The Jane plan. Anybody tried it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But when it comes to diet, health and fitness I think it's the atrocious Rick Hay that should be called on. We've had to listen to this knarled little wombat for years now, pretending to be something special when all he comes across as is a shill who endlessly flogs cheap fitness gadgets on Britain's most downmarket shopping channel however, where are his visible results?

Just look at him. Would he get away with it in Australia I wonder? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13253View attachment 13254

Even Peter Simon appears to have a better body than Rick Hay, and you can really see the difference when they bring on someone else. There's someone called Ian who has occasionally appeared in the fitness segments; I haven't checked his credentials but at least he actually looks like a real fitness instructor :mysmilie_59:

I won't give you my life story, but just a couple of things to hopefully show I do know where you're coming from. I've been Agoraphobic since 17, now 41, and 5 years ago was size 22 jeans and about 26 top, my BMI was 38.5, medically obese. I've done all the see saw weight loss and diets, but what really changed was when I changed my whole idea of food and eating.

For me, now a size 10 woohoo, its about compromise, if I want a curry tonight, I realise I need to have salad for dinner :) I bargain and calorie count everything. Obviously it's mega hard at first, especially without being able to go out or exercise, but one trick which might help, make your meal as usual, then take just a third off the plate, pop it onto a little plate or dish and leave it in the kitchen. I used to try this and tell myself "look, if you're still hungry when you've emptied the 2/3rds plate, then just go get the other 3rd" but I rarely did, woohoo.

Another great tip, is find low calorie stuff you LIKE. I used to buy apples and week upon week sling the bag full away, because I really don't like apples, but grapes, now I can eat a punnet a day if allowed :) Plain popped corn with nothing on some people like and you can graze on that, low calorie hot choccy will sometimes stop me having a sweet treat, get fun-size bars of the choccy you like.

Just try and work with yourself, realise your weak spots, maybe it's a ruby murray once a week, so 'save up' calories accross the other 6 days so you can have it guilt free :) The other thing I can strongly advise, is really work out WHY you want to do it, the reason that will keep you going, or getting back on the wagon when you've fallen off, work out what it is and stick it on a sheet of A4 coloured card in every room of your house. For me, it wasn't the health, it wasn't the fact I was horrible and felt like a monster, I met a new partner, and when he took his shirt off, my legs went jelly, and it hit me "I want HIM to look at me and HIS legs go jelly" and that kept me going, silly huh :)

Hope to goodness I haven't patronised you, but no, give these shystery plans a miss, change things slowly, little by little and before you know it you'll be like me, who CHOSE steamed veggies for tea over a chinese takeaway, I mean...really??!?! Even I struggle to believe I did that :p

Sally was encouraging debt again yesterday. She literally screeched, together with those gesturing claws : -

'Don't think because you've got bad credit you can't get Flexipay, we take on absolutely everyone just as long as you have a UK address and a credit or debit card'.

Forget Kevinski's ripoff watches, this behaviour is as bad as it gets. I believe it's quite unprecedented and I can only assume it stems from desperation :mysmilie_59:

Sally was encouraging debt again yesterday. She literally screeched, together with those gesturing claws : -

'Don't think because you've got bad credit you can't get Flexipay, we take on absolutely everyone just as long as you have a UK address and a credit or debit card'.

Forget Kevinski's ripoff watches, this behaviour is as bad as it gets. I believe it's quite unprecedented and I can only assume it stems from desperation :mysmilie_59:

Sounds a little all to familiar, even bid esk. Shock jock schlock's the lot of them, and they bl##dy well know it!

I also hate it when she does this, Wirral. We all appreciate it is up to each individual to regulate their own spending, but I think it's totally irresponsible for any presenter to encourage people who might already have debt issues to get even further into debt. Why does she even need to mention if anyone has debt issues - what the hell business is it of hers? Is she a debt counsellor? This channel are far too glib about flexi-pay, especially the Pope, with his glib quotes about "it's only....£." when this is just one flexi-pay payment. I keep saying it I know, but these channels really do need to be pulled into line, and certain IW presenters are especially bad. Could this be the year when they all get a pull from a Regulating Authority that has some clout? I hope so, but somehow I doubt it!

