Julia Roberts in a Mini Skirt...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Exactly sums things up. One of the first things I noticed about this forum, before I joined and was only 'lurking about', was how generous people are in sharing information. If something's good, I'm more than happy to praise it and encourage others to give it a try, but when something's carp, I will say so. I stopped shopping with Q because of a poor product, hyped up on screen by Mr C. Brooke, with some comments that turned out to be untrue, and when I received it I couldn't believe how poor it was for the money - IMO they had a flippin' cheek sending it out AND I had to get really narky and threaten, just to get my money plus p & p back! And I'm still waiting for my complaint letter to be answered (3 years and counting!!). Is that good customer service? Er, don't think so! Would I want anyone else to have the same experience? No. We all work too hard for our money, and why should sharks part us from it?

I'm a very positive person and in my real life, I very rarely complain, but with QVC I shopped for the first twenty years and I'm not going to say something is good when it isn't, that's unfair. I use QVC more as a catalogue now to see what's out there, but if anyone asks my opinion what QVC is like, I'll tell them poor/slow delivery, expensive p&p, slow refunds, more expensive than anywhere else, and I got a heck of a lot of used items sent out to me, actually about eight out of every ten was visibly used, when I'd had this experience for twenty years, why would I lie to someone and say it was amazing? that would be mean. The presenters show themselves up, and we can only comment on what we see.

Last edited:
If they were selling curtains/plants/cameras it wouldn't matter a toss. BUT these are the people who are hard selling good looks at eye watering prices so if they can't get it right then are they qualified to tell me what I should be buying?

Imagine going to a hairdresser with a cut that a blind man could do a petter job, or a dentist with bad breath, or a personal trainer weighing 18stone - you would run a mile and say plenty about it to others.

Sorry if you feel you have been picked on, I think perhaps you are more interested in the beauty items which you probably would buy outside of Q anyway so perhaps don't find the presenters and Groundhog Day shows as annoying as others.

Anyway please say your piece but accept that others might not always agree. Free speech and plenty of humour is what we want (I certainly don't want unwarranted **se licking).

I never said I'd been picked on - if you are regarding to me.

It is ironic that you suggested I should accept that others might not agree with my opinion. I just suggested I find women judging other women so scathingly on their appearance is sad & it's a shame they are still buying into that.
I've pretty much been told that maybe I should leave the board then.....

Yes of course you should judge women on more than their appearance and in real, everyday life that's what we do, but the women we're talking about here are sales people, so they get judged by what they're selling, like a hairdresser gets judges how their hair looks, a chef gets judged by how his food tastes, a nail technician gets judged on how their nails look, infact we judge absolutely everyone who offers us a service and how good that service is. I do find it hard to believe that you've never in your whole entire life said anything negative, about any woman ever, but remember that a negative comment doesn't make you a bad person.
Like I said, I just hope they don't read this forum, they'd probably be horrified.

Like I said, I just hope they don't read this forum, they'd probably be horrified.

Why? I'm quite sure it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to them what a bunch of people they don't know thought about them.

Well the men don't have fashion, thank goodness, but I find them all every bit as irritating as most of the women .

Last edited:
Just a couple of examples : if you turned up for work with a bulldog clip sticking out of your back to pull your blouse tight, nobody would comment? If you were squeezed into a dress or trousers too small for you - to the extent that you couldn't move properly - nobody would comment? I hardly think so, especially if your job involves work with the public - but these occurrences (and others like them) are just some examples of what's been seen on Q on many occasions! As to the presenters being horrified, I can't imagine this for one minute, although they could actually learn something from reading forums like this.

I wish they would read this forum and they may just find a few home truths rather than the bland sanitised version over on the QVC arsebook page where of course, everyone love everything and if they don't then Q delete the post....

I think the QVC presenters are fair game and I don't see the need to pander their fragile sensibilities, or anyone's on here for that matter. If Julia Roberts appears screen looking like Mother Flump with a belt for a skirt, telling us she's a size 12 then she will get some stick! If Jill Franks looks like a beanpole and starts behaving ridiculously, she will get some stick!

I think the QVC presenters are fair game and I don't see the need to pander their fragile sensibilities, or anyone's on here for that matter. If Julia Roberts appears screen looking like Mother Flump with a belt for a skirt, telling us she's a size 12 then she will get some stick! If Jill Franks looks like a beanpole and starts behaving ridiculously, she will get some stick!

My sister in her early 40s is like Jill Franks, naturally stick thin. My sister struggles to keep her weight up to 7 stone.
Why is it ok to talk about Jill Franks being so thin in a derogatory manner?
Does that impact on her presenting?
The bulldogs clips was a silly move - perhaps it was done to her, they are employees.

My sister in her early 40s is like Jill Franks, naturally stick thin. My sister struggles to keep her weight up to 7 stone.
The bulldogs clips was a silly move - perhaps it was done to her, they are employees.

Jill Franks is so thin she travels to work by FAX!

Jill's bulldog clip is now becoming a constant accessory and it is a downright lie to wear it.

She should just say they don't have it in her size and continue with the show. They don't cut the toes out of shoes to let a size 7 presenter wear a size 4.

Lol, she DOES look like Iggy Pop! "Nice day for a.... white weddinnnnnnng!"

"I am a passenger, and I ride and I ride with a bulldog clip diggin' in my side!
My number 11 lines do a dance, so as to lull you into a hypnotic trance!
I am a passenger, and I gasp and I wheeze, like and old pair o' bellows
that's been given a squeeze!
I am a passenger. I am a lady that lunches.
I see the city's darker side.
I have a face that scrunches.
Singing, la, la, la, la, la la la laaaaaa!
I am a passenger, and I ride and I ride, loving
every product - without which I'd die!
I am a passenger. And I'm a bit skinny.
I'm not domesticated. So I don't wear a pinny!
I just munch on a carrot stick and and feel guilty.
Me, me, me me, it's all about meeeeeeeeeeee!

No, Jill being so slim doesn't affect her presenting. I am more concerned by the misrepresenting of the goods for sale. She is not the only slim presenter who gets swamped by the clothes, but she is the only one we persistently see wearing a bulldog clip. If the clothes don't fit I would prefer that Jill either stops presenting clothes shows entirely, or at least doesn't wear the range. Julia often presents shoe shows in her own (often both ghastly and inappropriate) footwear... with the explanation that no samples are available in her size. On Emu shows she always wears her own Emu boots...

Exactly - be honest and say it's not in your size. It's downright lying - infact I'm often tempted to report them to standing standards.

Latest posts

Back