Yankee Candles TSV 09/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine arrived yesterday. A quick sniff and I was unimpressed, two of them seemed to have very little scent. I am sending back, as I had forgotten the AD and I have Yankee candles coming out of my ear holes so can't justify keeping, even if I liked them. Used to be I'd say oh it's only 30 odd quid can't be bothered but I'm not going to do that any more, it soon adds up !

Thanks for the update. I rang Q and there seems to have been a problem (NO!!??!!) and not enough stock delivered. They are looking into it so maybe it will just be delayed.

Fortunately the candle cupboard was not affected by the water!!! Nor the storage bags. There isn't too much damage in the grand scheme of things but it doesn't take much to stress me out and this has certainly done that! I feel very tense with a resulting increase in alcohol and fags consumption. If the YC stock had gone I would probably be an alcoholic by now! Thanks so much for your good wishes.

Thanks for the update. I rang Q and there seems to have been a problem (NO!!??!!) and not enough stock delivered. They are looking into it so maybe it will just be delayed.

Fortunately the candle cupboard was not affected by the water!!! Nor the storage bags. There isn't too much damage in the grand scheme of things but it doesn't take much to stress me out and this has certainly done that! I feel very tense with a resulting increase in alcohol and fags consumption. If the YC stock had gone I would probably be an alcoholic by now! Thanks so much for your good wishes.

I hear ya! I hate anything where there is an 'unknown' factor and where I can't control the outcome - I feel for you, but glad to hear the overall damage is relatively minimal. As for the booze n fags, I say use whatever coping mechanisms work!!!!

Still no sign of mine being processed. I checked on their FB page and it has been raised as a query.... amazingly I could open up the comments for once. Several people are in the same boat. It was also raised on Twitter with Rosa who said she had checked with YC and so far as they were aware all orders had been satisfied, ahem. People put her right so she said she would pass it on. Rumour has it they have stock in for single drop orders but need to get more sent over to meet the AD orders. Only at Q could that happen! Put customers who have placed an order at the back of the queue but this wouldn't be the first time. I am not too worried about these, given the stash size, but I would still like to have them.

:mysmilie_59:

Still no sign of mine being processed. I checked on their FB page and it has been raised as a query.... amazingly I could open up the comments for once. Several people are in the same boat. It was also raised on Twitter with Rosa who said she had checked with YC and so far as they were aware all orders had been satisfied, ahem. People put her right so she said she would pass it on. Rumour has it they have stock in for single drop orders but need to get more sent over to meet the AD orders. Only at Q could that happen! Put customers who have placed an order at the back of the queue but this wouldn't be the first time. I am not too worried about these, given the stash size, but I would still like to have them.

Darn it, I want to hear your 'cold sniff' analysis of this drop as I thought this would be my fave of the 4 (this is the Autumnal one, right?) - hope you get them soon as judging by the FB post on Q's page, a lot of people have received their ADs already. Usual magnificent 'p*ss-up/brewery' scenario from Q ;)

Darn it, I want to hear your 'cold sniff' analysis of this drop as I thought this would be my fave of the 4 (this is the Autumnal one, right?) - hope you get them soon as judging by the FB post on Q's page, a lot of people have received their ADs already. Usual magnificent 'p*ss-up/brewery' scenario from Q ;)

Me too! I'm already looking out for two of them on eBay but the cheapest are selling for £20+. Hopefully the Yankee UK site will have a good sale on them later in the year.

They have been despatched! Currently at the National hub; I hope they don't deliver on Mondaynas I am out some of the day. I even got a courtesy call on Friday to let me know!!! I was shocked. Someone had raised the matter quite forcefully with Q on Twitter and with Rosa, so well done him. He was jolly miffed, but I just remembered the same thing happening last year..... I hope the UK scents come on schedule.

They have been despatched! Currently at the National hub; I hope they don't deliver on Mondaynas I am out some of the day. I even got a courtesy call on Friday to let me know!!! I was shocked. Someone had raised the matter quite forcefully with Q on Twitter and with Rosa, so well done him. He was jolly miffed, but I just remembered the same thing happening last year..... I hope the UK scents come on schedule.