This is where the presenters totally lose credibility - everything is the best ever, has changed their lives, changed their families/friends' lives, etc. etc. until the next similar thing comes on, and then they repeat it all over again. They must think their audience are complete idiots. I realise they are there to sell, but it seems they don't realise, or don't care, what a figure of fun they become by pretending that each and every product is the best ever. As for Jacks, at present I can't make up my mind whether I dislike her or Dee Knees the most of the females. Jacks shrieking and screechy voice is bad, but De Knees seems to be getting worse, she talks in such a drawn-out drawl that she sounds half asleep: I just saw a bit of the Lavitta fashion hour, and was hoping she'd finish saying the words.."meeediummm is a sizzze 16-18" before the 10 o'clock news came on.

You think De Knees is slow now but did you watch her when this shower first started? It was painful, like two second intervals between each word. Her constant pronounced love of the colour black, when she's doing the fashion hours, gets on my wick. She gets all giddy and giggly ffs, winds me right up! In fact, apart from her trousers, her tops are anything but black!

I've happened to come across Foghorn Jax twice today whilst flicking through, lucky me.......first time she was with Figface and she's got the vibradisc, so she does know what she's talking about.......so there! Then I happened to see her on the Woodland Leather POD and she has got that too and she's bought her Mother one as well!!!!!!!!!! Blow me down, the model (our Simone) bought her Mother one too as well as herself. I think I remember Lynn said in the past that she's bought her Mother one and I remember Loen showing photos of her Mother, she bought her two!!!!!!!!

I need to have a word with my daughter :mysmilie_10:

Edit: Goes without saying that Shaun's Mam has one but don't know who bought that, maybe Jase :mysmilie_8:

I'm surprised any of you still watch this crap. I stopped watching ages ago and now my medication is at a lower and more managable level.

I can't stand Sal and the nasty, former Bid TV lot. Hang the lot of them.

I'm surprised any of you still watch this crap. I stopped watching ages ago and now my medication is at a lower and more managable level.

I can't stand Sal and the nasty, former Bid TV lot. Hang the lot of them.

I don't really watch anymore. I'm down to just flicking through a couple of times a day :mysmilie_19:

Still watch now and again for a collectable watch bargain :giggle:

There is something addictive for me watching these clowns make clowns of themselves not sure what that says about me although in my defence i only watch now and again (that is the truth honest)

Momma, heavens above, she's bad enough now, so I'd hate to have seen her when she first started. She also has that rictus grin on her face all the time - it's quite unnerving, and I caught a glimpse of her today sitting in a chair grinning at the camera and still talking in that slow drawl. I tell you, it was scary, like something from a Hitchcock film.
I've come to the conclusion that Jacks has bought the company or something - she's never off the ruddy screen, although as I posted elsewhere today, she nearly fell off the Vibrapower this morning. As for all the IW products she buys, she's probably in good company with Woodland Leathers - the Queen's got one, Kate's got one, Mrs Trump's got one, all bought from IW of course (only joking Your Majesty, Your Royal Highness and prospective First Lady). Talk about the Pinnochio syndrome.

You think De Knees is slow now but did you watch her when this shower first started? It was painful, like two second intervals between each word. Her constant pronounced love of the colour black, when she's doing the fashion hours, gets on my wick. She gets all giddy and giggly ffs, winds me right up! In fact, apart from her trousers, her tops are anything but black!

I've happened to come across Foghorn Jax twice today whilst flicking through, lucky me.......first time she was with Figface and she's got the vibradisc, so she does know what she's talking about.......so there! Then I happened to see her on the Woodland Leather POD and she has got that too and she's bought her Mother one as well!!!!!!!!!! Blow me down, the model (our Simone) bought her Mother one too as well as herself. I think I remember Lynn said in the past that she's bought her Mother one and I remember Loen showing photos of her Mother, she bought her two!!!!!!!!

