Jane Plan POTD monday, possible cheaper alternative?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grippeh

Registered Shopper
hey lovelies :)

I have seen that IW are doing a Jane Plan POTD monday, so either tonight at 9pm or Monday at 9pm.
Just got a Groupon email and they have a Diet Chef offer. As these sorts of plans are quite similar I thought I'd pop a quick heads up for anyone who may be tempted by the Jane Plan.

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/die...age&utm_campaign=diet-chef-meal-plan-hamper-1

Goodness, hope that link comes out? But if not, just head to groupon.co.uk and search for 'diet chef'.

Happy New Year y'all.

I don't know if anyone else saw that programme on Itv this week testing out the various diets on the market? Although it was diet chef, not Jane Plan being tested, but same as, same as! I watched with interest as they worked out much each pound in weightloss cost per pound in money!..and diet chef came out near the top.(ie, one of the cheapeast!) However, the experiment that included 6 people on six different diets was so flawed, all different people of different genders and age groups, all with different weights, and differing amounts of weight that needed to be shed in order to be a healthy weight, so hardly surprising that the overweight fella in his twenties, who along with his trial diet hit the gym three times a week lost more weight than the 61 year old fella, who for obvious reasons had to take a slower pace! Not only that, when trialling the diets that consisted on buying normal food from the shops, they spent way way over the odds for the food, and didn't once suggest that you can buy fresh food cheaper, one diet worked out at an eyewatering £600 for one month...and I guess it would if you bought it all from Fortnum and Mason instead of Morrisons, and they didn't seem to take into account that once you'd bought that expensive jar of something or other, it's gonna last you a damned sight longer than just one or two meals!

With regards to Diet Chef, what they did agree though, is that for a kick start to a new you, it's pretty good, but it's costly, especially if you have a family to feed as well, impractical for the same reason, and suggested that living on ready meals isn't a great idea...tell me something new!

So Please Go Back To Jo Burg Jo is shilling Jane Plan, again, and perhaps unsurprisingly she's on it, again.

Doesn't say much for all of her kitchen fat reducing and keep fit gizmos that she claims to use regularly :mysmilie_59:

Nanty's just owned up to being a night time nibbler :mysmilie_11:

Imagine the crumbs getting stuck in those ginger whiskers?

As an interesting side note he said he had a Cheese and Onion Sandwich last week, 550 calories.

I bet the time must just fly by when you're with Nanty :mysmilie_59:

Imagine the crumbs geting stuck in those ginger whiskers?

As an interesting side note he said he had a Cheese and Onion Sandwich last week, 550 calories.

I bet the time must just fly by when you're with Nanty :mysmilie_59:

She's just dished up some fancy sounding pasta in tomato sauce.......I counted seven spoonfuls in total......he said it was restaurant quality. If it's as delicious as they always say, you'd think they'd eat more than the little bit they're told to.

Is his Mother on it?

He's 'not being funny' AGAIN but Jane's been here a couple of years now........

She's just dished up some fancy sounding pasta in tomato sauce.......I counted seven spoonfuls in total......he said it was restaurant quality. If it's as delicious as they always say, you'd think they'd eat more than the little bit they're told to.

Is his Mother on it?

No, but I bet he just wishes me Dad could have been on it. Have you noticed how sneaky they are when they put the meal in an earthenware pot?

Half the pot (the end furthest away from the camera) is made up from vegetables they've added themselves :mysmilie_15:

He's also 'not being funny' but everyone talks about her lasagne :dull:

Lasagne is the talk of the town around here.

And he said 'And I have to be honest :mysmilie_15: but most people order in the second half of the 'show' :mysmilie_59:

It was the first thing I noticed!

And he genuinely just said : -

'It's all your meals taken care of, that's no shopping at the Supermarket. The only thing we do say you MIGHT want to add some extra Fruit, Veg, a little bit of Milk for the Cereals'

Well they certainly add double the amount of Veg, every time :mysmilie_59:

He likes the fact there are no shakes, I'll remember that next time they do one with shakes! I

Last night he said The Cruise Show is his favourite 'show'.

Earlier that same day he said Luggie is his favourite 'show'.

Can we see a pattern here? :mysmilie_59:

I thought the gardening hour with Ang was his favourite??

I never hear any other presenter, apart from Gollum, use her surname.

I know what my favourite 'show' is.

Any without Nanty.

Most Goons probably don't use Zsa Zsa's surname because they can't keep up with them :mysmilie_59:

gardening is his favourite he jumps about like a little boy looking for sweets i was going to say jumps about like a fairy but i had better not.

Rather than start a new thread, I knew there was a few about Jane Plan, so I thought I'd add to this one. It's the time of the year when lots of people are thinking about trying to lose a few pounds, so cue Jane plan. It's been said before but I think the only pounds you'd lose on this would come from your bank account, or through the fact it's so inedible you don't finish your meals. To be fair I've not tried the plan, and the stuff could be absolutely delicious as Jane says...but they don't look it, and in my experience ready meals are never as good as a proper hearty home made version made from scratch.
What compelled me to bulk this thread was the fact I have just witnessed Jane spoon out a worryingly grey looking slop ontop of a small portion of plain rice, salad and a couple of fresh figs? This was supposed to be a chicken korma....Then she had the cheek to slag off the kormas you buy in the Indian takeaway for being worryingly orange in colour, with a layer of oil on top...I know what I'd rather have. An Indian takeaway for most is a "treat" because they're not cheap, not that healthy...but a yummy meal you've not had to cook yourself, but for some reason it's ok to spend £120 plus a further £8 to get delivered 20 days worth of miniscule portions of dodgy looking slop for one person...The korma from the takeaway will comfortably feed two and will probably come with pilau rice instead of plain boiled. Jane I am not tempted. I really don't know how anyone, even if they find the food edible can see this plan as good value for money. Might save a bit of time but to be fair a single trip down to Iceland or any supermarket could buy you the same stuff for a fraction of the price! Oi Jane....NO!!

As someone who spent a ridiculous amount of money on Diet Chef, pretending I liked it, don't buy it. It's actually horrible. I haven't tried the Jane Plan but suspect it's the same. How can food be good when it doesn't need refrigerating or freezing and it lasts forever. Don't waste your money.

Forgive me if I have missed something, but didn't Ideal World feature on a recent TV show, auditioning for new presenters? I seem to remember they settled on 2 people, but I havent heard or seen anything from them since? Anyone here know anything? :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back