Yankee Candles TSV 09/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That makes me feel almost normal! :happy:

Yes I must confess, that did soothe my hoarding fears as I don't think I have more than 30 and I burn them regularly...which means I'll soon be in the market to restock, CURSES!!!! Just not via this TSV, I'm holding out for more lavender scents...

The TSV autodelivery is still available today. at the TSV price, and the autodelivery of the samplers and tealights is also still there too.
So what does this tell us........ were sales rubbish after all... does it make a difference if Rosa is unable to describe the scents to us because the future drops are just there for show?
Was the price actually too high?
Thoughts?

I like Rosa but perhaps our love affair with candles, and specifically Yankee candles is over, I know my interest has waned. There are only so many candles you can burn and or store in one home (of normal proportions!) so I've stopped buying them.

The TSV autodelivery is still available today. at the TSV price, and the autodelivery of the samplers and tealights is also still there too.
So what does this tell us........ were sales rubbish after all... does it make a difference if Rosa is unable to describe the scents to us because the future drops are just there for show?
Thoughts?

Yes I was thinking much the same thing - not having the actual scents there to discuss in the studio would have had a major effect on sales I'd imagine. Rosa is a great presenter and I'm sure her genuine enthusiasm for the scents 'in person' is an excellent sales tactic, so not having that for 3 of the drops would have probably put people off buying the ADs. Given the recent YC price hike, I think the price was excellent but obviously still not enough to sway people to buy completely unknown scents.

Just read on Q's FB page in one of the comments on the TSV, someone is saying they have 380 candles!?!?!?!?

I am so pleased you posted this! Phew, what a relief! Mind you surely they cannot be large and medium jars? She must be counting tiddlers as well. Otherwise, just how big is her house??. Perhaps we are in treasure wall territory here which, sorry Stephen, does sound a bit odd to me. Still I got my TSV and it has been shipped: I thought they were good value and I liked the sound of the fragrances. Only the martini one at the end sounds a slight/possible cakey vanilla risk but I remain optimistic.

The official U.K. Ones this year on Wax Addicts are looking very fresh and ozone based so I shall look out for those but must try to resist others. Perhaps they will have lots of foody bargain sets this year, then I can easily turn those down!

:mysmilie_59:

I am so pleased you posted this! Phew, what a relief! Mind you surely they cannot be large and medium jars? She must be counting tiddlers as well. Otherwise, just how big is her house??. Perhaps we are in treasure wall territory here which, sorry Stephen, does sound a bit odd to me. Still I got my TSV and it has been shipped: I thought they were good value and I liked the sound of the fragrances. Only the martini one at the end sounds a slight/possible cakey vanilla risk but I remain optimistic.

The official U.K. Ones this year on Wax Addicts are looking very fresh and ozone based so I shall look out for those but must try to resist others. Perhaps they will have lots of foody bargain sets this year, then I can easily turn those down!

Looking forward to hearing your 'cold sniff' assessment of the TSV, Mazza!!!

I just had a look and I am also very taken with the UK fragrances as I love the ozone smells. I do hope these come to Q on an AD deal as much as I don't usually stick up for Q, their YC deals are very competitive.

As for the FB collector, having seen some of the treasure wall pics in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't all large jars - just seems such a waste not to burn them! I've cracked open Star Anise & Orange today, lovely soothing smell.

Don't buy candles as they affect my chest but I did happen to have a look at QVC and it was a YC show. Rosa said to leave one of the electric warmers on low in holiday homes or caravans while not in use!!!!!! Don't think this is a sensible idea at all.

Don't buy candles as they affect my chest but I did happen to have a look at QVC and it was a YC show. Rosa said to leave one of the electric warmers on low in holiday homes or caravans while not in use!!!!!! Don't think this is a sensible idea at all.

No its not. A friend's husband is a fire man and insists one of the biggest causes of house fires are those plug in air fresher things. He refuses to let anyone in the family buy them.

Thoughts?

I think they do occasionally continue to offer other TSVs on Auto Delivery at the TSV price the next day. But I think the possible reasons you suggest for this one not selling out are correct.

Looking forward to hearing your 'cold sniff' assessment of the TSV, Mazza!!!

