Yankee Candles TSV 09/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes AndiK, it's for the full current range, across the different products - the only exception is for the USA exclusives which are £21.99 for the large jars. In addition, as long as you buy exactly the same items, they match QVC's prices as well.
They are a fully accredited Yankee Candle independent shop, who are also given access to limited editions not available even in the Yankee stores, and have regular 'events' with super bargains, and free goodie bags too! Really not good for my flexible friend!! lol.
They have closed now for a couple of days, so I expect to see the prices raised... but hopefully only to the last increase otherwise it will be quite a jump

Well this TSV has my name written all over it! I see an AD opportunity too.

Re Boots' prices, I thought it was illegal to put prices up for existing items (marked up and on your shelf so to speak) just because the range goes up in price. You can put the price up when you get the new stock in. Wasn't there a big to-do about that years ago and it was outlawed?

Well done on the bargain hunt. Don't you just hate it when they add sales tax on at the till?! I much prefer our inclusive pricing, you know where you are then, lol.

I hope you are having a lovely time in the US.

major irritation that is how much is the sales tax now it used to be 6% has it gone up

Yeah it is somewhat. Florida tax is 6.5% currently.

thats wierd cause i went to boots & they had lots of red berry & ceder reduced to clear so dont know where they got that from cause it was on their 3 for 2 offer before christmas

They brought it back temporarily I believe. I thought it was only in large jars though. I might be wrong.

Ha ha, definitely nothing like that! It's my all-time favourite YC scent and to me (apologies for sounding pervy) it smells fresh sweat on a hunky man on an amazing beach...not that I've ever been there, I've just got a good imagination ;)!!!!

On a less pervy note, it smells like an incredibly rich ozone smell, it's just gorgeous

Ha ha ha ha! I love your honesty, Tarketta! You paint a very clear picture.

Yes AndiK, it's for the full current range, across the different products - the only exception is for the USA exclusives which are £21.99 for the large jars. In addition, as long as you buy exactly the same items, they match QVC's prices as well.
They are a fully accredited Yankee Candle independent shop, who are also given access to limited editions not available even in the Yankee stores, and have regular 'events' with super bargains, and free goodie bags too! Really not good for my flexible friend!! lol.
They have closed now for a couple of days, so I expect to see the prices raised... but hopefully only to the last increase otherwise it will be quite a jump

How lovely to have a shop like that local to where you live! I shall make a note in case I'm ever down in that part of the world.

Well this TSV has my name written all over it! I see an AD opportunity too.

Re Boots' prices, I thought it was illegal to put prices up for existing items (marked up and on your shelf so to speak) just because the range goes up in price. You can put the price up when you get the new stock in. Wasn't there a big to-do about that years ago and it was outlawed?

I knew you'd be salivating at the very thought of this TSV, from what you've previously said. Be strong(ish).

Interesting if that's true about shop prices when there's a manufacturer increase. I wonder if my local Boots manager is just a bit overkeen and trying to get ahead of the game. I am not actually looking to buy so wasn't going to challenge it but I don't think I'd get anywhere with Boots HO if I complained anyway because a couple of years ago when I first got into Yankees, I was going to do a 3 for 2 offer on large jars and the shop here only had a choice of about 4 so I looked online and many of the large jars on the website were £24.99 then!! I rang them and said they must have made a mistake because I had never seen them anywhere at that price. They didn't seem particularly interested but did (apparently) check and call me back to say the £24.99 was right. Also, my Clinton's did it at the time of the last price rise - I actually saw someone going round with a price gun, changing them. Clinton's haven't priced things up yet this year though.

They brought it back temporarily I believe. I thought it was only in large jars though. I might be wrong.

There was a special Red Berry & Cedar large jar in a gift box at my Clinton's this Christmas (£21.99). They had them half price on Boxing Day so I bought one (did I just admit that?!). I haven't smelt it yet though.

There was a special Red Berry & Cedar large jar in a gift box at my Clinton's this Christmas (£21.99). They had them half price on Boxing Day so I bought one (did I just admit that?!). I haven't smelt it yet though.

Me too, AndiK, couldn't resist!!!

Bu99er, bu99er, bu99er! I hoped they would be dearer to put me off. Can we all stand in a circle, holding hands, and chant "No"?

Bu99er, bu99er, bu99er! I hoped they would be dearer to put me off. Can we all stand in a circle, holding hands, and chant "No"?

Sweet lord, AndiK, I think I'm powerless to resist, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sweet lord, AndiK, I think I'm powerless to resist, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Do you believe they can speak because they are definitely calling to me! Maybe it's only some of us that can hear. I need to remind myself how cross I was about Amexgate and how I've got jars spilling out everywhere.

Do you believe they can speak because they are definitely calling to me! Maybe it's only some of us that can hear. I need to remind myself how cross I was about Amexgate and how I've got jars spilling out everywhere.

Well I still have over half the jars from last year's seasonal TSV plus the many others I succumbed to last year, so maybe I will indeed be strong and resist...but then they are incredibly good value and I really fancy that Balsam & Clove one, plus I'm a sucker for beachy smells...gaaaahhhhhh

I shall get this, of course. At least some of the later ones are US fragrances according to Wax Addicts and I want the ones they have down for the UK too, loads of fresh and beach smells, yay! I shall have to try and resist if the endless Portrait sets come back! That is my only hope, lol.

:mysmilie_59:

Well I still have over half the jars from last year's seasonal TSV plus the many others I succumbed to last year, so maybe I will indeed be strong and resist...but then they are incredibly good value and I really fancy that Balsam & Clove one, plus I'm a sucker for beachy smells...gaaaahhhhhh

I am pretty sure I have more and that's not bragging :blush::blush:

Trouble is, although I normally go for sweet and foodie scents, I am converting to the fresher/outdoors-y/mood smells in the TSV/ADs and if the Q ones here are hard to get in the UK, it's all the harder to resist.

I shall get this, of course. At least some of the later ones are US fragrances according to Wax Addicts and I want the ones they have down for the UK too, loads of fresh and beach smells, yay! I shall have to try and resist if the endless Portrait sets come back! That is my only hope, lol.

:mysmilie_59:

Oh dear, the fact they are UK fragrances makes it all the harder for me.

Latest posts

Back