Lulu Guiness is sale preview

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The sale ends soon. Can anyone tell me whether there's much difference between the LG Cassis shade and Raspberry from a couple of seasons ago? I already have a Raspberry and two in Black Cherry (my all time favourite Lulu colour)

Come on bag ladies, what did you buy from the sale? Confess here and your shopping sins will be instantly absolved! :mysmilie_50:

I bought this:

http://www.luluguinness.com/london-print-laminate-vanity-case

Really pleased with it, it holds loads and it's so handy to be able to just chuck all my day to day make up / brushes in there, rather than them migrating all over the bathroom! I really love Lulu's designs, but was so disappointed with the two TSV bags I ordered, both of which had issues that I couldn't overlook for the money. Makes me wonder whether you have to spend more than £250 to get a decent Lulu bag, or whether it's just the dubious "made especially for QVC" ones that can be a bit ropey. Maybe a £400 bag in the sale would be a better bet? I've had totes, umbrellas, make up bags, notebooks etc, all of which I've been really pleased with. What have you got your eye on, Akimbo?

Well that's just spooky Minx, I went for a couple of the London print items, including the same vanity case! They just arrived and it looks good quality for the sale price. I also bought 2 of the large tote bags in the same design. The Mother-out-law has the mini umbrella in this print so one of the bags will be part of her birthday present in March.

I resisted the reds and pinks altogether in the end and bought the small Connie in Mist; I always find shoes and bags in greys very useful and this colour Mist has a slight blue cast to it. I have the Annie in Light Grey (was a TSV) which is a putty colour which looks great with warmer greens and browns. Connie is the perfect size for me; I never carry the kitchen sink with me but it holds all the basics so I'm very pleased.

I've a few bags (bought in the sale) that were originally around the £600 mark and they are still beautiful 5 or 6 years on. My experience of the QVC Lulu bags has been a bit mixed and I've returned a few. If you're paying a lot of money for a bag it has to be perfect to be a keeper, whatever the brand.

I've been thinking about getting one of the lips clutches that is in the sale, but my head keeps getting the better of my heart as my clumsiness level and a breakable Perspex bag probably aren't compatible :mysmilie_17:

I'm still undecided over either a Frances or Daphine. I'm feeling a bit anti shopping at the moment. Jewellery or bag or nothing???

Well that's just spooky Minx, I went for a couple of the London print items, including the same vanity case! They just arrived and it looks good quality for the sale price. I also bought 2 of the large tote bags in the same design. The Mother-out-law has the mini umbrella in this print so one of the bags will be part of her birthday present in March.

I resisted the reds and pinks altogether in the end and bought the small Connie in Mist; I always find shoes and bags in greys very useful and this colour Mist has a slight blue cast to it. I have the Annie in Light Grey (was a TSV) which is a putty colour which looks great with warmer greens and browns. Connie is the perfect size for me; I never carry the kitchen sink with me but it holds all the basics so I'm very pleased.

I've a few bags (bought in the sale) that were originally around the £600 mark and they are still beautiful 5 or 6 years on. My experience of the QVC Lulu bags has been a bit mixed and I've returned a few. If you're paying a lot of money for a bag it has to be perfect to be a keeper, whatever the brand.

Oh that's funny that you went for the same thing, hope you will be equally pleased with it. Good idea to get a tote for your MOL (lol!), as birthdays shortly after Christmas can be a bit tricky. Just looked at your bags, they're gorgeous, the Annie is very elegant. I've got a Radley bag at the moment. I, sadly, do seem to have to carry quite a bit with me, so am frequently tussling the zip closed! My bag is really light without my make-up, but - seeing as I'm never ready for anything - I normally have to finish getting ready on route! Took me ages to find a bag that was quite right, have been very happy with my Radley - I got it in the Ruby.

http://www.radley.co.uk/Nightingale-Small-Domed-Grab-Bag-714d61/

Completely agree that it's got to be perfect if you're buying an expensive bag. If you've got any niggling doubts, it's best just to return it and resume the search!

I'm still undecided over either a Frances or Daphine. I'm feeling a bit anti shopping at the moment. Jewellery or bag or nothing???

Alas, feeling anti shopping is a completely alien concept to me! The Frances is gorgeous, think I'd go for that! :) Or, if you're not convinced by any of the options, it may be better to wait.

Normally I could shop for England but at present seem to be a bit jaded - working lots of unpaid extra hours at present, feeling very tired, and can't seem to get up enough interest for my 2 weakness jewellery and bags.

At least 2 days of beauty means no Q as I'm not interested in potions and lotions - isn't the TSV about £140 - hell I could get a lovely bag for that and use something from Boots!

Off to have another browse- I've talked myself around!

I have been following the Lulu sale as usual as it's the only time I buy the bags (having seen the sale prices, QVC's prices make my eyes water). I thought, as I have saved a small fortune by not buying anything at all from QVC this month, I might treat myself to a bag. Having held out while sale prices have come down further, I thought it was a sign when today I got an email with voucher codes for 25% off or free P&P so was checking out when I realised the codes must be for non-sale items only. Well, I kind of guessed that would be the case. I can't decide whether to go for it still.

Anyone got any opinions re the small Frances in. the Appliqué or the nude rose?

I personally prefer the nude rose, as I love pink and I really like the lip charm they have on the solid colours. I'd say the nude rose is more pretty and classic, and the appliqué one is more abstract and modern. Hope things settle down at work soon, there's nothing worse than working long hours and not even getting paid for it!