I just had a look and I am also very taken with the UK fragrances as I love the ozone smells. I do hope these come to Q on an AD deal as much as I don't usually stick up for Q, their YC deals are very competitive.

As for the FB collector, having seen some of the treasure wall pics in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't all large jars - just seems such a waste not to burn them! I've cracked open Star Anise & Orange today, lovely soothing smell.

Yes, so am I. As I didn't buy, I need to get my fix by way of other people's comments, so please keep posting opinions, everyone.

Well they are here and very cold. But my cold sniff test says,
Cherry Blossom has a very fruity top note so more fruit than floral at this stage. Nice though.
Mint. Just like picking a,sprig in the garden.
Linden Tree. Very floral, seems a bit lily of the valley to me. Not getting much sense if a tree, more the Blossom.

That sounds a bit negative but they are very nice in fact.

Well they are here and very cold. But my cold sniff test says,
Cherry Blossom has a very fruity top note so more fruit than floral at this stage. Nice though.
Mint. Just like picking a,sprig in the garden.
Linden Tree. Very floral, seems a bit lily of the valley to me. Not getting much sense if a tree, more the Blossom.

That sounds a bit negative but they are very nice in fact.

They sound lovely...is the cherry blossom anything like the L'Occitane cherry blossom, if you know that smell? I may yet weaken if that's the case as I love that smell, gaaaahhhh!

Funnily enough I asked myself that when I first smelt it. On reflection I would have to say not really, because it is more cherry fruit than the Loccy floral. But it is very perky in the same way that the Loccy one is.

I don't have any of the Loccy in the stash at the moment though to do a proper comparison,

I think they should go back to doing the Yankee shows sitting down, with the candles all around them, it used to look quite cosy like that.
Standing behind that desk/counter looks awkward and uncomfortable to me.

There was a special Red Berry & Cedar large jar in a gift box at my Clinton's this Christmas (£21.99). They had them half price on Boxing Day so I bought one (did I just admit that?!). I haven't smelt it yet though.

Me too, AndiK, couldn't resist!!!

Have you lit yours yet, Tarketta? What do you think? I was just debating whether I might light mine tomorrow (bit late now) or whether it's too Christmassy??

I think they should go back to doing the Yankee shows sitting down, with the candles all around them, it used to look quite cosy like that.
Standing behind that desk/counter looks awkward and uncomfortable to me.

Yes, somehow selling candles suits a more relaxed look, sitting back and chatting.

Have you lit yours yet, Tarketta? What do you think? I was just debating whether I might light mine tomorrow (bit late now) or whether it's too Christmassy??

I'm saving mine for next Chrimbo, this past one was all about using up the old ones so I'll start afresh this year - exciting stuff!!!

However, if you fancy lighting yours AndiK, I'd go for it, it's a timeless scent :)

the mint one was like wet weeds or green kale not nice at all. and i like aromatic scents just not this

I shall eagerly anticipate it's arrival!! :grin: This was very much the deadest wood of the 12 for me, was thinking it might be a good one for getting rid of kitchen smells but perhaps I'll eBay it.

Thoughts?

I spent the day dithering, and then forgot about it in the evening. Checked at 12:30am, and it was still available, at which point I decided it was clearly meant to be! :wink: I don't really see how they could have made this TSV any better, it was head and shoulders above that last afterthought. It was great value, included US exclusives and proper housewarmer jars, nice seasonal drops etc. I was really surprised it didn't sell out. I didn't see the shows, but - if Yankee could have seen their way clear to furnishing Rosa / Stephen(?) with descriptions of the auto delivery fragrances - I would certainly have thought that would have helped. I suspect the biggest problem, however, is that - as with all brands that have been successful for them - QVC have overdone it with Yankee over the last couple of years. The more people have, the choosier they eventually have to get, and the more different from all that has gone before each offering has to be, to tempt them to add to their stash and further exacerbate their storage issues (I speak from experience!!) Which is precisely why a number of the Christmas beauty TSV's seemed to struggle. I am looking forward to this one. I've got a hamper full of tea lights and votives, but only 1/2 a Verbena medium jar and 1/2 of two Christmas jars left, so I'm hoping we will enjoy these fragrances. We do love burning candles, using reed diffusers etc.

Latest posts

Back