I need to have a word with my daughter :mysmilie_10:

Edit: Goes without saying that Shaun's Mam has one but don't know who bought that, maybe Jase :mysmilie_8:

Blimey, that is really blatant. QVC always try to push customers down the easy pay route, as they'd rather they used their last £50 on the first instalments of three items than on paying for one item outright. I've not really watched any of the other shopping channels, but it seems like they could all do with being much more tightly regulated.

Blimey, that is really blatant. QVC always try to push customers down the easy pay route, as they'd rather they used their last £50 on the first instalments of three items than on paying for one item outright. I've not really watched any of the other shopping channels, but it seems like they could all do with being much more tightly regulated.

I have no doubt that Ideal World and QVC, both of which truly are retail dinosaurs, would be out of business if they didn't offer 'available to any Tom, Dick or Harry' instalments.

However, Ideal World is now egregiously encouraging the use of Flexipay by anyone, even those in debt. In my opinion this might suggest that things are not going so well there, I've honestly never heard anything like it.

Maybe it's telling? :mysmilie_59:

Well firstly thank you all for your replies! Some really valuable help in there :)

I decided against the Jane plan in the end. I thought I'd email them via their website just to see what their response would be if I detailed my own circumstances. They sent back a decent reply, but managed to either avoid certain questions (like cost in the long run) or skirt around certain things that I asked. Compared to a company called Just Vitamins, where I get my vitamins from (bet you couldn't work that out from their name eh?) who were magnificent when I wanted some help and advice.

I've seen that other fitness guy showing off some of the gym gear as well (the bearded one?) but can't take him seriously as he looks like screech from Saved by the Bell :)

But yeah, that aussie dude who does the vibra thingy, he should look absolutely toned and a perfect specimen. But he just looks like a guy who isn't overweight but that doesn't actually exercise!

I do have a really nice treadmill here but walking for me is difficult as it is painful. But I have ordered some heel raisers and nice comfy trainers, just to help with the way I walk. I have put off using that treadmill, but it is time I dusted it off and just started eating more sensibly.

Thanks once again you lovely people :)

Well firstly thank you all for your replies! Some really valuable help in there :)

I decided against the Jane plan in the end. I thought I'd email them via their website just to see what their response would be if I detailed my own circumstances. They sent back a decent reply, but managed to either avoid certain questions (like cost in the long run) or skirt around certain things that I asked. Compared to a company called Just Vitamins, where I get my vitamins from (bet you couldn't work that out from their name eh?) who were magnificent when I wanted some help and advice.

I've seen that other fitness guy showing off some of the gym gear as well (the bearded one?) but can't take him seriously as he looks like screech from Saved by the Bell :)

But yeah, that aussie dude who does the vibra thingy, he should look absolutely toned and a perfect specimen. But he just looks like a guy who isn't overweight but that doesn't actually exercise!

I do have a really nice treadmill here but walking for me is difficult as it is painful. But I have ordered some heel raisers and nice comfy trainers, just to help with the way I walk. I have put off using that treadmill, but it is time I dusted it off and just started eating more sensibly.

Thanks once again you lovely people :)

Qaulified PT and nutritiomist here - back story, put on loads of weight, got fit, got healthy became a PT and loved it. Had to give up following a string of injuries following an accident.

Anyway, that was me - advice I would always give clients is the advice I try to give myself. Dont try and change EVERYTHING today or give up everything in one go as it almost always fails.

Pick one thing and stick to it for three weeks (the time it usually takes for a good habit to stick) - it might be smaller portions, it might no mid morning cake, it might be no biscuits in the evening or no glass of wine, it might be walk to work once a week, or walk 100 yards every other day. Just pick one thing and carry on with everything as before, once that first thing is established you will find that you have also managed to cut something else out or walk more or something but if not dont worry. Find another thing to change and ADD that to the first.

Over a few weeks you will find you have made several lifestyle changes without feeling that you have deprived yourself of anything or struggled to fit gym sessions in; by making small changes slowly it becomes a part of your life and not yet another failed New Year resolution.

Its worked on so many of my client who have had phenomenal results - but remember we all put weight on over months and years and it will take that long to lose it healthily.

Latest posts

Back