Come on, Mazza - why the urgency? We all know you won't be lighting any of these candles until 2020 at least.

:wink:

(I'm just jealous)

I have got my 2020 bag ready, Andi. They are with the courier for delivery today. Luckily I am in as I was due to visit a friend but there is rail chaos out of Waterloo today after a massive signal failure, so I had to reschedule my outing. (ANd before anyone says anything, yes that is genuine, not an excuse to be here to take custody of my candles, LOL)

I have just had a browse on WAx Addicts and they are campaigning for the return of Steven!!! A proper big page under the Q tab.. And it has been picked up on the limited amount of Twitter I can see or have looked at anyway.

I will let you know what I think when I get them. It will be a VERY cold sniff as it is perishing here today so the candles will be extremely chilled I imagine.

They haven't come yet!!!!! I always get a late morning or early afternoon delivery so wonder what is going on.....

I have got my 2020 bag ready, Andi. They are with the courier for delivery today. Luckily I am in as I was due to visit a friend but there is rail chaos out of Waterloo today after a massive signal failure, so I had to reschedule my outing. (ANd before anyone says anything, yes that is genuine, not an excuse to be here to take custody of my candles, LOL)

I have just had a browse on WAx Addicts and they are campaigning for the return of Steven!!! A proper big page under the Q tab.. And it has been picked up on the limited amount of Twitter I can see or have looked at anyway.

I will let you know what I think when I get them. It will be a VERY cold sniff as it is perishing here today so the candles will be extremely chilled I imagine.

Hope you get the delivery soon. I've had a few problems with Hermes lately - not had the same local delivery guy more than twice in a row this year and that doesn't help.

I spotted that Steven Corfield campaign on the Wax Addicts site. As I said at the time, with his unwillingness for whatever reason to apologise for his partner's behaviour, I think it was right he should go but then I was never his greatest fan anyway (I was just neutral about him up to that incident). What Wax Addicts are saying pretty much confirms that he didn't go of his own accord then - they want him to be allowed back: "We are openly asking for Steven to be brought back to QVCUK ... Bring Steven back and make the thousands of QVC/YankeeCandle customers happy again!". Just for the record, I don't agree with Wax Addicts that "since he left the Yankee Candle shows just don't have the same excitement about them, in fact it feels like the heart and passion has been taken out of the brand". Not only is it OTT, it's also a bit of a ****** insult to Rosa.

They've just arrived, very cold after jogging along all day, and it is jolly chilly here in SW London. So I have compared these to the descriptions and...
Honeycrisp Apple Cider, I can't get any honey but it is a very sharp apple. I do like apple scents, like Macintosh, but would like it more if I could smell some honey. CORRECTION! Honeycrisp is a type of Apple per Google so there won't be any honey notes. So it is probably just like one but I have never had one to be able to say.
Moonbeams on Pumpkins (what a daft name), smells like previous Thanksgiving ones I have had and I love it. Very deep spice and vanilla.
Autumn Dusk definitely has that smokey scent and also reminds me of leaves. Quite heavy.

I am pleased with them and they seem pretty strong.

I see the fourth drop trio is showing as an individual set at £52 online but am not sure when we will get them on AD. My account doesn't show it in process as yet. I think they are due around the 7th Oct.

i went in to sniff all the new all fragrances in the yankee store. i was not impressed thank god

I just rang Q and the estimated despatch date for this US TSV AD is 19/10.

The date for the AD of the UK scents is 14/10.

I just rang Q and the estimated despatch date for this US TSV AD is 19/10.

The date for the AD of the UK scents is 14/10.

I can't believe how quickly this drop has come round. Seems like only yesterday you were telling us about the delivery confusion.

I didn't get this TSV so will enjoy hearing your views on the next lot, Mazza (cold sniff - I realise you won't be burning them for a decade or two).

Well! First time for everything, I have just cancelled my October AD. I feel quite weak!!! I decided I didn't really fancy the the two drink based ones as they don't exactly shout Christmas to me. Or even depths of Winter really. I shall get the UK ones though.

Latest posts

Back