Yankee Candles TSV 09/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have Linden Tree and I love it - it's different... I'd say almost like a mix of a fresh floral and baby powder!

sorry guys, sniffed the wrong one! lol.
Linden Tree is like a more floraly version of Water Garden..... it's a really lovely light fresh floral, but exotic

Go for it, Minx in Space, I can live vicariously through your purchase!!!!

I'm dithering.. Thinking that it'd be quite a lot of candles to store, if I go for the auto delivery. Also that it's a shot in the dark as to whether or not we'll like the fragrances, then expensive to return / ship any unwanted candles sold on eBay. On the other hand, I do like the sound of most of the fragrances, and it would be fun to have seasonal candles arriving at regular intervals.

Thanks Mazza, I hope so as I absolutely love anything with lavender in it (love a bit of furniture polish, me) plus I'm partial to peachy smells too - looking at the Wax Addicts website, there is a lush-sounding 'Honey Lavender Gelato' coming out so I'll be on the lookout for that too ;)

Honey Lavender Gelato sounds a bit mad! You can eat lavender, can't you, so maybe it's a foodie type of fragrance? I like the sound of that, actually! Have you smelt the White Company's White Lavender fragrance? It's a nice, clean modern lavender, if you know what I mean, really lovely.

Thank you for that.:)
I did actually see the description on qvc page plus the fragrance notes but am stumped because I cannot even imagine what linden smells like!

I'd never heard of any of the top or middle notes in Linden Tree, so was similarly stumped!

I'm dithering.. Thinking that it'd be quite a lot of candles to store, if I go for the auto delivery. Also that it's a shot in the dark as to whether or not we'll like the fragrances, then expensive to return / ship any unwanted candles sold on eBay. On the other hand, I do like the sound of most of the fragrances, and it would be fun to have seasonal candles arriving at regular intervals.

Minx in Space, I know what you mean but I loved last year's TSV for exactly those reasons - regular delivery of different smells, some of which I wouldn't think I'd like, but loved. Admittedly, there were a couple I didn't like so much but all in all it was a fab purchase.

Honey Lavender Gelato sounds a bit mad! You can eat lavender, can't you, so maybe it's a foodie type of fragrance? I like the sound of that, actually! Have you smelt the White Company's White Lavender fragrance? It's a nice, clean modern lavender, if you know what I mean, really lovely.

Exactly! I'm hoping it's going to be a kind of dupe for Kringle Company's now discontinued Provence, a stunning mix of honey, orange, lavender and amber - oh that was so good. I love the White Company's one too - as you say, such a beautiful clean fragrance.

I had decided not to buy any more until I've finished all of my lovely stash.... but it's not going to happen as I love all of the new fragrances, and really like the descriptions of the next drop - and I doubt that these will be available easily elsewhere... and definitely not at £45 for the 3 delivered.
Going to leave the autodelivery after though as not keen on the autumn drop.
I haven't ordered yet as hoping for some easy-pays on the TSV on Monday...... I am so weak..... lol

I had decided not to buy any more until I've finished all of my lovely stash.... but it's not going to happen as I love all of the new fragrances, and really like the descriptions of the next drop - and I doubt that these will be available easily elsewhere... and definitely not at £45 for the 3 delivered.
Going to leave the autodelivery after though as not keen on the autumn drop.
I haven't ordered yet as hoping for some easy-pays on the TSV on Monday...... I am so weak..... lol

umm i dont think that is going to happen as Q will want most to enter the AD which cannot be done with easy pays but they might put the single drop on easy pay but there wont be a need i dont think as i think it will be very popular

I note from the EPG on my TV that there are only about three dedicated YC hours on Monday, whereas Decleor is on several times throughout the day. I wonder if that indicates low stock levels?

This TSV is also on incredibly early isn't it? I mean three days ahead of schedule (mine was shipped today) and yet the Decleor is still not up. So it all seems mysterious to me, but goodness knows what it signifies, if anything, LOL.

:mysmilie_59:

This TSV is also on incredibly early isn't it? I mean three days ahead of schedule (mine was shipped today) and yet the Decleor is still not up. So it all seems mysterious to me, but goodness knows what it signifies, if anything, LOL.

different companies get Q to put it up at different times to make it more intresting & various other factors

different companies get Q to put it up at different times to make it more intresting & various other factors

It is Q who decide how early a TSV becomes available not the individual companies!

I've read a few opinions on the forum saying they thought Yankee Candle quality was not as good as it was and I would agree.

I like the melts myself bought lots of new ones for Christmas this year and when I used them the scent disappeared almost straight away! Then found a box in the loft when getting the decorations down now these melts I found must have been at least six or seven years old but boy when melted where fab scented the whole house. Everyone else at home noticed too and liked them usually all I get is what's that stink now? yuch!

