Honora Pearls - Ralph

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really liked Ralph and I love Honora- I have many many pieces both older and newer and TBH I have on the whole been as pleased with the recent ones just as much as the older pieces. My gripe was always that USA had fab designs whereas Q UK seemed to only want the boring pieces.

Will give the new person a go but if they get paired with the brats then that will be yet another nail in the viewing coffin for me.

At one time Honora did good quality classy jewellery which stood the test of time and looked more than the money. In recent times the price has gone up but the quality has gone down. Lots of badly shaped, badly marked pearls, too many ring pearls which are dirt cheap to buy and rejected by many companies, poor dying process with people complaining the colour was transferring to skin and clothes, lots of cheap elastic bracelets, less silver and more base metals etc etc and I think when the presenters say they are the top 3% of pearls that nowadays they`re spinning a yarn. If some of honora`s offerings are the top 3% for quality then I`d hate to see the other 97%.
Ralph was a quality representative who at one time sold quality goods and it would be nice to think he`s moved elsewhere to once again sell quality items because Honora has ended up basically just one notch above costume jewellery and is still spiralling downwards.

Agree about 4 or 5 years ago we suddenly got the ringed pearls, which Ralph always said before they dis guarded as substandard. Then bang that is all we got, because customers wanted them. No they didn't. I do own some for over ten years ago, the invisible wire ones, lovely and no rings on them

At one time Honora did good quality classy jewellery which stood the test of time and looked more than the money. In recent times the price has gone up but the quality has gone down. Lots of badly shaped, badly marked pearls, too many ring pearls which are dirt cheap to buy and rejected by many companies, poor dying process with people complaining the colour was transferring to skin and clothes, lots of cheap elastic bracelets, less silver and more base metals etc etc and I think when the presenters say they are the top 3% of pearls that nowadays they`re spinning a yarn. If some of honora`s offerings are the top 3% for quality then I`d hate to see the other 97%.
Ralph was a quality representative who at one time sold quality goods and it would be nice to think he`s moved elsewhere to once again sell quality items because Honora has ended up basically just one notch above costume jewellery and is still spiralling downwards.

I think I tend to agree, the older stuff is quality and has good colour, it was never over expensive and stands the test of time. You are right is saying that the new stuff is like costume jewellery, it looks cheap and is becoming expensive. Pearls and something that Ralph knows and I would not be surprised is he starts again and builds up another business. Lets hope so be we shall never see him again on the Q...

What a shame - I really liked Ralph and enjoyed his shows. Have quite a bit of Honora although not bought for a while. I also have a couple of watches too - lovely quality. Not too fussed on the new woman though - although to be fair, Ralph would be a hard act to follow.

Amazingly despite the numerous posts over the past 2 days none of the Q kissy kissy mob has answered.

Have only seen the current show - did any presenter mention him at all or has he been wiped from their memories?

New guest might be ok with the likes of Dale, Charlie or Julia but how she will cope with the shouty women is still to be seen, will she manage them ok or will it turn into a case of seeing who can talk the fasted and loudest.

They all do it in the end, Liz Earle, Laura Geller, Leighton Denny, Ralph to name but a few. This has happened more so in the past few years, so not all is ok at QVC Towers it seems.

Honora themselves have posted that Ralph is no longer with Honora

And not a kissy kissy in sight!

I am not surprised, their response to me yesterday was such I thought this was case!

I wonder if Larry has gone too..........often when companies are taken over the current presidents etc...are kept in place for a set amount of time then they leave.

Isn't this how business is?You do your best, work your socks off then--hey you are gone,as though you have never been there?Ralph probably has retired but they could have mentioned this but in my world I am not surprised the more you do----I have had colleagues who build themselves up but are nothing but expect to go with a fanfare ( & usually do!!) Hopefully Honora will have recognised the 'worth' of Ralph being 'the face of Honora' on QVC UK. Good luck to him whenever & whatever!

Totally agree Vienna. It all started to get a bit suspect when the 'stainless steel' and covered brass started appearing. For me S/steel are saucepans, and brass is for churches, so unless its gold, silver (or platinum) for jewellery then I'm not interested. The stretch bracelets smacked of market stalls, and it was all getting a bit down market. No doubt Ralph was doing the presentations to keep the bank balance topped up, but he must have struggled to be as gushing about the cheaper stuff as time went on.

My fav pieces were the floating pearl necklaces, have the white pearl and different colours, always look good.

Two of my favourite jewellery brands have now gone. First it was Carolyn Pollack (South western silver), and now Honora. And even in the beauty department Leighton Denny has almost gone.

These were the shows I mainly watched. (Although I do like Aurora, but next we know poor Dominic will go).

I never bought any honora. I tried twice for stud earring TSVs but my colour choice had gone both times. I always thought Ralph was a very classy guest. He knew his stuff, he spoke calmly and clearly, he was extremely polite and always well turned out. One of the few!!!!!!!

It's a pity that no one has told the resident jewellery expert, Alison that Ralph is no more as she is presently on spouting about Ralph bringing us this and Ralph doing that. The presenter Katy P isn't much better as it has gone entirely over her head.

Latest posts

Back