Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yeah I'll echo that...pedelecs is a great place to get information.

I was initially looking at the Oxygen STB, but it has shot up in price somewhat since I last checked it out (it's currently around £1500 :( )

Then someone there recommended one on Amazon, and I have watched a fair few videos now all with good things to say. This bike here https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079P3H2BG/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

An Ancheer mountain bike. Great specs, and a nice looker to (imo of course) and at £555 it isn't a million miles away from the prices IW charge.

Thick?, stupid? or both?

'Mandarin lines' = Marionette lines

'Tommy Hollis' = Tammy Hollis (he just can't seem to get this one right EVER. Niki did correct him last night, doubt it will make any difference)

Has he ever dared to try 'décolletage', or is that a bit too foreign for IW?
He has said 'décolletaire' on more than one occasion (Google doesn't recognise it as a word in any language unless I've spelt it wrong!) so I assume that's what he was trying to refer to. Also he can never say 'Avenir' when referring to the maker of Energizer smartphones.

God forbid that Vostok ( of Ekranoplan fame ) and Sturmanskie ever join forces.
He would have to get his gums around a Strewmansky erankoplank

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/hair-removal-with-nono-pro-2729230?channel=IW

This was shown on Friday and repeated this morning...At least 3 times the lying presenter said you are getting £80 worth of freebies and all we want is £40....That is outright deception because it was £40 on 4 flexis which was not mentioned....Oh it is at 3.50 and he says £40 twice in 30 seconds..ASA me thinks

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/hair-removal-with-nono-pro-2729230?channel=IW

This was shown on Friday and repeated this morning...At least 3 times the lying presenter said you are getting £80 worth of freebies and all we want is £40....That is outright deception because it was £40 on 4 flexis which was not mentioned....Oh it is at 3.50 and he says £40 twice in 30 seconds..ASA me thinks

Dirty Peter is always pulling this trick, he always has.

To try and be balanced I have heard similar tricks pulled by a few of the Goons on QVC but nowhere near as frequently as by this Schlock.

It’s such a shame that a once very decent channel feels the need to hire such a sneak but I guess it says a lot about Ideal World these days.

He makes me itch :puke:

Dirty Peter is always pulling this trick, he always has.

To try and be balanced I have heard similar tricks pulled by a few of the Goons on QVC but nowhere near as frequently as by this Schlock.

It’s such a shame that a once very decent channel feels the need to hire such a sneak but I guess it says a lot about Ideal World these days.

He makes me itch :puke:

And we mustn't forget that his tactics must be fully endorsed by all levels of management at Ideal World for them to be permitted, which simply underlines how disreputable they are nowadays (or indeed have been for some time).

And we mustn't forget that his tactics must be fully endorsed by all levels of management at Ideal World for them to be permitted, which simply underlines how disreputable they are nowadays (or indeed have been for some time).

They must of known about his record with the ASA. The funny thing is, he’s absolutely right at home now.

There’s surely nowhere else that’s more suited to him :mysmilie_59:

Come on now guys, sometimes he tells it as it is, no waffling, no b*llsh*t, just straight facts. I know this because when watching a few mins of him presenting a watch show the other night, he advised viewers the watch they were about to sell 'is being talked about by the industry as one of thee most important watches of the 21st century ...' or words to that effect.

Yes, there on IW, for £399, you could buy a watch that experts globally consider to be one of the most important watches not this year, not this decade, but this century. Thanks Peter, due to your amazing insight I decided to buy 10 of them.

To be honest, joking aside, I don't even find it funny, whether it's this muppet or any of them. Ok they are there to sell, ok you need to expect a degree of 'truth bending' from sales people, however when they come out with complete and utter far fetched drivel, I think they should be slapped by the camera operator with a wet fish.

And the way he just about wets himself sometimes is nothing short of embarrassing. Demonstrator starts pressing buttons on a table-top cooker, Peter starts laughing and whooping and saying stuff like 'I mean come on, lol lol, I mean ... just buy ... JUST BUY!!!' acting as though he's just been shown the secret to eternal youth as oppose to the pre-heat function on a £69.99 common as muck cooker.

He's a muppet of the first order.

Sadly all of Peter Simon's shows have been removed from the Ideal World website (though understandable). Peter Simon allegedly got angry due to a technical glitch during a Dormeo mattress show he presented at 10pm last Thursday (when Peter said "on the Dormeo website" it should have triggered a display of said website but for whatever reason(s) this didn't happen; I've seen something similar happen before), and as a result of his frustration he then blurted out “Unless you’re Polish or you’re from Latvian countries and you just shouldn’t be here...”

Uh-oh.

Peter has since apologised for his comments but Ideal World have suspended him for the time being whilst they conduct an internal review. Peter may have been 'entertaining' but judging from his past behaviour he was also a major liability waiting to happen, and whilst it's true that many of his mistakes were amusing (for example, referring to Android as 'Andrew'), any television presenter cannot afford to, ahem, run the risk. Presenters need to think on their feet and perform under pressure, competently handling varied and conflicting demands of live television especially when things go wrong as they inevitably do, and Peter Simon it seems was incapable of doing that task.

This could be a tragic end for Peter Simon's career...

Oh dear just listened to it, he is a horrible man, bet he treats everyone the same with no respect

No great miss for me silly devil does he not realize no one is allowed to make remarks about another race now in this enlightened society.

Sadly all of Peter Simon's shows have been removed from the Ideal World website (though understandable). Peter Simon allegedly got angry due to a technical glitch during a Dormeo mattress show he presented at 10pm last Thursday (when Peter said "on the Dormeo website" it should have triggered a display of said website but for whatever reason(s) this didn't happen; I've seen something similar happen before), and as a result of his frustration he then blurted out “Unless you’re Polish or you’re from Latvian countries and you just shouldn’t be here...”

Uh-oh.

Peter has since apologised for his comments but Ideal World have suspended him for the time being whilst they conduct an internal review. Peter may have been 'entertaining' but judging from his past behaviour he was also a major liability waiting to happen, and whilst it's true that many of his mistakes were amusing (for example, referring to Android as 'Andrew'), any television presenter cannot afford to, ahem, run the risk. Presenters need to think on their feet and perform under pressure, competently handling varied and conflicting demands of live television especially when things go wrong as they inevitably do, and Peter Simon it seems was incapable of doing that task.

This could be a tragic end for Peter Simon's career...

Great, wonderful, marvellous - - - I'll buy that

Peter Simon seems to me to come across as a bit of a loose cannon and a liability. I'm not surprised his comments have had him removed, for however long he is off air is up for debate.

Latest posts

Back