The Parcel Black Hole

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Where I live, I overlook the private car park round the back of a small pub. Yesterday morning, I noticed a large white Mercedes van parked in there, which is unusual for that time on a Saturday. In the front window of the van, it was clear to see that it was packed with parcels and packets, once of which clearly was from Next. The parcels were moving about and were obviously being sorted by someone in the van, who I wasn't able to see. After a while, the driver came back to the front of the van and proceeded to and open up a selection of various packets. I could see him examining fashion items and other boxes. I'm not sure what happened to them after that, I couldn't see if the items went back into their original boxes or got put elsewhere. This went on for quite some time. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to collect any evidence and the van itself had no marking on it to identify who the courier company may have been. Once he was done picking out select items, he finished up and drove away, but not before dumping the remains of his fish and chip lunch on the ground for someone else to have to clean up. I wonder how these people sleep at night?

In the past, I've often seen couriers lounging around in their vans instead of actually delivering the goods, but this is the first time I've blatantly seen a driver rifling the contents of the boxes he's carrying. An old friend used to work for a courier I won't name and said that this sort of thing was extremely common, especially at this time of year. She left her job over it eventually. So if, like me, a couple of parcels have gone missing en-route (Skechers shoes and a Carol Hochman top) take heart in knowing that someone, somewhere will be enjoying the products you've paid your hard-earned for :mysmilie_51:

That's shocking Moth, but not surprising. He'll probably do the same thing again, having got away with it in that spot once already so if he comes back maybe film it on your phone (keeping yourself safe ofcourse). Even if you can't see the van's plates the courier firm for next (Hermes probably) might be able to identify him.

DD had a bag delivered that had been cut open and resealed with brown tape; if QVC open it for QA there's blue tape over the opening that reads "opened for quality control"...maybe the courier didnt fancy it or not his missus style!

I will keep my eyes open in case I see him again!

Not that the couriers are completely to blame - QVC have managed to lose two of my items before they even got as far as the courier (as I posted in another post)! I'm also waiting for another pair of Skechers shoes - but black is the current "in" colour, so I'm not confident they'll show up.

That story is shocking, Moth! I'm almost as horrified by the dumping of the food wrapping, as someone who sees people open their car doors to discard empty bottles and fag packets in the gutter outside my house (I have been known to comment and sometimes they pick it up, embarrassed!). But the clear criminality of rifling through the packages in the lout's charge is dreadful. Anyway, I wonder if the pub has CCTV? Even if it's not pointing directly at the spot where the van was parked, they could perhaps see the van entering the car park.

I think I am a frustrated detective ...

That story is shocking, Moth! I'm almost as horrified by the dumping of the food wrapping, as someone who sees people open their car doors to discard empty bottles and fag packets in the gutter outside my house (I have been known to comment and sometimes they pick it up, embarrassed!). But the clear criminality of rifling through the packages in the lout's charge is dreadful. Anyway, I wonder if the pub has CCTV? Even if it's not pointing directly at the spot where the van was parked, they could perhaps see the van entering the car park.

I think I am a frustrated detective ...
Ok then Hercule, what do we do next...:up::up:

Ok then Hercule, what do we do next...:up::up:

Well, first of all, if there's no joy with CCTV, Moth needs to go out with rubber gloves on to see if she can find the discarded chip paper so it can be sent off to be tested for DNA traces and we can take it from there. Hopefully, the offender's chips were not wrapped in pages of Debbie Flint's last novel (not every copy was pulped) because poor Moth might be distracted and find herself reading that literary classic.

Moth also needs to get some overpriced QVC binoculars delivered (obviously, I'm assuming it won't be self-same White Van Litter Lout delivering) so she can monitor any future suspicious activity from the safety of her home.

Well, first of all, if there's no joy with CCTV, Moth needs to go out with rubber gloves on to see if she can find the discarded chip paper so it can be sent off to be tested for DNA traces and we can take it from there. Hopefully, the offender's chips were not wrapped in pages of Debbie Flint's last novel (not every copy was pulped) because poor Moth might be distracted and find herself reading that literary classic.

Moth also needs to get some overpriced QVC binoculars delivered (obviously, I'm assuming it won't be self-same White Van Litter Lout delivering) so she can monitor any future suspicious activity from the safety of her home.

Sounds like a plan... Also needed is a long lense camera so photos can taken and made into wanted posters. Of course there will need to be a reward, I think I have a spare bottle of poo pouri :mysmilie_59:

Sounds like a plan... Also needed is a long lense camera so photos can taken and made into wanted posters. Of course there will need to be a reward, I think I have a spare bottle of poo pouri :mysmilie_59:

You are so generous! The camera is a good idea - I am sure QVC sell one that's 30% cheaper on Amazon but she could just send it back after 29 days and only be ripped off for the postage.

Latest posts

Back