=f_fb-04

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought they would have removed his profile just for being suspended. We will have to wait and see.

As a sincere tribute to a non BAFTA winning ex-presenter, Peter Simon’s “Good luck if you get it!” catchphrase becomes, “Good luck now you’ve got it!” (his comeuppance, that is).

Hopefully he will not return ...

Have to say I only found out today about this kerfuffle - odious man.

On this sad occasion let’s remember some of Dirty Peter’s best bits, courtesy of ‘Peter Simon Says’ on Twitter : -

"They are designated as not only single masculine design of watches, they are bespoked original conception”
“These inspire. They derive innovation. They are distinction and craftsmanship and the preferred choice of individuals”
“It is quite simply a work of horology of art”
"From enthusiast to amateur, from young to old, to female to the man in your life, a shimmering splendour of 2018"
"What you are getting is bliss of sleep of technology”
"It's not only original, it's not only perfection of time, originality, individuality, and they're much sought after”
“When I first saw the design of this dress, it encompassed everything I've ever known”
"It's viscose. It's breathable. It's stunning”
"It's not only as a workbench, it's not only as a hopper, it's not only as a troller and a creeper”
"Take the moment. Call the number. This is a family, a love. This is first come first served”
“So enamoured am I that, oh look at this!, it’s £42.50 on flexipay”

So farewell Dirty Peter, right. :mysmilie_59:

310E4E8B-703D-47A4-9AA9-5D75C74F772A.jpeg

He continually was pushing the boundaries, and seemed to top each one with something worse. This may have been the straw that broke the camels back.

Perhaps a recent change of owner could also have had an effect; Aurelius may be less tolerant of that sort of behaviour compared to Ideal World's previous owners. Or Peter might have been warned about his conduct on a previous occasion and he had broken an agreement relating to his behaviour. Would Ideal World still dump him if similar remark(s) were unreported by the media? The cynic inside of me says they wouldn't.

Alternatively, Peter Simon simply broke the cardinal sin of shopping telly: Never insult your customers (unless saying that a £70 smartphone is better than a £700 smartphone).

Perhaps a recent change of owner could also have had an effect; Aurelius may be less tolerant of that sort of behaviour compared to Ideal World's previous owners. Or Peter might have been warned about his conduct on a previous occasion and he had broken an agreement relating to his behaviour. Would Ideal World still dump him if similar remark(s) were unreported by the media? The cynic inside of me says they wouldn't.

Alternatively, Peter Simon simply broke the cardinal sin of shopping telly: Never insult your customers (unless saying that a £70 smartphone is better than a £700 smartphone).

I think on some level it exposes who they know/assume their audience to be.

I'm sure he wouldn't have insulted immigrants if there were statistics that they were buying his tat.

I was just watching the appalling Genpleaseleave, who was shilling a rather ugly looking Leather Coat. The ‘show’ had literally just started and it was already ‘incredibly busy’ for the ‘most luxurious Nappa Leather’ Coat.

Of course Nappa Leather doesn’t mean anything. It’s a spurious, vey ambiguous, marketing term to imply that invariably cheap (albeit soft) generic Leather is something special. A quick look at the product description (or lack of one) confirms the ‘Nappa Leather’ could be any old Leather really, there is not even a mention what kind of Animal (or more likely Animals) the hide even comes from.

Genpleaseleave was waiting for the on screen caption to appear, which clearly took longer than she wanted it to. Like Dirty Peter she got pretty snappy with the production team. In fairness she didn’t enter into a bigoted rant though, but she was obviously annoyed.

What is it with these Angry Goons. Trouble at Mill? :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/woodland-leather-ladies-drawstring-parka-with-cuffs-302597

They have that same coat as their Pick Of The Day for years now. They must have warehouses full of them.

Indeed Donna. It’s always the same old on Ideal World.

The same old overpriced low rent products, the same old excruciating Goons, spewing out the same old inane, vapid, often ambiguous drivel. The endless ‘We’re incredibly busy’ bile is like the chant of a brainwashed cult.

If they’re so incredibly busy then why did they have to get rescued by a Turnaround Investor? :mysmilie_59:

As far as I can tell 'The Big Audition' is a six part realty show , with one of the episodes dealing with Ideal World.
Peter Simon is one of the IW 'judges'.
It is ironic that he should have imploded on live on air in the period between the show being recorded and being broadcast.
No doubt he will watch it from home though -him and Bet on the bonded leather sofa.

Latest posts

Back