Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Lisa Riley’s Back and Better Than Ever With Her Brand New Autumn Clothing Line, Exclusively at Ideal World

We’re excited to announce that TV favourite and Loose Women panellist Lisa Riley is returning to Ideal World with style to unveil her brand new autumn clothing line.

After winning multiple plus size awards, Lisa decided to launch her own clothing label ‘Just Be You’ exclusively with Ideal World to overcome the disappointment in styles previously offered to her. After sharing her amazing weight loss journey with the nation, Lisa created her collection of clothing and garments to make you feel “confident, sexy and beautiful.”

The TV favourite says “Of all my collections with Ideal World, this is by far my ultimate favourite. I feel the fabrics, colours and the unique “me” style comes across 100%. It is fashion for everyone. I hope you love it as much as I do!”

Read More

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Peter Simon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peter Simon

I watched the launch of the POTD last night presented by Peter Simon. Why oh why is he allowed to present fashion? it was embarrassing to watch his hands on the models in most inappropriate places. If I had been in their place he would have received a slap round the face!

2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paz View Post
      Because up until now I wasn't given any reason to believe I'd get a genuine response, so resorted to playing along with the tirade of personal dislike dumped on someone who is, after all, just someone making a living having a laugh whilst presenting on a shopping channel.

But thanks for your considered response. To give my answer to your points -

I'm sure that if Peter's handling of the model's clothing were any kind of problem, it would have been addressed off-camera by now, and any objections dealt with. I don't think Peter is a heterosexual (despite his various accounts of 'Bet', who I think is intended as a fictitious 'prop', much in the spirit of Larry Grayson's 'Slack Alice' etc) - not that that's any of my business - so has no personal gratification getting close to female models.

I think the accusation of deception would be valid regarding flexi-pay were the information not liberally shown on screen at all times. Any newcomer to Ideal World can, I think, easily spot the price at the bottom, and the divisions of that proce at the top. I think it's all fairly clear. He does forget to mention the intricacies of flexi-pay, but then doesn't always actually reach the end of a sentence!

Peter's innuendo. There I partially agree. Occasionally, I do find it inappropriate, but not excessive. It's on-the-edge silliness, and occasionally, it goes over the edge. I do feel that this kind of thing is more liberally used the later in the schedule he is.

Anyway, thanks for not resorting to the kind of name-calling used elsewhere on this often vitriolic thread.

L.
      It shouldn't be ok (to manhandle the models) JUST because he is gay though.

› See More: Peter Simon
      ''now that's a lot of great sound, I know great sound''

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S C O View Post
      Paz genuine question, The last statement you made in the final sentance you have picked up on "name calling / vitriliic thread" that obviously doesnt sit well with you at all.

So (In your opinion) do you think most posters would be saying these things if the quality and professionalism of the IW presenters was higher?

Example being Peter NEVER ends a sentance and NEVER says clearly its £100 or 4 flexi payments of £25....No no no Peter happily rolls out "buy this now its £25 today" thats it zip zilch nada nothing else said!

So in my opinion as stated previously most posters comment on what a presenter says and does and once a reputation is built up by an individual...........its like the old saying goes usually...........no smoke without fire.
      You say you are asking a genuine question, and then go on to tell me how Peter NEVER finishes a sentence (which he quite clearly does. Not all the time, but he does), and he NEVER mentions the flexi-pay instalments (which he quite clearly does. Not all the time, but he does). You are basing your question on at least two untruths - and telling untruths is what Peter is often accused of.

If we're rolling out cliches, you say 'no smoke without fire', I say 'two wrongs don't make a right.'

So (In your opinion) do you think most posters would be saying these things if the quality and professionalism of the IW presenters was higher?
      I take your point, but I doubt it. If Peter was sacked tomorrow, people would simply complain about the rest of the presenters. It seems to be default setting. Complain, moan and whinge. If Ideal World was closed down, people would complain about other television channels. If television didn't exist, people would complain about something else.

Rather than listing down Peter's comments etc, why don't people watch/do something else if he is clearly so detestable? Surely there are many other people in the media more deserving of such unabashed hatred? I just find it odd that a presenter on a Shopping Channel should attract such bile, other than reasons of boredom of those who - let's be honest - make the choice to watch him.

