Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm still laughing about this comment, thanks Momma! Priceless, and just sums up IW!!:mysmilie_61:

They showed a print of a house that he wants to retire to. So he has two now because that's a different house to the one he said he wanted to retire to a while back. Whichever it is, I wish he would get his wish and bugga off and retire there, silly twerp.

Isn't the 'art expert' the guy that does the garden furniture in the summer?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean to say you missed his debut on Gems? Shame on you, is all I have to say - please do better next time :sad::giggle: On a more serious note, he was so diabolical (had no product knowledge whatsoever, collapsed on the floor, claiming he felt faint because of the low prices, and smarmed and drooled all over Rachel the presenter, who is about 35 years his junior, while her face turned the subtle shade of pale green that you do before you vomit). Petespants, if you missed it, you missed a rare treat. Shortly afterwards, after boasting that he had to pass gemstone exams because he was now working at Gems, it seems he was given the Royal Order of the Boot in the Rear

I think he has worked just about everywhere hasn't he?Didn't last long at Gems for some reason.He has a fan page on FB where he's seen as a God of tv entertainment. Well I told some facts on IW FB and got blocked.

Last edited:
Do you mean to say you missed his debut on Gems? Shame on you, is all I have to say - please do better next time :sad::giggle: On a more serious note, he was so diabolical (had no product knowledge whatsoever, collapsed on the floor, claiming he felt faint because of the low prices, and smarmed and drooled all over Rachel the presenter, who is about 35 years his junior, while her face turned the subtle shade of pale green that you do before you vomit). Petespants, if you missed it, you missed a rare treat. Shortly afterwards, after boasting that he had to pass gemstone exams because he was now working at Gems, it seems he was given the Royal Order of the Boot in the Rear

Oh I saw him on Gems once.He was talking c***(as usual)However,I didn't get to see the Famous Fainting Fiasco.When you said and I quote ...."please do better next time"; are you saying I should generally keep up with things in the world of shopping TV or.......Do you think there's a chance of old Pete rejoining Gems as a renowned expert?Apparently he did the exams and he's already half way there with his watch hours.

Your selly telly knowledge is tops, but in the interests of humanity, I hereby nominate you to watch Gems constantly, just in case he re-appears (the way things are going at Gems, I wouldn't be at all surprised). Should this happen, your task is to then immediately alert the rest of the world asap. I'll leave the logistics entirely up to you. Slapped wrists, though, for missing The Famous Fainting Fiasco. For some reason known only to him, he was rather fond of getting down on the floor during the brief period he lasted at Gems, also slumping across the desk in fake amazement (or perhaps they'd given him the job of checking the work of the cleaners or whether the desk needed French polishing?). They must have had a record number of complaints about him, did you see Steve Bennett come on one evening, and make a sarky comment about his behaviour? He was telling him to pull himself together and although it was all done in a jokey way, you could tell he meant it. Shortly after that he was gone.:giggle:

Oh I saw him on Gems once.He was talking c***(as usual)However,I didn't get to see the Famous Fainting Fiasco.When you said and I quote ...."please do better next time"; are you saying I should generally keep up with things in the world of shopping TV or.......Do you think there's a chance of old Pete rejoining Gems as a renowned expert?Apparently he did the exams and he's already half way there with his watch hours.

Am I the only person who hasn't heard anything about Our Bet lately? Has there been a divorce? I think we should be told...

Your selly telly knowledge is tops, but in the interests of humanity, I hereby nominate you to watch Gems constantly, just in case he re-appears (the way things are going at Gems, I wouldn't be at all surprised). Should this happen, your task is to then immediately alert the rest of the world asap. I'll leave the logistics entirely up to you. Slapped wrists, though, for missing The Famous Fainting Fiasco. For some reason known only to him, he was rather fond of getting down on the floor during the brief period he lasted at Gems, also slumping across the desk in fake amazement (or perhaps they'd given him the job of checking the work of the cleaners or whether the desk needed French polishing?). They must have had a record number of complaints about him, did you see Steve Bennett come on one evening, and make a sarky comment about his behaviour? He was telling him to pull himself together and although it was all done in a jokey way, you could tell he meant it. Shortly after that he was gone.:giggle:

If this is true, which I'm sure it is, then wtf are IW playing at? Firstly he's come from a channel that was closed down due to it's lies and misleading sales tactics amongst other things, then he's fired from another channel for unprofessional behaviour (acting like a twonk) - He would not be my first choice of employee with a track record like that! - Or most sane person's for that matter - Says a lot about IW doesn't it?!

I think he has worked just about everywhere hasn't he?Didn't last long at Gems for some reason.He has a fan page on FB where he's seen as a God of tv entertainment. Well I told some facts on IW FB and got blocked.
I like getting blocked on arsebook, shows that you are close to the truth and have hit home. Thank heaven for multiple email account..

Howard Griffiths, Done an hour of the Fashion POTD, that day they were giving a torch away for free.

Howard literally had the Torch up Lin Harvey's outfit she was wearing, to show us there the fabric was heavy and thin.

Lin was giggling and going like ooh ooh.

