The best thing about my Christmas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pick-a-Lily

was that summer?
IMG_2138.jpg
Was this guy!

Oh bless his heart, he's looking so grown up! How many months is he now? About 7? I love his little festive neckerchief! We went to the park on Christmas Day, and there were lots of people out with their dogs in Christmas jumpers, neckerchiefs, scarves etc. We never thought we'd be ones for dressing up our dog, but decided to get him a Christmas jumper for a bit of fun last year, just a cheap one so we wouldn't have wasted much if he didn't want to wear it. Turned out he loved it, and ran around wagging his tail, proudly showing himself off to all the family! We still only put it on for short bursts, as don't want him getting too hot, but he looks SO cute in it! He's absolutely gorgeous, Pick-a-Lily, and I hope he will enrich your lives as much as our boy has ours for the last 11 years.

Thank you, must admit I am hopelessly smitten with him! He will be 9 months old at new year, the time is flying by. I don't think he's far off fully grown now, he weighed around 14kgs at the last count, which was a couple of months ago.
Behaviour wise, he is settling down really nicely and we've had no real difficulties with chewing etc. He is super friendly with people, children and other dogs, which is a big help. We make new friends on a daily basis just by going for a walk, and I certainly don't have any difficulty getting my ten thousand steps a day now!

Thank you, must admit I am hopelessly smitten with him! He will be 9 months old at new year, the time is flying by. I don't think he's far off fully grown now, he weighed around 14kgs at the last count, which was a couple of months ago.
Behaviour wise, he is settling down really nicely and we've had no real difficulties with chewing etc. He is super friendly with people, children and other dogs, which is a big help. We make new friends on a daily basis just by going for a walk, and I certainly don't have any difficulty getting my ten thousand steps a day now!

It's a lot of work having a puppy, and can be a big shock if not properly prepared for it, but it's really rewarding when your training starts paying off. Our dog was good with the chewing and got the hang of the toilet training quite quickly, but was really bad at night. We were only getting about 3 hours a night, and this went on for several months, but we were already so in love with him that it made it all worth it. He's our first dog, so we learnt as we went along, and there are obviously things we'd do differently another time. He makes us laugh every day, and is such a loving and happy dog. He doesn't mind what we're doing, as long as he's with us. I think one of the nicest things about having a dog is the people you get to meet and chat with on walks, having that shared interest seems to totally break down those barriers, which is another reason why they make such excellent companions for people on their own. I can quite see why you're so smitten with your beautiful boy. Is he a cocker?

Yes, a blue roan show type Cocker. He's just adorable, well behaved, super friendly and, as you say, just loves to be with us whatever we happen to be doing. He was toilet trained within a week or so, very quick to catch on. Night times where a bit tricky at first, partly because it was coming daylight around 3am when we first got him. Covering his crate at night, and the encroaching winter and shorter days helped a lot, now he sleeps undisturbed all night long. A little angel, really :mysmilie_48: I could not have chosen a better dog.

Yes, Waterlily, more info please! Has (s)he had an eye removed, or is that a wink?
Meanwhile, here's my boy enjoying the sunshine on the beach yesterday!
IMG_2152.jpg

Latest posts

Back