Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He used to do those "comedy falls" on Bid all the time, came to a point were it was yawn, Peter Simon fell....... again!

Is he the worst on the channel? in your opinion?

In my opinion, yes, he's the worst by a long chalk, followed by MM. Mike Mason is a barra boi, and this style of selling imo doesn't sit right on a shopping channel. However with him. you can tell that what you see is what you get, he's not putting on any sort of act, yes, I find his manner aggressive, he makes comments that are sexist, he's a bullsh*tter (I know good sound etc), he's shouty...and I don't like him. But let's compare him with the "Master" Peter Simon.

Where do I begin? He has so many awful traits! But in direct comparison with MM. ....Act? Is he putting on an act? where do we start on that one? The unconvincing zany but loveable uncle, the clown, he might believe that he's adding some slapstick mayhem to proceedings, what we see is an annoying and ridiculous exhibitionist! The caring pillar of the community who looks out for elderly friends and relatives...our Bet, Maud etc...I very much doubt it! Larry Grayson style monologues? a poor, poor imitation - a insult to Larry Grayson's memory and an insult to viewers. The pervert...probably the only believable side of his personality! Pawing at the female guests...and whilst it's probably true to say he doesn't get any personal thrills from it, it's predatory, uncomfortable to watch and completely out of order! And let's not forget his disgusting habits when he's eating food, talking with his mouth full, spraying food everywhere, faking orgasm, and as we know he doesn't restrict this behaviour to food shows!

BS'er extraordinaire, I get the impression that MM's BS is at least loosely based upon truth - But Peter's in another league, I can't believe any of the cobblers that rolls of his tongue with such ease! I don't think that man would recognise the truth if it got up and punched him in the face (I'd like to be first in the queue on that one please! - but I think we should let the female models have the first pop!)

He is disgusting in every way possible!

In my opinion, yes, he's the worst by a long chalk, followed by MM. Mike Mason is a barra boi, and this style of selling imo doesn't sit right on a shopping channel. However with him. you can tell that what you see is what you get, he's not putting on any sort of act, yes, I find his manner aggressive, he makes comments that are sexist, he's a bullsh*tter (I know good sound etc), he's shouty...and I don't like him. But let's compare him with the "Master" Peter Simon.

Where do I begin? He has so many awful traits! But in direct comparison with MM. ....Act? Is he putting on an act? where do we start on that one? The unconvincing zany but loveable uncle, the clown, he might believe that he's adding some slapstick mayhem to proceedings, what we see is an annoying and ridiculous exhibitionist! The caring pillar of the community who looks out for elderly friends and relatives...our Bet, Maud etc...I very much doubt it! Larry Grayson style monologues? a poor, poor imitation - a insult to Larry Grayson's memory and an insult to viewers. The pervert...probably the only believable side of his personality! Pawing at the female guests...and whilst it's probably true to say he doesn't get any personal thrills from it, it's predatory, uncomfortable to watch and completely out of order! And let's not forget his disgusting habits when he's eating food, talking with his mouth full, spraying food everywhere, faking orgasm, and as we know he doesn't restrict this behaviour to food shows!

BS'er extraordinaire, I get the impression that MM's BS is at least loosely based upon truth - But Peter's in another league, I can't believe any of the cobblers that rolls of his tongue with such ease! I don't think that man would recognise the truth if it got up and punched him in the face (I'd like to be first in the queue on that one please! - but I think we should let the female models have the first pop!)

So then, um, err, is he on or off your Crimbo card list this year? :mysmilie_17:

I also have it on good authority, AmyG will not, under any circumstances be sending Ms Jaxx a card either!

We don't watch PS as he is by far the worst presenter (and I use the term presenter very loosely) I have ever seen.

I wish someone at IW would come on here and explain why they employ him as when you watch him he very rarely (if ever) finishes a sentence so you have to second guess what the hell he is on about which for a shopping channel is madness. The innuendo's have gone way to far and he should leave his smut outside the studio door, I'm no prude but I don't need to watch him and his disgusting presenting while trying to buy a vacuum or whatever it is I am watching.

I agree with Merryone and as much as I don't like MM he is way to sexist I do believe he tries to give the right information and apart from the odd exaggeration which they are all prone to at least I can make an informed decision on whether or not I want to buy something.

Pervy is worse when with Joe Remblance and Paul Brodel. The innuendo/inside jokes about chickens should be left for their get togethers in the green room, not in front of the camera. It is very annoying if you are interested in something and they're giggling away like a couple of naughty school boys behind the bike sheds, or wherever they go these days.

I was noticing Joe on with MM the other day and he hardly gives him the time of day. When MM tried to laugh about something, Joe was professionally carrying on with the mixer and having none of it. He's not like this with Pervy....hmmm :wonder:

I agree.I do not like the attitudes and /or over the top screechy or pressurised dishonest sales patter of the majority of the presenters.However,Peter Simon is inherently different.To be honest he has something about him that makes my skin crawl . I'm not a spoil sport and like a laugh but he turns my guts.

Pervy is worse when with Joe Remblance and Paul Brodel. The innuendo/inside jokes about chickens should be left for their get togethers in the green room, not in front of the camera. It is very annoying if you are interested in something and they're giggling away like a couple of naughty school boys behind the bike sheds, or wherever they go these days.

