Amazon Echo TSV 28/1/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It may be the pitch of his voice coupled with how loudly he's speaking.

Call Amazon and ask how to get help from the Echo team... they are still developing the software etc so may have some good insight.

Try changing the name then Echo and see if she recognises his speech with that waking word.

We have tried all the waking words and still she ignores him so I'll call Amazon and see if they can help in any way. Thanks again Tiddlywinks :)

just muted it this morning and i dont believe i am the only one sick to death listening to alexa this alexa that.

I admit I haven't watched these presentations but the bits I have seen it would drive me mad 'asking Alexa'-- not for me but I am very non techy & listening to Lee Holbien (sp?) is a form of torture.

Hubby picked up the dot in Argos on Saturday for under £50 and spent all afternoon setting skills and talking to it. He set up the meow meow skill so intended to have a bit of fun teeming the cat but she let us down by not showing any interest.

We have been enjoying the dot It's set up in the bedroom so good to set the alarm for the morning and then getting it to play a Hancock half hour whilst I fall to sleep. Goes off a dream in the morning and then as we are in and out the bedroom getting ready for work, we change the radio station depending who is in the room at the time. It's a wonder it hasn't got very confused.
It's all a bit of fun but glad we didn't pay more for the echo

personally i am techie but think that thing is a pain in the a**e and would not have it in the house but each to their own i guess.

I admit I haven't watched these presentations but the bits I have seen it would drive me mad 'asking Alexa'-- not for me but I am very non techy & listening to Lee Holbien (sp?) is a form of torture.

I couldn't agree more, Lee Holbien and Abby Horne the other techy bod should be gagged, they would both do my head in, I rush for the off button as soon as they appear, regardles of what they are trying to sell.

So I could just have it in the kitchen and ask it to play BBC radio London?
No Ariel, no special subscriptions?

Yes that's right just connect via wifi , I have just checked and can get London radio on mine, just make sure the tunein radio app is installed, its free

Latest posts

Back