I have been following the Lulu sale as usual as it's the only time I buy the bags (having seen the sale prices, QVC's prices make my eyes water). I thought, as I have saved a small fortune by not buying anything at all from QVC this month, I might treat myself to a bag. Having held out while sale prices have come down further, I thought it was a sign when today I got an email with voucher codes for 25% off or free P&P so was checking out when I realised the codes must be for non-sale items only. Well, I kind of guessed that would be the case. I can't decide whether to go for it still.

Yes, I've been sent a few discount codes, only to swiftly realise that sale items aren't eligible - they're not silly, are they?! What one did you have your eye on?

Yes, I've been sent a few discount codes, only to swiftly realise that sale items aren't eligible - they're not silly, are they?! What one did you have your eye on?

During the summer sales, Lulu Guinness themselves tend to offer discounts like 10% off £125 spend, 20% off £225, specifically on sale items. The code yesterday was in an email from one of these general code sites and the terms weren't clear but I thought it was unlikely to work because the day before, Lulu had started offering a further 10% off in the sale. Anyhoo, I may yet give in and buy something.

I have had my eye on a Cesca. My main thing is I have to picture myself carrying a bag before I buy and a lot of LG ones just don't work for me. I absolutely love many styles but really I know it's because they are "things of beauty" and I am actually unlikely to use them much, if at all. The Cesca appeals because of its size and shape and therefore, for me, its practicality. I'm certainly not all about the practical side but when you have as many bags as I do, most of which have hardly ever been out for a walk with me, you have to be a bit circumspect sometimes!

Anyway, having just explained myself in a vain attempt at justification of another bag, I just checked the website and the Cesca has sold out. There you go - fate! But could I just add :sad::sad::sad:

Sorry you missed out on the Cesca, AndiK, but sometimes in life these things are meant to be, there is clearly another bag out there for you! :happy:

At the moment there's an extra 10% off sale with the code lips10.

Money's a bit tight for me at the moment so I've given myself a good talking to and I won't be getting anything in the sale. However, I love this tricolour look she's done in her new season http://www.luluguinness.com/first-look-ss17/tricolour-grainy-leather-large-gertie (I wouldn't get the Gertie as I hate "flap" bags, but it looks so stylish and I hope she brings the tricolour look to some other styles)

My main thing is I have to picture myself carrying a bag before I buy

I know what you mean about that. I love my LG bags in warmer months or when I'm wearing a smarter coat, but Winter's are harsh round here and carrying a beautiful LG bag whilst wearing a (woefully necessary) bulky padded hooded waterproof coat just doesn't really look right.

Sorry you missed out on the Cesca, AndiK, but sometimes in life these things are meant to be, there is clearly another bag out there for you! :happy:

At the moment there's an extra 10% off sale with the code lips10.

Money's a bit tight for me at the moment so I've given myself a good talking to and I won't be getting anything in the sale. However, I love this tricolour look she's done in her new season http://www.luluguinness.com/first-look-ss17/tricolour-grainy-leather-large-gertie (I wouldn't get the Gertie as I hate "flap" bags, but it looks so stylish and I hope she brings the tricolour look to some other styles)

Ah, thanks! I feel better when I get sympathy, especially from someone who understands the internal conflict! Yes, this one wasn't meant to be - I was having to persuade myself so that tells me something.

That bag you link to has a nice look! I'm not wild about flap-over bags either. I will hold off for now.

I know what you mean about that. I love my LG bags in warmer months or when I'm wearing a smarter coat, but Winter's are harsh round here and carrying a beautiful LG bag whilst wearing a (woefully necessary) bulky padded hooded waterproof coat just doesn't really look right.

Exactly! My winter coat is fairly smart but it has a big shawl collar and shoulder bags keep falling off so it has to be one that goes on the crook of my arm (hence the Cesca would've been good). But more than that, it's the look of the bag with the style of what I am wearing, yes.

During the summer sales, Lulu Guinness themselves tend to offer discounts like 10% off £125 spend, 20% off £225, specifically on sale items. The code yesterday was in an email from one of these general code sites and the terms weren't clear but I thought it was unlikely to work because the day before, Lulu had started offering a further 10% off in the sale. Anyhoo, I may yet give in and buy something.

I have had my eye on a Cesca. My main thing is I have to picture myself carrying a bag before I buy and a lot of LG ones just don't work for me. I absolutely love many styles but really I know it's because they are "things of beauty" and I am actually unlikely to use them much, if at all. The Cesca appeals because of its size and shape and therefore, for me, its practicality. I'm certainly not all about the practical side but when you have as many bags as I do, most of which have hardly ever been out for a walk with me, you have to be a bit circumspect sometimes!

Anyway, having just explained myself in a vain attempt at justification of another bag, I just checked the website and the Cesca has sold out. There you go - fate! But could I just add :sad::sad::sad:

Oh I hate it when that happens! :sad: Things often sell out whilst I'm dithering, but I console myself with the fact that I spend enough money without getting everything I take a fancy to! As Ellaaa says, another bag will come along with your name on it! :nod:

Oh I hate it when that happens! :sad: Things often sell out whilst I'm dithering, but I console myself with the fact that I spend enough money without getting everything I take a fancy to! As Ellaaa says, another bag will come along with your name on it! :nod:

Yes, my heart sank at first but within a few seconds I could rationalise it in the ways you say. I still appreciate the mutual consolation on here!

Latest posts

Back