Thank you for your question.

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
      It shouldn't be ok (to manhandle the models) JUST because he is gay though.
      Yep - absolutely fair point. But is he really manhandling them? I don't watch him all the time - usually on a Friday night - and I see him touching the fabric and the items, but as I said, I'm sure if there was any problem, it would have been addressed before hand. And, the girls are models - they are there to display the clothes and have the clothes displayed. That is all Peter is doing, at least as far as I can see.

7.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

You say you are asking a genuine question, and then go on to tell me how Peter NEVER finishes a sentence (which he quite clearly does. Not all the time, but he does), and he NEVER mentions the flexi-pay instalments (which he quite clearly does. Not all the time, but he does). You are basing your question on at least two untruths - and telling untruths is what Peter is often accused of.

If we're rolling out cliches, you say 'no smoke without fire', I say 'two wrongs don't make a right.'

I take your point, but I doubt it. If Peter was sacked tomorrow, people would simply complain about the rest of the presenters. It seems to be default setting. Complain, moan and whinge. If Ideal World was closed down, people would complain about other television channels. If television didn't exist, people would complain about something else.

Rather than listing down Peter's comments etc, why don't people watch/do something else if he is clearly so detestable? Surely there are many other people in the media more deserving of such unabashed hatred? I just find it odd that a presenter on a Shopping Channel should attract such bile, other than reasons of boredom of those who - let's be honest - make the choice to watch him.

Thank you for your question.
      Thanks for taking the time to reply, Let me amend a few of my previous points, 90% Peter NEVER finishes a sentance and 90% of the time Peter NEVER gives the full price of an item.

Hatred? Eh sorry I dont agree..............Most of us are simply pointing out things that we dont agree with thats all, nothing more sinister at my end Paz, I certainly dont wish ill on anyone.
      Last edited by S C O; 15-09-2017 at 04:58 PM.
      Thanks Paz thanked for this post

9.    Price Crash

Post Thanks / Like

Yep - absolutely fair point. But is he really manhandling them? I don't watch him all the time - usually on a Friday night - and I see him touching the fabric and the items, but as I said, I'm sure if there was any problem, it would have been addressed before hand. And, the girls are models - they are there to display the clothes and have the clothes displayed. That is all Peter is doing, at least as far as I can see.
      Personally I have no problem with you enjoying his act/shtick. (this probably should go without saying.. ) but you need to be prepared to be challenged on pretty much anything positive you say about the guy.

Surely he could touch the fabric, without them being inside it at the same time though. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they don't mind at all but still I feel it's inappropriate even if he is gay. It shouldn't be a licence to touch. We'd all go mad it Mike Mason did it.
      ''now that's a lot of great sound, I know great sound''

11.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
      Personally I have no problem with you enjoying his act/shtick. (this probably should go without saying.. ) but you need to be prepared to be challenged on pretty much anything positive you say about the guy.

Surely he could touch the fabric, without them being inside it at the same time though. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they don't mind at all but still I feel it's inappropriate even if he is gay. It shouldn't be a licence to touch. We'd all go mad it Mike Mason did it.
      Oh, I am prepared to be challenged on being positive about anything. It just surprises me how much people seem to enjoy laying into Peter, that's all, and investing so much time in doing so, and then feeling sure I must either be Peter himself (or Bet!) for actually enjoying his shows. I'm not sure I need to be prepared for that!
      Likes mr tom liked this post

13.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my stars, he's vomit-inducing but obviously someone at IW thinks this is the height of wit (yes, I did say 'wit' but what it actually is rhymes with another, far more descriptive word). [QUOTE=Mommabear;905307]
      Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      Oh you are awful, Mommabear......but I like you! (as the late, great Dick Emery would have said!). However, I feel bound to add "in his dreams"!!!!

Well I did catch him the other day, with his hand near his nether regions, saying it's been a while since anybody's been down there. Yes, he said 'anybody'........not vacuum nozzles

You'd never think this talk was from a shopping channel would you?
      Likes Mommabear liked this post

15.    Sponsored Link

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising