Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember when people thought I was one of the bid presenters because I didn't slag off bid in every post (just most of them)

Too right - I caught 5 minutes of a fashion hour (Nicole?) the other day, and he was performing his usual antics, literally going hysterical about a trouser suit outfit (the trousers of which were so full of static that they were clinging to the model's legs, which was not a good look unless you were once a fan of Max Wall, and they badly needed a soak in some fabric conditioner). He claimed that he'd "arranged" the hour, had been trying to get this hour to screen for yonks, etc. etc. Full of himself just didn't cover it, the man has an ego the size of America, and how anyone in their right mind would put him on for a fashion hour, just beggars belief. (Apologies to those of you not old enough to remember Max Wall, but take it from me his trousers were skin-tight and somewhat unflattering).

I find him creepy in an uncomfortable and unwholesome way.He also takes advantage of his (ha ha) status to appear to manhandle the models on occasions.If a person was to do that in any other profession they would be in trouble. His innuendos,whilst not the worst,are not appropriate for a so called 'family 'channel.Neither are his gestures or posturing. e.g rolling in feigned ecstasy selling a massager. He also needs to make sure he concentrates on his job-selling products accurately and fairly.I too have experienced the humour and language used in services such as the police and it doesn't bother me.On TV when a person such as Dean or Nigel have a cheeky joke it is all in fun and inoffensive to noone.PS seems to be different and causes controversy.Something must be amiss and only the fans cannot see it.

Last edited:
Didn:t he say too he'd been involved with fashion for 50 years or did I not hear him correctly ? Is he a would be frustrated actor ... The way he goes on spouting utter twaddle!!

Really strange earlier he was on with Joe selling a Bamix (well Joe was trying his best to advise the viewer about the product and sell the product etc etc) But as usual Peter was doing his best to put any potential buyers off from buying the product, He was a mess with his prices as they have a £5 off voucher running at the moment so you can imagine the state of Peter!

Joe...........Was steady as you go this is what it can do this is how you do it and so on trying his best.

Peter.......Get this 5 10 15 Code, Voucher £29.50.....hmmm £30 get h.........home, full price code 5 price £28......No buy now code for £50 off eh £5 off, 15% gone, price £32....eh 50? No that cant b.........25% gone, Voucher code 5 10...........get it home for £3.....eh 00 eh £29......get £5 off with this code! Now 40% gone, get on the phones the number is 0......thats 55% gone with this code, get 2 for £40......no £3250 (WHAT THOUSAND???) mind the £5 off!!!!

Just a total farce, ok act simple if you must but how hard can it be to simply say its £100 or 4 flexi payments of £25 and get a £5 off today with the voucher code 5 10 15........................????

It's not a coincidence that Peter "simple" Simon has a "P" on his apron, oh no it's not in case he forgets his name and needs a gentle reminder, it actually stands for "Prick"

Too right - I caught 5 minutes of a fashion hour (Nicole?) the other day, and he was performing his usual antics, literally going hysterical about a trouser suit outfit (the trousers of which were so full of static that they were clinging to the model's legs, which was not a good look unless you were once a fan of Max Wall, and they badly needed a soak in some fabric conditioner). He claimed that he'd "arranged" the hour, had been trying to get this hour to screen for yonks, etc. etc. Full of himself just didn't cover it, the man has an ego the size of America, and how anyone in their right mind would put him on for a fashion hour, just beggars belief. (Apologies to those of you not old enough to remember Max Wall, but take it from me his trousers were skin-tight and somewhat unflattering).

Love the Max Wall reference, I am old enough to remember him. Not a good look on a model trying to show the product the best that she can for the viewer. I'm sorry I missed that!

Yes, he did, and you've just reminded me - didn't he say to the model that he'd known her from years back, something like working together 40 years ago? The smile on her face went rather rigid, clenched teeth at that point!! I bet she could have slaughtered him, but it's all of a piece with the shrieking and over-acting....He's an actor, a comedian, a presenter, a fashion 'Guru'....and all of these descriptions should have the word 'failed' in front of them.:mysmilie_59:
Didn:t he say too he'd been involved with fashion for 50 years or did I not hear him correctly ? Is he a would be frustrated actor ... The way he goes on spouting utter twaddle!!

