John Scott on the move to pastures new

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default John Scott on the move to pastures new

John has announced via his FACEBOOK page that his is to "move to pastures new"

Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
    Likes adam82uk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    He has been notably absent these last few months and he's the only reason I watch Rocks.Cant stand the screeching women.

Last time I saw him he was diligently trying to stick to the 'outlet' channel theme ,he did not look happy or as though he believed what he was saying .Selling everything below cost .He could see it was a turkey.

Good luck to him ,I still catch him on the shoe channel now and again.
    Likes historymystery liked this post

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm only amazed he's stayed so long. This channel is an accident waiting to happen - how the heck can they claim to continually be selling below cost price? The devil is in the detail as we know, but trotting out this line time after time is a joke, and no wonder he's looked more and more uncomfortable. I cannot for the life of me understand why Liv Edmonds went to Rocks from Gemporia - OK, Gemporia has not covered itself in glory over the past weeks, but she was a decent presenter and had been at Gems for donkey's years. Why on earth would she go to this car crash? Hannah Clemmow also defected, but she was awful on Gems in my opinion, full of herself and very schoolmarmish and patronising in her presentation. I bet John's ears will be better from not having to work with the Screeching Harpies that remain at Rocks - Vicky from Rocks & Screeching Sal from IW are soul sisters. In all honesty, I can't say I've ever been John Scott's greatest fan - there's something about him that makes me think he could be a bit of a difficult person off-screen and I've heard him talk quite rudely on-screen to the backroom staff or make faces at something they've said, which I don't think is very professional.
    Last edited by historymystery; 07-12-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Without John I wont be watching the channel anymore.
    the new male presenter is awful. That non stop Grin and Faux amazement at everything seriously???
    have you noticed other presenters keep talking about getting in touch but they never seem to interact with viewers. So why bother
    Personally John Leaving is the biggest loss Rocks and Co have had in a long time. It just wont be the same
    Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

John is joining Natasha McCarty on sewing quarter.com which launches on Freeview in January.
    Thanks Turandot, historymystery thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If they've got a new male presenter, that arrangement probably won't last long. They had 2 good male presenters a few years back - Mark and Alan - who actually knew something about jewellery. So obviously they left or were pushed. All this channel appear to want is shrieking, gurning, hair-flicking bimbos.

Quote Originally Posted by Oathy View Post
    Without John I wont be watching the channel anymore.
    the new male presenter is awful. That non stop Grin and Faux amazement at everything seriously???
    have you noticed other presenters keep talking about getting in touch but they never seem to interact with viewers. So why bother
    Personally John Leaving is the biggest loss Rocks and Co have had in a long time. It just wont be the same
    Likes mr tom , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    John is joining Natasha McCarty on sewing quarter.com which launches on Freeview in January.
    Its a shame he couldn't get on QVC. It sounds like its going to be very limited viewership
    In terms of professionalism he just wipes the floor with the rest of them, and from the comments of other viewer they agree
    most of the other "presenters" are on Mute.

Noticed Cherry pie hasn't been presenting for a very long time either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    If they've got a new male presenter, that arrangement probably won't last long. They had 2 good male presenters a few years back - Mark and Alan - who actually knew something about jewellery. So obviously they left or were pushed. All this channel appear to want is shrieking, gurning, hair-flicking bimbos.
    They definitely seem to have a clear direction they want to go in...and it does not involve male presenters (though admittedly before reading this thread I had no idea there was a new person, who happened to be a bloke)

I believe earlier on, someone mentioned Liv and why on earth she would leave a sinking ship to jump onto the titanic... all I can think of, is that maybe the titanic doesn't require her to be there at 4-7am on the days she works.

Post Thanks / Like

John Scott taking about his final shift being on January the first ,he then said he would be doing one weekend a month on Rocks. I'm confused .

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

I thought John Scott said on PaversShoes that he was going to live abroad, I could have got it wrong as he is quite a joker...