Honora Pearls - Ralph

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
Had it confirmed today that Ralph from Honora Pearls is no longer doing the shows on QVC...........new guest been on air today. No confirmation yet as to whether he has actually left Honora as a company.!

If true, that's very sad to hear. Not really a pearl person but could easily watch Ralph. He seems a lovely man.
New person seems okay but lacking charisma. Tough act to follow!

end of an era it seems. marla wynn looks like she gone off on a paddy since the baggy drees tsv saga. qvc's loss

Looks from this article that Ralph has not been the owner of Honora for quite some time even though he still presented the shows. Was he pushed???
honora.jpg

I never bought any qvc pearls, but Ralph was one of the guests that I did enjoy listening to, shame he has gone...the irritating guests/presenters never seem to leave.

I understand from that article that Ralph & Joel will still run Honora as a seperate brand but under the wing of the bigger company that has taken them over.
Hope it doesn't mean they are going more mass market with the downgrade in quality that usually brings. Time to hang on to any Honora you already have & love.

I suspect he has left the company now. That article was dated 2013. I think some of US retailers are in trouble I have read in the last week that Macy,'s , Sears , and another big name I can't remember have or are closing a number of stores.

I suspect he has left the company now. That article was dated 2013. I think some of US retailers are in trouble I have read in the last week that Macy,'s , Sears , and another big name I can't remember have or are closing a number of stores.
Yes, it was an old article and I did search but nothing more recent.

What is going on with QVC guests at the moment? They are dropping like flies; Siobhan from OPI, Sinead from Phillip Kingsley & now lovely Ralph! I always had a soft spot for Ralph & thought what a charming & distinguished man he was. No waffle, he wasn't full of himself & I did learn a lot from him. He always enjoyed chatting to viewers when they called in & for some reason, I always thought of Dynasty when I saw him?!I think he might be one of my "older men, guilty pleasures" along with George from De Jager (lovely voice lol)

I think the 3rd is Kohls. Some big names there, they WILL have tremendous buying power yet still not top of their game.

I'm gutted if Ralph has gone. He was great at presenting and had a great sense of humour. Also one of the best guests QVC has ever had, in my opinion.

I love my Honora but won't be watching any more now. Was not impressed with the new lady at all. Has Joel also gone? Could we have him instead?

At one time Honora did good quality classy jewellery which stood the test of time and looked more than the money. In recent times the price has gone up but the quality has gone down. Lots of badly shaped, badly marked pearls, too many ring pearls which are dirt cheap to buy and rejected by many companies, poor dying process with people complaining the colour was transferring to skin and clothes, lots of cheap elastic bracelets, less silver and more base metals etc etc and I think when the presenters say they are the top 3% of pearls that nowadays they`re spinning a yarn. If some of honora`s offerings are the top 3% for quality then I`d hate to see the other 97%.
Ralph was a quality representative who at one time sold quality goods and it would be nice to think he`s moved elsewhere to once again sell quality items because Honora has ended up basically just one notch above costume jewellery and is still spiralling downwards.

Latest posts

Back