L'Occitane TSV 26/01/17 - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sazza View Post
    The Hydrafloral water is meant to go on after arommessence/serum.
    I tried it that way but prefer it beforehand as it makes the serum go further - certainly works for me

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Thank you everyone for the info. I use a serum then a moisturiser and don't want to add another step into the routine, but it is always interesting to know what's what!!
    Likes Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miss molly View Post
    Nice TSV but use within 3 months when opened Alexis has just said.
    I'm inclined to say that's only applicable to the smallest pot, which is the eyecream. Standard advice for eyecream is to discard after 3 months for hygiene reasons. I doubt that the same applies to the whole kit, as I've used the face cream before and I'm sure it had a longer opened shelf life than Elemis (which is 6 months when opened). To be fair, though, my pot was the previous formulation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
    I'm inclined to say that's only applicable to the smallest pot, which is the eyecream. Standard advice for eyecream is to discard after 3 months for hygiene reasons. I doubt that the same applies to the whole kit, as I've used the face cream before and I'm sure it had a longer opened shelf life than Elemis (which is 6 months when opened). To be fair, though, my pot was the previous formulation.
    I'm not at home right now to peruse my pots to confirm this.

In the end I decided to sit on my hands, but I'm really pleased that it did well... as hopefully that will encourage QVC and L'Occitane that there is an appetite for further skincare TSVs in future.
    Likes warwa100 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
    I tried it that way but prefer it beforehand as it makes the serum go further - certainly works for me

You are absolutely right that the best way (and cheaper too) is to apply any oil-based serums onto slightly damp skin.. It's what I've been told by beauticians as well, so not just commonsense but professional advice. It may be even cheaper for you if you apply the oil directly after you have used toner (assuming you do use a toner).

In the current weather, my routine in the morning is cleanse, tone [no blotting skin dry], aromessence neroli, hydrafloral water, aurabsolu cream. If I was suffering less from the cold air, I'd go with just the hydrafloral water... if I was suffering more, I would be applying the aromessence both before and after the hydrafloral water and then also adding the aurabsolu cream.
    Thanks Tarketta thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This a a one time only today
    Hope the use by dates are ok ....?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jordie_tart View Post
    This was a 5 piece set the OTO today is a 4 piece, here is link

http://www.qvcuk.com/LOccitane-4-Pie...ml?sc=PRODFEED

Post Thanks / Like

theres retinol in this it leave my skin so dry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
    theres retinol in this it leave my skin so dry
    Did you apply retinol on dry or damp skin? If damp, that could be why. Best to apply on dry skin, and follow by a good dose of oil.
    Thanks boffy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by jordie_tart View Post
    Just received mine and checked the batch codes - the big pot manufactured November 2016 (not checked others but either late 2016/early 2017...) - so old stock leftover from the TSV.
    Have called out (get me with my love island speak, lol!) QVC on this before when I ordered a travel set of L’occi Stuff that was past its official sell by date (FYI: THEY REFUNDED ME IN FULL, HA!)

Here are the 2 sites you can check on - I tend to ask eBay sellers for the info when they claim something is ‘brand new’ as well...

http://www.checkfresh.com/

http://m.checkcosmetic.net/

Hopefully you can see these or google the names
    Last edited by The Gin Queen; 14-06-2018 at 02:00 PM.
    Thanks AndiK thanked for this post