Clogau

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chuntley must be furious that she isn't presenting as I was under the impression that her acquired Welshness meant that no one but her was ever allowed anywhere near the stuff.

Do royalty get their wedding rings from QVC I wonder?

Probably not, as Q Clogau gold has about 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Welsh gold (allegedy) whereas the royal rings have 100% no doubt.

I think I heard that a piece of 100% Welsh gold is held in reserve for the royal rings

The current range is just passed over a picture of gold there is virtually none included- its all silver now.

I do notice that it sells for high sums on eBay and also quite a few are described as "new with defects " which makes me think there must be a hella lot of seconds.

I've just read the description and watched the video.

It is described as "silver and gold" but no mention of which parts are silver and which are gold.

So not only do you get just a "trace" of Welsh gold in the gold, it looks like you only get a trace of gold in the item.

The nearest thing the Welsh in this jewellery is when if flyes over Cardiff on the way from China. Like many things Q sell, this is where it's made now..

Clog eye eye jewellery has got to be the worst rip off in jewellery history, you can get actual real gold (and diamonds) for what they ask, thats of course if you don't want that microscopic piece of "Welsh" gold they pop in at the Chinese factory were it's made.

I've long found it funny how they flog this clog eye over-romanticised product. "Oooooh it's from the Valleys, it is!" So flipping WHAT?!!! It's GOLD. GOLD!! Elemental symbol: "Au," just like gold from anywhere ELSE. It's an element. If people want to pay top dollar for a bland piece of Chinese jewellery that incorporates one microscopic little fleck of so-called "Welsh gold," then more fool them!

I recall that Chunters designed a piece of jewellery for Clogau - which of course makes her...(drum roll) a Jewellery Designer!!! If I remember rightly, she only mentioned it in passing...and she passed by about 100,000 times during the show :yawn::headbang:
Chuntley must be furious that she isn't presenting as I was under the impression that her acquired Welshness meant that no one but her was ever allowed anywhere near the stuff.

I thought of CHuntley when watching a show yesterday. The model was Welsh (genuine not token or honorary) and said she had several pieces of Clogau. She didn't say if they were QVC pieces !

Most of the silver and gold pieces on yesterday were silver and gold vermeil. So a minuscule amount of gold. I thought they were very expensive for that. I have just been bought two Clogau pure gold and diamond pieces for a special anniversary and they are lovely. They came direct from Clogau and though expensive as any gold is at the moment compared to the silver, gold vermeil and white topaz pieces on QVC yesterday they seem good value.

Latest posts

Back