Daily Advent Reveal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope I have the presence of mind to do this because it's such a nice idea. Are you going to re-use your M&S boxes as I was thinking of doing?

I think so, either fill it with stuff for my mum and dad throughout the year or my son.
I made one for someone a few years ago.
I got some Christmas craft papers I think they were 6x6 , rolled one edge and stuck it down, then stuck one edge down, popped a gift in the' tube' then stuck the open edge down in the opposite direction to the other end. It's hard to describe but it was like a triangle tube. I used a hole punch to put a hole in a corner and used ribbon to attach it to a Christmas garland. I stuck number stickers on and gave it to her as a pick you up as she finished chemo.
Even if I say so myself, it was quick and easy to do and looked great.

So M&S yesterday was a 50ml Bee Lovely Handcream

It says softens hands and helps save the bees. moisturising organic honey is blended with energising orange essential oil to nourish the skin and lift the Spirits
It also says non gm, no parabens, no synthetic fragrances or colours, no mineral oils, no silicones and organic.

It sounds wonderful ! I have taken the lid off to try about five times tonight but can't bring myself to pull the silver foil off to try.
Oh, I've just seen that it's Neals Yard! That's it, it's going to be opened and used as I go to bed!.

So M&S yesterday was a 50ml Bee Lovely Handcream

It says softens hands and helps save the bees. moisturising organic honey is blended with energising orange essential oil to nourish the skin and lift the Spirits
It also says non gm, no parabens, no synthetic fragrances or colours, no mineral oils, no silicones and organic.

It sounds wonderful ! I have taken the lid off to try about five times tonight but can't bring myself to pull the silver foil off to try.
Oh, I've just seen that it's Neals Yard! That's it, it's going to be opened and used as I go to bed!.

I assumed it was Burt's Bees at first. Haven't opened mine yet as have a few to use up. Let me know what it smells like?

I think so, either fill it with stuff for my mum and dad throughout the year or my son.
I got some Christmas craft papers I think they were 6x6 , rolled one edge and stuck it down, then stuck one edge down, popped a gift in the' tube' then stuck the open edge down in the opposite direction to the other end. It's hard to describe but it was like a triangle tube. I used a hole punch to put a hole in a corner and used ribbon to attach it to a Christmas garland. I stuck number stickers on and gave it to her as a pick you up as she finished chemo.

Does sound lovely. What a nice thing to do for someone and very personalised.

Andik
OMG I have just put some Handcream on and I'm in heaven, the smell is gorgeous, fresh orange, almost mouth watering.
I just put a tiny bit on the back of my hands and it rubbed in well.
I don't think you need much and I think the tube will last a while. Deffo one for cold days to protect the hands.

I thought it was Burts Bees too.
Have you tried the day 2 gift, Rodial xtreme acid rush peel before?
I don't know what to expect with it
It says ultimate peel with 100% active Amelia's acid plus glycolic and fruit acids and probiotic technology.
Sounds like it's going to melt my face off��

Andik
OMG I have just put some Handcream on and I'm in heaven, the smell is gorgeous, fresh orange, almost mouth watering.
I don't think you need much and I think the tube will last a while. Deffo one for cold days to protect the hands.

It says ultimate peel with 100% active Amelia's acid plus glycolic and fruit acids and probiotic technology.

That hand cream sounds (to quote Jill F) DI-VINE! That's definitely a keeper then. It's a good size too.

I shall have to study the Rodial peel as I already use Alpha-H Liquid Gold 2-3 times a week and another peely thing once a week. I would quite like to have some skin left so maybe I'll open that when one of my other product is finished. It's meant to be good and, again, not a bad size.

Look Fantastic, Day 2 - 70ml Rituals Rice Milk and Cherry Blossom body cream. Very happy with that, as I get through loads of body lotion!

Belay my "hold off to create a routine" with the Aldi Lacura calendar. It's mainly serums... so aimed at getting your skin tip-top for the big day.

Day 2: Cuvée Royal Refine serum.

I will be repeating some of the serums across the 24 days, as the contents includes 22 serums, one skincare with serum and one skincare cream mousse. Still will be interesting to see what the effects are, but if I'm honest, I am a little disappointed that there is not a wider range of skin treats.

Yes, I'm with you on that, would have been nice to have more of a selection. As you say, though, will be interesting to see what effects the serums have slotted into your normal skincare routine.

:sad:I haven't got an Advent Calendar of any kind.

Nooooo!! :sad: M&S have got them coming out of their ears, and I'd have thought they'd have to start reducing them now, too. Definitely worth keeping an eye, if you have one in easy reach. To be honest, until last year, I hadn't had an advent calendar since I was a kid! They're good fun, though. :happy:

I hope I have the presence of mind to do this because it's such a nice idea. Are you going to re-use your M&S boxes as I was thinking of doing?

That calendar really lends itself to being recycled. Perhaps if you have a friend who has also got a reusable one this year, you could fill them with little bits for each other throughout the year, and then swap? My one is like an enormous book, but couldn't be re-used, as the doors have to be torn off, and then it's got a moulded plastic inside that the bits sit in.

What a thoughtful thing to do, bet she loved it. I hope she is now enjoying better health.

