I can't believe my eyes and ears when I watch this channel!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Retrovertigo

Registered Shopper
Firstly, I'm new here, so hello :)

I had to register instead of lurking as this channel has my blood boiling to be honest.

I haven't watched any shopping channels in quite some time, but after a bout of insomnia I found myself watching Hochanda - even though I have zero interest in crafting. But have also found myself channel hopping a lot.

How this particular channel gets away with so many lies though, is mind boggling. I was just watching some show with Lucy Q and some slimy bloke called Mark.

There was a piece of her jewellery on sale and she was saying stuff like "I am getting quite angry now, I wasn't at the meeting and didn't realise we would be selling at this price".

She had stated that the necklace sold between £400-500 on her website, and they had - at the time - put the price at £149.99. Now, she was correct in her estimate of the price on her website. BUT.....it had been reduced on her site to £139! Does she really not know how much she sells her stuff for? Cue her sat there gasping away at the price onscreen, despite her website selling it for a similar price :/

Do people watching this not know how to use google? There were some pens selling the other day, with some bloke claiming they are sold online for £125. A quick google showed them on various sites, including Amazon, for £20.

I can't help myself from watching now - while in complete disgust. It is car crash telly in its purest form.

And why do they call it an auction? It isn't anything like an auction.....at all!

And breathe ........ :)

:mysmilie_357:
Retrovertigo. So much of what all the selly telly channels say and do is infuriating. It's the fact they take us for fools that mostly gets my goat.

Welcome and happy posting.

I used to love watching TJC ,but you are right ,the outright lies and contortions that they go into to sell their wares is a turn off for me.Some of the new presenters are not very good at it.Its become blatant .

There are always going to be gullable people who are convinced they got a really good deal.Its the same as the falling auctions .How can an item drop from say £2000 to under £300. Its not possible.

I dip in to see what's going on but that's about it.

Yes, yes,yes, used to be able to send me to sleep and I enjoyed some presenters, Vicki, wee Derek,Marina, Laura, I also shopped and liked the items I bought, I believe they have a new Ceo with obviously a new marketing strategy. Please don't treat your customers like fools.

Welcome to you, Retrovertigo! The claims of these shopping channels get wilder and wilder as Christmas approaches....I heard the 'somewhat extravagant' claims for the sparkly pens. The same pens were cheaper last year, as I bought a set of four of them (looked identical to this year's lot) from TJC for £8.99 and split them up as little extra gifts. They were also going on and on about how the crystals inside the top of the pen were 'top grade'. Er, could someone explain that to me? These are not diamonds we are talking here, they are tiny paste stones.

I had to register instead of lurking as this channel has my blood boiling to be honest.

I haven't watched any shopping channels in quite some time, but after a bout of insomnia I found myself watching Hochanda - even though I have zero interest in crafting. But have also found myself channel hopping a lot.

How this particular channel gets away with so many lies though, is mind boggling. I was just watching some show with Lucy Q and some slimy bloke called Mark.

There was a piece of her jewellery on sale and she was saying stuff like "I am getting quite angry now, I wasn't at the meeting and didn't realise we would be selling at this price".

She had stated that the necklace sold between £400-500 on her website, and they had - at the time - put the price at £149.99. Now, she was correct in her estimate of the price on her website. BUT.....it had been reduced on her site to £139! Does she really not know how much she sells her stuff for? Cue her sat there gasping away at the price onscreen, despite her website selling it for a similar price :/

Do people watching this not know how to use google? There were some pens selling the other day, with some bloke claiming they are sold online for £125. A quick google showed them on various sites, including Amazon, for £20.

I can't help myself from watching now - while in complete disgust. It is car crash telly in its purest form.

And why do they call it an auction? It isn't anything like an auction.....at all!

Welcome to the forum. :mysmilie_14:

Hello Retrovertigo.I agree about the downright lies told on the channels.Prices that fall unbelievably-so much so that the presenters ,designers and all staff presumably can't believe it.Well neither can the majority of us.The feigned shriek of joy at the quality-umm just annoying when it's repeated by almost every presenter.Yes .It is hard to believe what they'll do next in an increasingly desperate bid to get our cash.

Latest posts

Back