Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So when is DP off to the jungle then? He said on the watch launch show that if they didn't sell out he would "go into the jungle"......and he did warn us how few they had.

Better get packing DP old boy, they are all still available to buy on the site. In all 3 colours as well. Looks like there was no need to panic buy after all.

So when is DP off to the jungle then? He said on the watch launch show that if they didn't sell out he would "go into the jungle"......and he did warn us how few they had.

Better get packing DP old boy, they are all still available to buy on the site. In all 3 colours as well. Looks like there was no need to panic buy after all.

He wouldn't pass the physical to go on reality tv... based on what he says when he is shilling the products that suit that narrative.

Can't we send them all off to the jungle with no return plane ticket...

' Don't miss the next hour ' bellows Peter 'Christmas of '27!!!!!!'
You couldn't make it up.

Peter was wearing a bow tie this evening whilst fawning over the latest Mankey-Tosspot creations including another grossly-overpriced Edmond limited edition watch costing over £1000 which is honestly not worth the money. Ideal World must be desperate for those collectors :mysmilie_59:

Peter was wearing a bow tie this evening whilst fawning over the latest Mankey-Tosspot creations including another grossly-overpriced Edmond limited edition watch costing over £1000 which is honestly not worth the money. Ideal World must be desperate for those collectors :mysmilie_59:

'Mankey Tosspot' watches?

You are clearly exactly the kind of high class horology expert Ideal World are aiming for. Well done.

You are clearly exactly the kind of high class horology expert Ideal World are aiming for. Well done.

Well I honestly couldn't do worse than put a 24-hour bezel on a watch that doesn't have a 24-hour hand:

mankeytosspotroly.jpg
Or for that matter try to sell a watch for more than £2000 mainly on the basis that it has an ETA Valjoux movement that can also be found on watches less than £400, so when do I start? :mysmilie_59:

Well I honestly couldn't do worse than put a 24-hour bezel on a watch that doesn't have a 24-hour hand:

View attachment 15007
Or for that matter try to sell a watch for more than £2000 mainly on the basis that it has an ETA Valjoux movement that can also be found on watches less than £400, so when do I start? :mysmilie_59:

I wish PS would ask Kevinski how that 24 hour bezel works on that roly poly. They either used the wrong bezel or the wrong movement. How could they make a watch with such a glaring mistake!!! I would never wear that watch even if it were free.

There is also something wrong with that watch pictured. Look at the hour hand, it's almost half way between 10 and 11, but the minute hand is only on 10 past the hour. Hands have not been aligned properly.

Greetings Watch Pickers.

There’s another ‘Timepiece Collection’ coming up at 7.00pm, hosted by LITTLE GOLLUM & Caroline Garrard.

Miss it and you’ll miss out, all right? :mysmilie_59:

3EAADC1B-FA2E-4EC4-8199-FAC0C24CE808.jpgEFC12763-1E8D-40CD-8490-825C3A2C67D5.jpg

Can you name one ‘high class horology expert’ who has ever appeared on Ideal World? I can’t recall seeing anyone who would fit that description. Still, nice of you to recognize the ridiculous nature of the ‘expertise’ one can expect on Ideal World.

(You haven't mentioned the 'echo chamber' for a while...perhaps you could include a reference in a future post?:mysmilie_59:)

Caroline (Garrard) Jones, the watch expert who keeps telling us that you can't overwind a manual wind watch.

Oh can't ya now!!?

Can you name one ‘high class horology expert’ who has ever appeared on Ideal World? I can’t recall seeing anyone who would fit that description. Still, nice of you to recognize the ridiculous nature of the ‘expertise’ one can expect on Ideal World.

(You haven't mentioned the 'echo chamber' for a while...perhaps you could include a reference in a future post?:mysmilie_59:)

Clearly, I was referring to 'horology experts' as part of the audience demographic, genius. That's why I used the phrase 'aiming for.' You see?

Clearly, I was referring to 'horology experts' as part of the audience demographic, genius. That's why I used the phrase 'aiming for.' You see?

Obviously. I was referencing your sarcastic jibe at the target audience and making a comparison with the supposed 'experts' at Ideal World. Doesn't take a genius to work that out.

Hope the have some Strewmanski watches on. They really are quite ....... remarkably exquisite masterpieces of horology perfection at the absolute peak of magnificence and quite simply .... stunningly beautiful examples of precision and quality the like of which the world has never seen. You MUST insure them

There is also something wrong with that watch pictured. Look at the hour hand, it's almost half way between 10 and 11, but the minute hand is only on 10 past the hour. Hands have not been aligned properly.

I've seen several watches now where the hands are misaligned, and quite noticeably too. This on watches they are charging £500+ for. And they would have you believe are worth a lot more.

Hope the have some Strewmanski watches on. They really are quite ....... remarkably exquisite masterpieces of horology perfection at the absolute peak of magnificence and quite simply .... stunningly beautiful examples of precision and quality the like of which the world has never seen. You MUST insure them

Sounds good to me! I'm sorry I missed them!

I think you missed out "extraordinary". Or should I say "extrordanry"?

I actually saw part of the watch show last night.

He kept saying, for example, this only costs £35, and OCCASIONALLY mumbled something about 4 easypays.

Also, he keeps saying half-finished sentences, then he seems to cut himself off, and start saying something else, then does the same again.

And "5 left, no 3 left, no 4 left, no 2 left, no 1 left" for every watch, PRETENDING IMO that he was being told this in his earpiece.

Latest posts

Back