Although I would say Yankee are still better than the brand name home fragrance that you get at the supermarket as they make me feel like I'm suffocating! And irritate my husband's eyes. I also like the plug in fragrance but never buy the jar candles anymore. They are too expensive I was given a Peony jar at Easter and I was very disappointed smells nothing like peony well to me anyway,it just had a strange faint sweet smell a bit like shandy!!!!! Weird! but who knows that could just be my funny nose.

They've got Linden Tree in my local dept store and it really reminds me of another candle but I can't recall which ... so I'm not much help, am I? This description above is not bad though - it's a very "green" smell. Someone on the forum has got it and is burning/melting it so hopefully they can help further.

Sorry not at all well (relapsed last year) so hardly able to be on here these days and takes me a while to respond :(
But thanks so much for trying to help - and you did help anyway ;)

Are you going to get this Yankee tsv? X

I'd never heard of any of the top or middle notes in Linden Tree, so was similarly stumped!

Decisions, decisions ;) I think I will go for the single drop but then again amazon and other places such as love aroma offer some newish scent large jars for £15 with free pandp which I would prefer because I know what I'm buying snd know I will definitely like it. But then again if you can afford it, auto delivery would be fun :) And gifts of those you don't like!

You *can* eat lavender but if you've ever tried it, it's not terribly pleasant (to me anyway!) - very floral (unsupringly!) and fragrant. Ruined a nice cake and another time a nice dessert ;)
But it has potential as a candle, I think! Would be great if it was anything like any white company product ;)

I didn't even know that Yankee candles had top, middle and base notes like a perfume, think they should mention them on air!

Sorry not at all well (relapsed last year) so hardly able to be on here these days and takes me a while to respond :(
But thanks so much for trying to help - and you did help anyway ;)

Are you going to get this Yankee tsv? X

You really don't have to apologise! I am just sorry to hear you have been so unwell. Hopefully popping in here now and then takes your mind off things. I seem to remember you had a bad 2016, including a family bereavement? You so deserve a better 2017 and here's to it.

I am torn over the TSV. I note a number of people have already gone for it and, of old, I would have done the same. On the one hand, I having raging jealousy of all those who will be receiving these beauties (not just now but throughout the year) and on the other hand I have to be realistic and consider the huge pile of boxes containing candles in this very room where the computer is. They could very likely last me 10 years! I am going to try to be more selective and only buy what I know I really love and only when it's very cheap, on QVC or elsewhere.

Not sure I'm convincing anyone, including myself! :blush:

Decisions, decisions ;) I think I will go for the single drop but then again amazon and other places such as love aroma offer some newish scent large jars for £15 with free pandp which I would prefer because I know what I'm buying snd know I will definitely like it. But then again if you can afford it, auto delivery would be fun :) And gifts of those you don't like!

You *can* eat lavender but if you've ever tried it, it's not terribly pleasant (to me anyway!) - very floral (unsupringly!) and fragrant. Ruined a nice cake and another time a nice dessert ;)
But it has potential as a candle, I think! Would be great if it was anything like any white company product ;)

I didn't even know that Yankee candles had top, middle and base notes like a perfume, think they should mention them on air!

they dont normally but this is the first time they have ever shown or mentioned it so most likely will get mentioned

I've only ever tried lavender in chocolate, and - as far as I'm concerned - that makes everything taste wonderful! :nod: My sister got me a Fresh Fig body lotion from The White Company, and it smells so gorgeous! I'm having to discipline myself not to use it every day, or it'll be gone within a couple of weeks. Really sorry to hear you have been unwell. I hope you are soon feeling better, or - if it's a chronic condition - that you will at least have the respite of a better patch. Take care. xx

You really don't have to apologise! I am just sorry to hear you have been so unwell. Hopefully popping in here now and then takes your mind off things. I seem to remember you had a bad 2016, including a family bereavement? You so deserve a better 2017 and here's to it.

I am torn over the TSV. I note a number of people have already gone for it and, of old, I would have done the same. On the one hand, I having raging jealousy of all those who will be receiving these beauties (not just now but throughout the year) and on the other hand I have to be realistic and consider the huge pile of boxes containing candles in this very room where the computer is. They could very likely last me 10 years! I am going to try to be more selective and only buy what I know I really love and only when it's very cheap, on QVC or elsewhere.

Not sure I'm convincing anyone, including myself! :blush:

I know exactly what you mean. For me, it's not even principally about the money, it's the sheer ridiculousness of it all. I've always liked beauty and make-up, but have gone particularly mad over the last couple of years, and it has made me appreciate what a small footprint my Lola Rose bits have!! My beauty and make-up is certainly taking over in a way that my Lola Rose never has (and God knows that isn't for the lack of it!) so I can well imagine what it's like if candles are your thing, as they are really big and bulky. At least candles have a longer shelf life, whereas - if I carry on adding to my make-up at a similar rate - lots will finish up going to waste. I'm in the process of looking into where I can donate any make-up I'm unlikely to use, as I would love for someone else to have the enjoyment from it. Good luck resisting the TSV, but don't beat yourself up if you do cave, you've done so well since Amexgate!

Latest posts

Back