I was noticing Joe on with MM the other day and he hardly gives him the time of day. When MM tried to laugh about something, Joe was professionally carrying on with the mixer and having none of it. He's not like this with Pervy....hmmm :wonder:

Very strange.Perhaps he's been told to keep his pie hole shut by someone.
Really don't know.Strange for him not to laugh at all unless he doesn't get on with MM?

Last edited:
Very strange.Perhaps he's been told to keep his pie hole shut by someone.
Really don't know.Strange for him not to laugh at all unless he doesn't get on with MM?

I only really noticed it because MM kept saying how good friends he was with the 'wonderful Joe' and Joe seemed very aloof and didn't reciprocate. He was totally different with Perv the next day. Perhaps he was just having a bad day or maybe the mixer he was shilling with MM at £400 required a more reserved presentation maybe. Anyway it was a marked difference imo.

Good read that.

I've always been fascinated by the notion that it is ok to ''touch up'' the females as long as you are gay. I find it ludicrous. Regardless of sexuality or personal thrills, everyone should keep their hands to themselves.

:mysmilie_466: he made me laugh!!!!!!!

He was showing the soup maker book and as he was leafing through it, he came to a soup he said he didn't like, then proceeded to try and rip that page out the book :mysmilie_847:

Dirty Peter is on now shilling Elizabeth Grant Perfume. I wonder if that too contains Torricelumn (TM)?

He's on with Genpleaseleave, of course they're pretending they're best friends but it's kinda obvious to me that they despise eachother. This truly is car crash, nightmare broadcasting. It is genuinely appalling.

Dirty Peter says 'You will know if you're a regular viewer of this channel I have a passion for fragrances. I have worked with some of the most leading experts like a dear friend of mine of course, Peter Sherlock, who is a perfumer of extraordinary levels :mysmilie_15:

Perv said he was the lesser half of the duo, or something like that, 'Steve' on the floor agreed. Pervy thanked him for his honesty. Gen said something about not knowing 'Steve' was like that and Pervy said it started the other night when he swallowed a marshmallow :mysmilie_11: Gen looked down and pretended not to laugh.

Really quite 'extraordinary' viewing and they don't seem to be selling such a 'fantastic offer' very fast.

Perv said he was the lesser half of the duo, or something like that, 'Steve' on the floor agreed. Pervy thanked him for his honesty. Gen said something about not knowing 'Steve' was like that and Pervy said it started the other night when he swallowed a marshmallow :mysmilie_11: Gen looked down and pretended not to laugh.

Really quite 'extraordinary' viewing and they don't seem to be selling such a 'fantastic offer' very fast.

Really Momma, I say to say that even by this atrocious channel's derisory presentational standards that the hour in question was simply excruciating. Utterly charmless, hysterical, preposterous, amateurish, shambolic. I've never seen anything quite like this, Bid included.

It's almost like a parody of the worst, imaginary shopping channel a writer could think up. But of course this is all too real, the goons are false and phony for sure, and increasingly so, but the ridiculous money involved is most certainly all too real.

Now they want £406 for a Steepletone 'JukeBox' which is little more than a CD Player and Speaker in a tacky, illuminated case :mysmilie_13:

Really Momma, I say to say that even by this atrocious channel's derisory presentational standards that the hour in question was simply excruciating. Utterly charmless, hysterical, preposterous, amateurish, shambolic. I've never seen anything quite like this, Bid included.

It's almost like a parody of the worst, imaginary shopping channel a writer could think up. But of course this is all too real, the goons are false and phony for sure, and increasingly so, but the ridiculous money involved is most certainly all too real.

'Can I just tell ya?' ..........they're doing it all again today at 5 :mysmilie_11:

Yeah, extraordinary levels of bull$$$t...:mysmilie_17:

Dirty Peter is on now shilling Elizabeth Grant Perfume. I wonder if that too contains Torricelumn (TM)?

He's on with Genpleaseleave, of course they're pretending they're best friends but it's kinda obvious to me that they despise eachother. This truly is car crash, nightmare broadcasting. It is genuinely appalling.

Dirty Peter says 'You will know if you're a regular viewer of this channel I have a passion for fragrances. I have worked with some of the most leading experts like a dear friend of mine of course, Peter Sherlock, who is a perfumer of extraordinary levels :mysmilie_15:

When he does the 11pm hour at night, I have noticed he finishes the hour saying something along the line of.

From the producers to the presenters we hope you have a good nights sleep, and remember you may not realise it but somebody's loves you.

Weird

Total creep and saddo. It's a wonder he doesn't offer to do the Queen's Speech for her, I'm sure he thinks he has a huge number of fans out there - instead of which, most of us (myself included) only tune in to take the mickey out of him.

When he does the 11pm hour at night, I have noticed he finishes the hour saying something along the line of.

From the producers to the presenters we hope you have a good nights sleep, and remember you may not realise it but somebody's loves you.

Weird

'Can I just tell ya?' ..........they're doing it all again today at 5 :mysmilie_11:

So they've brought back the 4 piece luxury set saving you hundreds of pounds and they're still claiming it's Gen's idea and they're 'going to get in trouble for this'.............if they were going to get in trouble, they would have done so when they sold it for just the same price yesterday :dull:

Latest posts

Back