The only sensible thing Steve Bennett ever did was get rid of him and for the record Peter "the fool" Simon, you'll never, ever be Les Dawson, no matter how many times you copy him and try and do that side boob pushing thing that Les made his own. Les was loved and respected as a comic by the entire nation, Peter Simon the failed entertainer on the other hand, is disliked and disrespected by the fraction of the nation who've ever heared of him.

Also, I hope Peter Simon realises that no one buys this "thanks for all your messages" crap, but nice try.

The only sensible thing Steve Bennett ever did was get rid of him and for the record Peter "the fool" Simon, you'll never, ever be Les Dawson, no matter how many times you copy him and try and do that side boob pushing thing that Les made his own. Les was loved and respected as a comic by the entire nation, Peter Simon the failed entertainer on the other hand, is disliked and disrespected by the fraction of the nation who've ever heared of him.

Also, I hope Peter Simon realises that no one buys this "thanks for all your messages" crap, but nice try.

He was on the other day clutching a couple of Christmas cards, probably the same ones he drags out every year. He has to remark on his charitable act of sending the stamps to some hospital and of course it gives him the chance to mention sending a signed pic of his mug to everyone that sends a card in!

I suppose you could put it on the dartboard over Christmas.

I know where I'd put any Christmas card or signed photo he sent to me.....well, call me crude if you like, but with extra guests we might run a bit short of loo roll over the holidays, so the 'smallest room' seems the best solution! Can any plumbers out there confirm that you can re-use Xmas cards without blocking the loo? If you can't, then I'm going to have to rack my brains for another solution......perhaps a competition is called for - what's the best thing to do with an unwanted Pope Pete Xmas card or signed mugshot. OK, you lot, try to keep it clean, even if I couldn't manage it!
By the way, Momma, I bet those cards were sent to him in 1970 (1870?).

He was on the other day clutching a couple of Christmas cards, probably the same ones he drags out every year. He has to remark on his charitable act of sending the stamps to some hospital and of course it gives him the chance to mention sending a signed pic of his mug to everyone that sends a card in!

I suppose you could put it on the dartboard over Christmas.

The official reason was that he was only there on a temporary contract, but why would anyone there on a temporary contract have to sit gem exams, which he confirmed he had to do as he was now working for them? In fact, he made a big thing out of it, saying the presenters are regularly tested on their knowledge (which other presenters - such as Rod, Lynn, and Angeline have also said), and that now he was at Gems he would have to pass them each month, like everyone else. He tried to take his 1970's camp comedy routine to a channel that was, quite obviously, totally different from the market-stall barrow boy environment he'd come from - that's how stupid he was. But of course IW resemble Bid in the fact that they are more than happy to let the Bid leftovers ply their trade in the same way. On Gemporia, people were distinctly unimpressed with both his stupid acting routine and the mistakes he made - he was constantly having to be put right by the producer, because he'd given the wrong information. To Steve Bennett's credit, he did get rid of him pretty quickly, although not quick enough judging from some of the comments people made.

If this is true, which I'm sure it is, then wtf are IW playing at? Firstly he's come from a channel that was closed down due to it's lies and misleading sales tactics amongst other things, then he's fired from another channel for unprofessional behaviour (acting like a twonk) - He would not be my first choice of employee with a track record like that! - Or most sane person's for that matter - Says a lot about IW doesn't it?!

Last edited:
He gave out the same carp when he started at Gems - "thank you for all your wonderrrfulllll messages", or words to that effect. You've got to laugh, he pulls the same stunts time after time....he hasn't got an original bone in his body.

I was waiting for the Christmas Cards, just like he did at Bid. No surprises, there never are with him.

He's vile, no doubt about it. You have to give the old goat his due though, he is without any shadow of doubt the 'star' of this 'show'. And this 'show' is absolutely perfect for his 'talents'. He is the face of Ideal World in 2016, he encapsulates everything it now is.

Ideal World is about £1000 LUXURY Pleather Sofas, £1000+ Kevin Reynolds Schlock Clocks and of course the inexplicable Peter Simon. Their hosts aren't so much presenters as ringmasters, bear baiters, a hysterical hoodlum solely charged with steamrolling people into parting with money, even big money, for often unbelievably overpriced humdrum but all in installments.

So I think it's obvious why they hired him, he's perfect :mysmilie_59:

I was waiting for his get together with Holly Bell and his shortlisted place for Bake Off speech..........but not a word :mysmilie_5:

Maybe when he presents with Lisa Riley he'll mention SCD

I have missed out on a great deal of important information. I take any task seriously so will make every effort to keep an eye on the Gems /PS situation.Of course any developments will be reported immediately.

I was waiting for his get together with Holly Bell and his shortlisted place for Bake Off speech..........but not a word :mysmilie_5:

Maybe when he presents with Lisa Riley he'll mention SCD

Holly Hell (who let's remember LOST Bake Off) truly deserves Peter Simon. And perhaps he deserves to kop some of her raw chicken.

Whatever 'star' she and her advisors cooked up for her is now well and truly on the wane. First QVC (bad) then High Street TV (grim) and now Ideal World with Dirty Peter, cooking raw chicken.

Bake Off? More like Bog Off :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back