John Scott on the move to pastures new - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

rocks and co still going blimey who's buying the rubbish jewellery products. But john scott won't be on tjc or gemporia.

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    At least Liv had a job with some sort of security on Gems - she'd been there for over 11 years! At Rocks, who seem to be increasingly aiming for IW status, there's precious little job security there, I'd think - they have a poor track record of retaining any presenters, especially (but not exclusively) male ones. Late last night, I noticed John Scott was flogging gold-plated jewellery - they wouldn't have touched gold plate with a bargepole 4 years ago and look at them now, what a joke. I wouldn't hold my breath for this channel lasting much longer, what with the numerous changes that have taken place in their methodology and the fact that they parted company with the established gem hunters, such as the Diniz brothers. I think the 'clear direction they want to go in' is the same path already trodden by Bid!

Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
    They definitely seem to have a clear direction they want to go in...and it does not involve male presenters (though admittedly before reading this thread I had no idea there was a new person, who happened to be a bloke)

I believe earlier on, someone mentioned Liv and why on earth she would leave a sinking ship to jump onto the titanic... all I can think of, is that maybe the titanic doesn't require her to be there at 4-7am on the days she works.
    Last edited by historymystery; 18-12-2016 at 08:12 AM.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    John is joining Natasha McCarty on sewing quarter.com which launches on Freeview in January.
    Sewing Quarter is a sister channel to Jewellery Maker. It will be on Freeview Channel 78 from January.

Post Thanks / Like

John scott is a second CONFIRMED presenter for sewing quarter https://www.facebook.com/sewingquarter
    Thanks historymystery thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

replays on till 1pm on Rocks and Co.
    and a new shift pattern that seems to reuse the presenters through the day.
    IMHO its looking like he did the best thing and leave. wayne this new presenter is unwatchable "ohhh I love this" ... manic grin seems to be his repertoire
    Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't caught sight of him yet, but sounds unmissable!! The standard of presenters on this channel has never been that high in my book, but it appears they've sunk to a new low!

Quote Originally Posted by Oathy View Post
    replays on till 1pm on Rocks and Co.
    and a new shift pattern that seems to reuse the presenters through the day.
    IMHO its looking like he did the best thing and leave. wayne this new presenter is unwatchable "ohhh I love this" ... manic grin seems to be his repertoire

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne did a stint on The Lounge at gems a while back,rather cheesy and seems to love himself rather too much darling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    I haven't caught sight of him yet, but sounds unmissable!! The standard of presenters on this channel has never been that high in my book, but it appears they've sunk to a new low!

Seems to be trying to copy John and failing badly. That seems to be the core issue with a lot of the presenters there.
    they keep plugging ways to get in touch, but the amount of interaction with the viewers/customers is zero. They really remind me
    of Chuggers.

Know its been covered before "how can we do this at that price"... look of total horror on face. Gold plated stuff isn't something to rant and rave about.
    you can pick up amazing gold plated stuff on Amazon/ebay that's a lot cheaper and nicer.

It just feels like its lost direction, IMHO It hasn't been the same since those other people the Gemhunters parted ways.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's probably safe to say that he'll be "just passing through" at Rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by missmarple View Post
    Wayne did a stint on The Lounge at gems a while back,rather cheesy and seems to love himself rather too much darling.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    I think it's probably safe to say that he'll be "just passing through" at Rocks!!!

Looking at this new shift pattern don't think he will be the only one.
    not starting till 1pm, if that isn't saying something nothing is.
    Likes adam82uk, historymystery liked this post