Andik

Ooh, I really like the sound of that hand cream!! This thread will be good for picking up recommendations (because I need some more ideas of what beauty to buy :mysmilie_19:)

That hand cream sounds (to quote Jill F) DI-VINE! That's definitely a keeper then. It's a good size too.

I shall have to study the Rodial peel as I already use Alpha-H Liquid Gold 2-3 times a week and another peely thing once a week. I would quite like to have some skin left so maybe I'll open that when one of my other product is finished. It's meant to be good and, again, not a bad size.

I'v e been using this exfoliator for about 18 months, mainly because it often featured in the Rodial website sales at half price or lower. I got it in place of the Alpha H Micro Cleanse and it seems very similar to me and not as aggressive as it sounds. My daughter and I are splitting the M&S calender so the day 1 hand cream is in the car which we both drive, I get the day2 scrub as a travel size. Day 3 will have to wait til she gets home later today. I suspect I'll do well out of the split if there are lots of anti-aging items, but then I did pay for it! :mysmilie_14:

Good to know it isn't aggressive, thank you.

I will leave Andik to reveal M&S day 3

That's really sad. Apparently, a lot of shops are selling them off cheap already so you might be able to pick up one for under £1 in the supermarket?[/QUOT
Oh thank you Andi, will keep a look out. Must say I have only seen a Yankee Candle one and I can't burn candles so was no good getting that.

Last edited:
I'v e been using this exfoliator for about 18 months, mainly because it often featured in the Rodial website sales at half price or lower. I got it in place of the Alpha H Micro Cleanse and it seems very similar to me and not as aggressive as it sounds. My daughter and I are splitting the M&S calender so the day 1 hand cream is in the car which we both drive, I get the day2 scrub as a travel size. Day 3 will have to wait til she gets home later today. I suspect I'll do well out of the split if there are lots of anti-aging items, but then I did pay for it! :mysmilie_14:

Thanks, Akimbo. I don't know half these products as well as you and certain others on here so I welcome the info. It looks like I'll be able to fit the peel into my routine so I'm looking forward to trying it.

And quite right that you get the lion's share of the contents - a mother's prerogative! You are very kind though!

In case you want to keep the Day 3 box contents a surprise, don't read below as I'm about to post it...

Good to know it isn't aggressive, thank you.

I will leave Andik to reveal M&S day 3

Thanks, sharonk - I shall do so happily as I've just opened today's and it's a 15ml tube of Laboratoires Filorga Time-Filler, absolute wrinkle correction cream. It doesn't say anything else on the tube about use or effects but I think we can work it out! One for you maybe, Akimbo, although I'm sure you don't need it either!

Oh thank you Andi, will keep a look out. Must say I have only seen a Yankee Candle one and I can't burn candles so was no good getting that.

Keep an eye on this site for bargains (I don't see any beauty ones yet though):

http://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/advent-calendar

Also, there are a few suggestions here if you want a cheap chocolate one:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/01/where-to-get-cheap-last-minute-chocolate-advent-calendars-6293204/

Can't have you missing out!

Aldi Lacura Cuvée Royal Days 3 and 4 (cheeky, I know, but it's past midnight :mysmilie_59:):

Day 3 - Cuvée Royal Moisture Serum
Day 4 - Cuvée Royal Power Serum

Probably at this stage I should say I haven't yet tried any of the 4 serums revealed. I won't today either as I treated myself to a facial.

So - Day 1 Oxy Serum contains Dakaline and should improve skin firmness and smoothes the skin - there are 4 vials of this in the calendar.
Day 2 Refine Serum contains Enantha Chlorantha extract, Oleanolic acid Hyaluronic acid, and Ectoin to support skin hydration and elasticity - there are 4 vials to try.
Day 3 Moisture Serum contains Polysaccharides, Apple and Lupine extract, Hyaluronic acid and Ectoin to minimise moisture loss and reduce appearance of wrinkles - another one with 4 vials.
Day 4 Power Serum contains an Oxygen complex, Hyaluronic acid, and Ectoin to improve skin firmness and reduce appearance of lines and wrinkles - yet another which comes in 4 vials.

I will predict that Day 5 will be the Lift serum, which is the only other one which comes in 4 vials in the calendar.

Even though I've not had a proper play with any of the serums as yet, I'm definitely sold on the idea of a beauty advent calendar... so come 2017, I will be looking for recommendations from users of other calendars.

This one, though, for the fact it's serums, and cost only £19.99 represents good value for the type of ingredients involved. But if you are hankering after a variety of different brands to try it might not be the best one. For me, I don't want makeup, just skincare, so I might have to stick to a single brand.

I think the powder pink pot rouge is supposed to be Bobbi Brown's best selling blusher, isn't it?

It sounds like we are all enjoying our daily treats even if we aren't using them just yet.
The only think I have tried so far is the hand cream.
I love Aldi skincare so really interested to hear your thoughts when you start using everything Maymorganlondon.
Minx do you mind me asking how much your look fantastic one was? I might be in the market for it next year��

I just realised it's getting dark and I hadn't opened my little box in the M&S calendar today! So I just did so and it's a Pixi Brow Tamer, clear brow gel - 4.5ml. It's not something I'd usually buy as I don't exactly have wild brows that need taming but I'll give it a go when my Revitabrow tinted serum thingy has gone. It's worth £12 so it's pretty impressive to get that.

Latest posts

Back