In fairness, the trouser suit outfit seemed a snip for the price - vest-type top, cardigan/jacket with pleated detail on the back (which I thought looked quite attractive) and pair of harem-style pants, all for about thirty quid, and in a good range of colours, too. But although harem pants are obviously not going to be loose below the knee, the fabric was overly clingy on the model's legs, and with Pete doing his impressions of a hyperactive buzzard around the studio, prancing in front of the model all the time, I reached for the remote.
Love the Max Wall reference, I am old enough to remember him. Not a good look on a model trying to show the product the best that she can for the viewer. I'm sorry I missed that!

Last edited:
I can't place him, going to have to look him up, I must have seen him on there at some point. He's probably buried deep in my subconscious somewhere, with the faces of the other eejits that have inhabited selly telly at some point in time (James Russell, anyone?). And while we're on the subject - Bring back Marv to Q, I say.:mysmilie_13:
How could I forget the legend that was Guy Keane! He had an interesting selling technique "if you break your leg because you haven't bought this product don't come running to me" said quite sternly, ie not a joke. Legend!

Really strange earlier he was on with Joe selling a Bamix (well Joe was trying his best to advise the viewer about the product and sell the product etc etc) But as usual Peter was doing his best to put any potential buyers off from buying the product, He was a mess with his prices as they have a £5 off voucher running at the moment so you can imagine the state of Peter!

Joe...........Was steady as you go this is what it can do this is how you do it and so on trying his best.

Peter.......Get this 5 10 15 Code, Voucher £29.50.....hmmm £30 get h.........home, full price code 5 price £28......No buy now code for £50 off eh £5 off, 15% gone, price £32....eh 50? No that cant b.........25% gone, Voucher code 5 10...........get it home for £3.....eh 00 eh £29......get £5 off with this code! Now 40% gone, get on the phones the number is 0......thats 55% gone with this code, get 2 for £40......no £3250 (WHAT THOUSAND???) mind the £5 off!!!!

Just a total farce, ok act simple if you must but how hard can it be to simply say its £100 or 4 flexi payments of £25 and get a £5 off today with the voucher code 5 10 15........................????

I might have to go back and watch that :mysmilie_19:

Later with his 'dolmeo' hour, he got more organised and had all the flexi price differences written down on a sheet of paper :mysmilie_15:

What a Plonker

It's not a coincidence that Peter "simple" Simon has a "P" on his apron, oh no it's not in case he forgets his name and needs a gentle reminder, it actually stands for "Prick"

Apologies for the quality but here's Peter with his 'P' apron:

peterapron.jpg

:mysmilie_15:

I can't place him, going to have to look him up, I must have seen him on there at some point. He's probably buried deep in my subconscious somewhere, with the faces of the other eejits that have inhabited selly telly at some point in time (James Russell, anyone?). And while we're on the subject - Bring back Marv to Q, I say.:mysmilie_13:

Oh H he was a legend. I recall he was on early mornings, I used to watch a bit while getting ready for work. He was an older chap, quite sarcastic and rude. Not exactly good selling techniques! He really was the "don't come running to me" type of person. However he was also the type "this would have made my old dad's life so much better" blah blah emotional blackmail type of thing.

Well, Muttley, it sounds like a certain Howard "the bowels" picked up some ideas from the legendary Keane - nearly everyone in Howard's circle of friends/family had some ailment that a mattress/mobility scooter/electric radiator, etc. etc. would have made so much better. I used to wonder where he'd got his sob story ideas from. Might have known they'd been nicked from what sounds like a Maestro in sarcasm coupled with a nice line in tear-jerker stories! At least Keane had some entertainment value, which is more than you can say for Howard's bowels.

Oh H he was a legend. I recall he was on early mornings, I used to watch a bit while getting ready for work. He was an older chap, quite sarcastic and rude. Not exactly good selling techniques! He really was the "don't come running to me" type of person. However he was also the type "this would have made my old dad's life so much better" blah blah emotional blackmail type of thing.

Latest posts

Back